Shame on iam prez and the iam pension bosses

dvlhog212 said:
$938? Absolutely pathetic. One more time, for any negotiations committee reading this. NO IAMNPF!!! We want an industry leading 401K contribution or matching %. Anything with the iamnpf is a resounding NO!!!
That $938 has a very good chance to become $450.
However, if twu members approve a new ta that brings 10,000 more members into our plan then i will say thank you as that could buy us another year or two.

jd630000 said:
Real tired...you live under a rock?  not everyone does.

..my pension..should i leave now would be 938.00...

I have no idea what you are talking about.  But what I do know is you are wrong.  You must be "confused" and talking about your PBGC pension.  You know, the single employer plan the company so graciously terminated.

For the AA people, concerning the IAMNPF, we are all the same.  In other words, each Mechanic, each Stock Clerk and each of the remaining 50 Utility people all get the same amount on our IAMNPF payout.  As long as we worked the required number of hours each year.  Otherwise your payout would be less.

For a Mechanic to retire on 12-31-2015 his or her payout would be: $625.89  That equates to a $85.46 multiplier. ($2.00 per hour)
A Stock clerk would be: $461.84.  And a $64.09 multiplier. ($1.45 per hour)
A Utility person still employed after 2008 would be: $360.28.  And a $48.43 multiplier.  ($1.05 per hour)

Reactions: 1 person
jd630000 said:
31 years but that doesn't matter...the pension didn't start up until 2003 i believe..we had a 401k match before that..and it wasn't my choice to change.....
what happens in the future of the pension..i have no idea...but nothing is for certain ..
What are you talking about, man?  Where are you getting these numbers?  

The IAM pension started in 2008.  You're 5 years off.  You need to seriously get some financial help if you are nearing retirement.

And this so typifies the USAirways IAM member.  Totally out of the know.

The union underhandedly wrote the IAM pension into a contract with a very, very tiny increase in base wages after years of pay cuts, and it passed.  And then they don't say another word, and nobody knows.

Is it the PBGC pension, the IAM pension? ..... "I don't know."
How do I apply?  How much is it?  When can I apply?  Who do I call? .........  "I don't know."

The lack of information and interaction from the IAM is amazing.  You AA people better get used to it.  It's only going to get worse with the Association, as you can now see.  You'll only know about something after it hits you in the face or it comes out on a backdoor "Letter of Agreement" between the company and union.

I should do my own damn video about the IAM.  It would be about stuffing a paper ballots into a 2380 oil drum, and how the retirees get to vote on my contract.  You'd get a real laugh.

The IAM pension started in 2008.  You're 5 years off.  You need to seriously get some financial help if you are nearing retirement.

The union underhandedly wrote the IAM pension into a contract with a very, very tiny increase in base wages after years of pay cuts, and it passed.  And then they don't say another word, and nobody knows.

How do I apply?  How much is it?  When can I apply?  Who do I call? .........  "I don't know."

The lack of information and interaction from the IAM is amazing.  You AA people better get used to it.  It's only going to get worse with the Association, as you can now see.  You'll only know about something after it hits you in the face or it comes out on a backdoor "Letter of Agreement" between the company and union.

I should do my own damn video about the IAM.  It would be about stuffing a paper ballots into a 2380 oil drum, and how the retirees get to vote on my contract.  You'd get a real laugh.
The poster is referring to Fleet Service

the PBGC is for my pension that got frozen in 1991.....it is totally separate from the IAM pension..that, for me ,began in 2003...its not that difficult..for some,..it all online to see....

jd630000 said:
the PBGC is for my pension that got frozen in 1991.....it is totally separate from the IAM pension..that, for me ,began in 2003...its not that difficult..for some,..it all online to see....
I think that frozen plan in the PBGC has a "social security offset" so you won't be getting all of that either. I'm not really sure what the SS offset is or how much, but I think we can all be in for a not so welcome suprise

jd630000 said:
Real tired...you live under a rock?  not everyone does.

..my pension..should i leave now would be 938.00...
So since 2003 about 13 years, your getting about $72/yr in the plan.

Real tired said:

The IAM needs the TWU membership to help fund the IAMNPF.
People, don't get duped.

