Southwest considers discontinuing USAIR agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't they just discipline the flight attendant that did this? They should suspend her flight benefits on WN instead of punishing the rest of us.

Can't they just discipline the flight attendant that did this? They should suspend her flight benefits on WN instead of punishing the rest of us.

I'm pretty sure that they did....problem is, it's still an ongoing issue with other commuters.

Just a reminder, folks, use of profanity, even with *** inserted to hide letters, is a no no.

Let's keep it somewhat clean out there please.

Thank you.

You are now free to move around the topic. ;)

Oh, poor baby. Don't want to face your reality that you work for the nations's worst airline? too bad, so sad. My foolishness is your reality.
yeah, HP/US has certainly become the worst airline in the last 2 years . .gee, I wonder why?

<_<
Before 9-11 at America West we had a pretty damn good f/c product and coach! We use to serve a 4 course meal on domestic flights in f/c and two choice meal in coach. So get off your high horse please! :rolleyes:

I miss the America West Airlines "Signature Service" in First Class. It was a lot of work, but it sure was good!

I found a menu from 2001 with the product America West served on a flight from Phoenix to Chicago O'Hare:

WINES

Penfolds Koonunga Hill Chardonnay 1998 (Australia)
The careful grape selection and precise blending of melon and tropical fruit flavors are balanced by a nutty oak influence.

Echelon Chardonnay 1997 (Central Coast)
Complex flavors of fruit combined with oak aging, create a long but subtle, intriguing finish.

Beringer Founders Estate Merlot 1997 (Napa)
Smooth, light plum and blach cherry aromas are supplemented by hints of vanilla and spice from oak barrel aging.

Sonoma Creek Merlot 1997 (Sonoma)
A bouquet of fresh, bright plum, raspberry and black cherry aromas leaves a hint of spice on a refreshing finish.

Beringer Founders Estate Cabernet 1996 (Napa)
Oak barrel aging softens the tannins and enhances rich red and blackberry flavors, adding subtle hints of toast.

Lindemans Cawarra Shiraz Cabernet 1998 (Australia)
The partnering of Shiraz and Cabernet produces a medium-bodied wine with generous fruit flavors and a lingering tannin finish.

COCKTAILS * CORDIALS * BEERS

Bacardi Rum * Beefeater's Gin * Canadian Club Blended Whiskey * Jack Daniels * Glenlivet * Johnny Walker Black Label * Finlandia Vodka * Smirnoff Vodka * Bailey's Irish Cream * Courvoisier VSOP Cognac * DiSaronno Amaretto * Kahlua * Salvador's Margarita * Budweiser * Bud Light * Coors Light * Heineken * Miller Genuine Draft * Miller Lite

Assorted mixers, soft drinks, juices, coffee and tea

TO BEGIN...

Warm Crostini with Herbed Cheeses

Lemon Pepper Capellini with Fresh Roma Tomato and Basil

Baby Spinach Leaves with Marinated Papaya and Sweet Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Lemon Dressing

ENTREE SELECTIONS

Chateaubriand, Classically Prepared
Sauce Bearnaise, Duchess Potato
Tomato Provencale and Caramelized Onions

Blackened Fresh Sea Bass with Lemon Vodka Sauce
Accompanied by Empanada of Chicken, Portobello, Roasted Pepper and a Touch of Goat Cheese
Fresh Buttered Asparagus Spears
Julienne of Squash and Carrot

Warm French Baguette
Sweet Butter

DESSERT

Mocha Fudge Ice Cream Pie with Raspberry Coulis

Composition of Raspberry and Lemon/Lime Sherbets

Coffee, Liqueurs, Chocolates

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, all of this in First Class on a 2.45 hour flight operated by America West Airlines

I miss the America West Airlines "Signature Service" in First Class. It was a lot of work, but it sure was good!

