Southeast snow

then perhaps you could answer the question like I did instead of arguing.

WorldTraveler said:
DL operated about half of its ATL flights during the ice event.

despite the difficulties in ATL yesterday, DL's systemwide OT based on flightstats was about 50% due to 75% - 80% OT at MSP and DTW.

appears that DL is planning for about 75% of its ATL operation today.
flightstats is not perfect but it is instantly available and it does provide fairly accurately show how well an operation is doing. And flightstats data does correlate fairly well with DOT OT data when it is released.

No one's arguing. If you're looking for a conflict, keep shopping. I have no interest in playing a part in your theatrics.

How'd they do? IMO, not as well as they should've; especially given all of the contingencies plans that are supposedly in place.

Some moves made perfect sense. Others not so much. We had only a few opportunities to do right by our customers yesterday; we shouldn't have squandered some of the chances we had.

WorldTraveler said:
Further, when 700 wants to start posting the blow by blow of every other airline's operational issues - including crew comments as freely as he is to cut and paste FB comments to this site, then I'll quit asking for him to hold union airlines to the same standard.

I am sick and f89g tired of having to read his endless and mindless union drivel and having it defended by people like you that are so far out of step with what Delta Air Lines is about but determined in your mind that you represent anyone other than your own self.

the sooner you grasp the concept that you are the odd man out who is out of touch with the majority of your peers and quit looking to snake oil salesmen who can't deliver for their own clients, then you'll understand why DL employees don't want anything to do with unions.

You have a mind and a credible position to argue points but you defend and allow people like 700 to dominate the conversation and lose your own opportunity to speak.

If it matters to you, stand up and speak and tell people like 700 to shut up and let DL people speak.

First of all you dont own the message board, when you do buy it you can make the rules.

Second this is a thread about Delta, unlike you who posts Delta drivel all over every other airline thread, I choose not too.

Third, if you care to post a blow by blow account of other airlines you have the right to do so on their threads.

Fourth, Its reality of whats happening to ACTUAL Delta Employees, something which you are not, get that idea into your head.
Those flight attendants are living it, Delta chose to operated the flights into ATL and get the crews stranded, they are sleeping on a 767 right now on Gate A11, thats reality.

Fifth, Delta is overwhelmed and cant accommodate its flight attendants with hotel rooms as ATL is a mess.

Sixth , the majority of the board is sick of you posting for ALL Delta employees and telling the board what they think and you are not even a Delta employee nor do you work with the effected employees.

Seventh, if you dont like it, then dont read it, its ok for you to do whatever you want, but God forbid someone criticizes that ALL Mighty Delta.

Get real.

Do you have a Delta Shrine in your house and Worship the all might Delta every day?

“You shall have no other gods before me."

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the L[SIZE=83%]ORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.[/SIZE]

Kev3188 said:
No one's arguing. If you're looking for a conflict, keep shopping. I have no interest in playing a part in your theatrics.

How'd they do? IMO, not as well as they should've; especially given all of the contingencies plans that are supposedly in place.

Some moves made perfect sense. Others not so much. We had only a few opportunities to do right by our customers yesterday; we shouldn't have squandered some of the chances we had.
well actually you are the one arguing.

Given that DL cancelled about half of their domestic operation the day before the event and managed to operate the other half over the next two days, then their plans apparently did work.

Again, tell us how well other carriers have done in other weather events? Half of the operation in a major weather event is actually about the norm.

DL's operations at DTW and MSP do fair better than 50% cancellation rates but DL also doesn't share hubs at those cities as exists in ORD.

and NW did a good job of winter weather operations and DL continues to maintain that tradition, whether you can admit it or not.

If you don't think DL is doing as good of a job as NW did or DL did even in ATL before the merger, then whip out some statistics to show us instead of basing your comments on your jaded opinions. If DL really is doing worse, then it shouldn't be hard for you to actually SHOW IT.

if this is a discussion about active (not actual, all people are actual) DL employees, then why are you participating?

You're just gonna have to take my word for it. Or not. The OP asked a question and I answered it.

And while my opinions are certainly my own, they're based on first hand experience.

I'd love to share some specific info, but you & I both know that's proprietary, and not gonna happen. Why would you even ask?

even if procedures have changed (which I can accept are proprietary), coming to the conclusion that things are worse off is something you should be able to back up... on-time statistics, cancellation rates, etc.

That information is all very much public.

If you can't demonstrate that things are worse off, then perhaps shouldn't be making such a comment.

I read somewhere or may have seen it on news couple days ago that us in clt cancelled roughly 14% and ual about the same in houston but I have no way of confirming that

robbedagain said:
I read somewhere or may have seen it on news couple days ago that us in clt cancelled roughly 14% and ual about the same in houston but I have no way of confirming that
i've read that too but both cities didn't have the same type of weather as ATL... and they didn't have the same boops that ATL and GA have for government "leaders"

Spin and change, the difference is you claim to speak for the Delta employees and you insinuate that you are one.

I don't speak as a DL employee never claimed too and don't speak as an IAM rep, I speak for me, what I posted is what is actually going on with actual Delta employees, something which you dont.

nope, I have not insinuated or said otherwise that I am a DL employee.

Your contact with DL employees is via FB and hearsay. When was your last DL flight?

If you don't speak for the IAM, then your opinions are no more or no less than the opinions of any other private person and just as subject to being challenged.

Specific to this topic, if you aren't a spokesman for DL employees or are a representative of the IAM, why do you have this need to copy and paste information from an open FB site onto this site? Do you not think that people who want to participate over there aren't capable of going there if they want?

Also doesn't change that DL has operated as much or more of its operation during and after this event in ATL as other carriers have elsewhere... and if DL employees think their employer is not doing what should be done for them, they can vote for a union if they think that will change something.

But given the problems have been just as bad or worse at other carriers, the notion that a union is going to make it all better is utter nonsense.

WorldTraveler said:
even if procedures have changed (which I can accept are proprietary), coming to the conclusion that things are worse off is something you should be able to back up... on-time statistics, cancellation rates, etc.
A0, D5, out-to-off, De-icing delays and other things are not. And if they are, where I get them from is not. I'm not going down that road.

If you can't demonstrate that things are worse off, then perhaps shouldn't be making such a comment.
What happened to your stance on people being free to post?

You are free to post what you want, Kev. but if you can't find public proof to make a public charge that the wheels are falling off the operation, then you probably should not be using your proprietary position inside of DL's operation to be making assessments of how well DL is or is not doing.

Likewise, you might wanna rethink you're putting words into other people's posts.

Here's is my answer to the OP's question:

"How'd they do? IMO, not as well as they should've; especially given all of the contingencies plans that are supposedly in place."

Can you explain how you've interpreted that as a "public charge that the wheels are falling off?"

I answered the question with publicly available data and with a comparison of other carriers using the same standard.

If you are comfortable saying on a public forum that your employer missed their own expectations, then you should be able to back it up or else save it for breakroom table talk where others do have the data and you aren't bound by any limitations.

So when it fits your narrative, then the freedom to post reigns supreme. When it doens't, then it's all about keeping up appearances, and one shouldn't weigh in with an opinion, even if it's experientially based.

Got it. thanks.

Latest posts

Back