Reactions: 3 people
Date of Action: July 19, 2016
Type of Action: Consent judgment and order
Names of Defendants: “National Pension Plan,” also known as the International Association of Machinists’ National Pension Fund
Gary Allen, Thomas Connery, Philip Gruber, Warren Mart, Robert Martinez Jr.
Alfred Nelson, Robert Roach, Burton Trebour and Lynn Tucker
Allegations: An investigation by the U.S. Labor Department's Employee Benefits Security Administration found that the National Pension Fund defendants violated the Employee Retirement Income Security Act  and breached their fiduciary duties by:
  • Failing to select fund service providers loyally and prudently, including consultants and fund investment managers.
  • Ignoring required procedures included in the fund’s governing plan documents regularly.
  • Creating conflicts of interest for the fund.
  • Unlawfully soliciting and accepting gratuities from plan service providers.
  • Spending and permitting others to spend fund assets lavishly on unnecessary trips, parties and extravagant food, wine and accommodations.

The above defendants violated the "Employee Retirement Income Security Act". Why are they still employed by the iam? 

Reactions: 2 people
Ramp Rogue said:
Names of Defendants: “National Pension Plan,” also known as the International Association of Machinists’ National Pension Fund
Allegations: An investigation by the U.S. Labor Department's Employee Benefits Security Administration found that the National Pension Fund defendants violated the Employee Retirement Income Security Act  and breached their fiduciary duties by:

• Failing to select fund service providers loyally and prudently, including consultants and fund investment managers.
  • Ignoring required procedures included in the fund’s governing plan documents regularly.
  • Spending and permitting others to spend fund assets lavishly on unnecessary trips, parties and extravagant food, wine and accommodations.

The above defendants violated the "Employee Retirement Income Security Act". Why are they still employed by the iam? 
https://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/1-16-cv-00120.pdf

JFK Fleet Service said:
The TWU's fear of losing a runoff election is what got us in the Ass in the first place.It was a brilliant scheme designed to let both corporations (IAM,TWU) maintain their collective status quo.Dues income,political involvement,nothing had to change.Unless you were in a TWU station that went IAM.

The duplication of services is mind boggling.No need for elimination of duplicated services, they can all maintain their places at the teat of the international.Dues still flow in and that is all they care about in the corporate office.

I can't imagine what it would be like to have my union actively work on my behalf instead of actively working on their  behalf.The TWU seems to think we are an exploitable resource for their benefit.
Bingo.

Kev3188 said:
I wonder what sort of tacit message that sent to the company?
The message sent to the co. was plain and simple.  "Co. come join in with us and we as a 3 party group will stop a run-off election and we will be able remain the collective barganing agent for the members into the future."  And they did.

1AA said:
I suggest you take it now and run before they decide to do another adjustment.
I know you already know, but, even if he takes it now it's gonna get hit later to be reduced by 50% and will include the folks already retired again. That's a no-brainer...

Ramp Rogue said:

And now there is proof how the IAM spends the dues, illegally I might add. They are just as corrupted as the teamsters and their spendings around their pension funds.  NEVER get into ANY pension fund that is ran, controled or has anything to do with the union having any kind of control of it,  PERIOD!  Run Forrest, run...

Reactions: 3 people
swamt said:
Bingo.

The message sent to the co. was plain and simple.  "Co. come join in with us and we as a 3 party group will stop a run-off election and we will be able remain the collective barganing agent for the members into the future."  And they did.

I know you already know, but, even if he takes it now it's gonna get hit later to be reduced by 50% and will include the folks already retired again. That's a no-brainer...

And now there is proof how the IAM spends the dues, illegally I might add. They are just as corrupted as the teamsters and their spendings around their pension funds.  NEVER get into ANY pension fund that is ran, controled or has anything to do with the union having any kind of control of it,  PERIOD!  Run Forrest, run...
In this case, admitted guilt over the expenditure of our pension money as opposed to the dues. But they blow the dues also. Having a 3rd party represent our union is mind boggling to me. The pilots and stews don't contract out their union's representation to these 3rd party labor organizations like the TWU and IAM.

Tim Nelson said:
In this case, admitted guilt over the expenditure of our pension money as opposed to the dues. But they blow the dues also. Having a 3rd party represent our union is mind boggling to me. The pilots and stews don't contract out their union's representation to these 3rd party labor organizations like the TWU and IAM.
I thought the lavish spending part was tied to the dues.  Did I mis-read that?  You know the diners, hotels, alcohol ect...

Latest posts