I found a menu from 2001 with the product America West served on a flight from Phoenix to Chicago O'Hare:

WINES

Penfolds Koonunga Hill Chardonnay 1998 (Australia)
The careful grape selection and precise blending of melon and tropical fruit flavors are balanced by a nutty oak influence.

Echelon Chardonnay 1997 (Central Coast)
Complex flavors of fruit combined with oak aging, create a long but subtle, intriguing finish.

Beringer Founders Estate Merlot 1997 (Napa)
Smooth, light plum and blach cherry aromas are supplemented by hints of vanilla and spice from oak barrel aging.

Sonoma Creek Merlot 1997 (Sonoma)
A bouquet of fresh, bright plum, raspberry and black cherry aromas leaves a hint of spice on a refreshing finish.

Beringer Founders Estate Cabernet 1996 (Napa)
Oak barrel aging softens the tannins and enhances rich red and blackberry flavors, adding subtle hints of toast.

Lindemans Cawarra Shiraz Cabernet 1998 (Australia)
The partnering of Shiraz and Cabernet produces a medium-bodied wine with generous fruit flavors and a lingering tannin finish.

COCKTAILS * CORDIALS * BEERS

Bacardi Rum * Beefeater's Gin * Canadian Club Blended Whiskey * Jack Daniels * Glenlivet * Johnny Walker Black Label * Finlandia Vodka * Smirnoff Vodka * Bailey's Irish Cream * Courvoisier VSOP Cognac * DiSaronno Amaretto * Kahlua * Salvador's Margarita * Budweiser * Bud Light * Coors Light * Heineken * Miller Genuine Draft * Miller Lite

Assorted mixers, soft drinks, juices, coffee and tea

TO BEGIN...

Warm Crostini with Herbed Cheeses

Lemon Pepper Capellini with Fresh Roma Tomato and Basil

Baby Spinach Leaves with Marinated Papaya and Sweet Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Lemon Dressing

ENTREE SELECTIONS

Chateaubriand, Classically Prepared
Sauce Bearnaise, Duchess Potato
Tomato Provencale and Caramelized Onions

Blackened Fresh Sea Bass with Lemon Vodka Sauce
Accompanied by Empanada of Chicken, Portobello, Roasted Pepper and a Touch of Goat Cheese
Fresh Buttered Asparagus Spears
Julienne of Squash and Carrot

Warm French Baguette
Sweet Butter

DESSERT

Mocha Fudge Ice Cream Pie with Raspberry Coulis

Composition of Raspberry and Lemon/Lime Sherbets

Coffee, Liqueurs, Chocolates

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, all of this in First Class on a 2.45 hour flight operated by America West Airlines
This is minimal compared to US Airway's old Envoy service, but I'm glad that you're impressed with it. I have flown first class on AWA when I commuted from Hawaii, and I didn't think that the service was bad, but it could not be compared to the big boys. I wasn't expecting much anyway, so I wasn't disappointed. This makes me think of some of my neighbors who worked for Independence Air. When they were still in operation, every single one of their employees seemed to think that their airline was fabulous. I was like...are you serious? :blink: FlyI was a joke! I really enjoyed the 4-day liquidation sale though...I'm using one of the computers that I bought from their HQ for $35.00!

This is minimal compared to US Airway's old Envoy service, but I'm glad that you're impressed with it.

For a domestic flight that was under three hours, yeah, I guess you could say that I could easily be impressed.

My past experience working for American Airlines and with British Airways have shown me what true International First Class service is. Levels of service that US Air/Airways Envoy could never compare...not back then and certainly not now.

For a domestic flight that was under three hours, yeah, I guess you could say that I could easily be impressed.

My past experience working for American Airlines and with British Airways have shown me what true International First Class service is. Levels of service that US Air/Airways Envoy could never compare...not back then and certainly not now.
Maybe you don't remember that we actually wore British Air's uniform and worked the wet-lease international flights? We have actual working knowledge of both. Were you around then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back