Swing States

There needs to be only one question answered on November 2nd. Are you better off today then 4 years ago. If you can honestly say YES, then by all means, vote for him.

If you're like the other 98% of us, then the answer is obviously Kerry!

Why should so many outside forces, i.e. The dot com burst, 9/11, etc. that have had enormous effect on this country, be allowed to enter into that equation? You have completely eliminated the element of job approval and made it a personal question. You're right, I don't think there are many people who would say their lives are better now than four years ago, but I don't think your president is to blame for it.

Fly,

you made a statement, now back it up. You claim that Bush has lead the country down the toilet.

How and why?

Let's see......he caused a war that has killed over 1000 of America's youth. How's that for starters? And don't say he didn't start it......I don't remember any Iraqi's causing 9/11.

Let's see......he caused a war that has killed over 1000 of America's youth. How's that for starters? And don't say he didn't start it......I don't remember any Iraqi's causing 9/11.

And thank God he did. God bless the men and women who wear our uniform, for they are protecting our country from a dictatorship that wanted me and you and anyone who reads this dead.

But you haven't answered the question at all. Why is this country "down the toilet?"

USAir757 said:
And thank God he did. God bless the men and women who wear our uniform, for they are protecting our country from a dictatorship that wanted me and you and anyone who reads this dead.

But you haven't answered the question at all. Why is this country "down the toilet?"
[post="177104"][/post]​

Maybe because Bush, when speaking without the Karl Rove "cliff notes on the war" document, Bush correctly stated that this is a war that cannot be won. He has exposed this country to even MORE fears of terrorism on our shores. He has people duct taping their bathrooms to protect from a chemical attack. He has armed guards on subways in New York City. He has people afraid to go do things on holidays because of the latest "orange alert" that has been posted. Part of terrorism isn't just blowing up buildings...it's putting a citizenry in fear of living their lives. His actions in Iraq will only serve to incite radical groups in Iran, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, and any other mid east country to rise up and attack America again. While the rest of the world sits by and says "You started this mess, now deal with it". Almost every nation in the world supported the US when we went into Afghanistan. Heck...even I supported that. But almost every nation in the world looks at us know and scratches their head and says "What the f--- were they thinking" when we went into Iraq. That my friend, is putting this country in the toilet.

KCFlyer said:
Maybe because Bush, when speaking without the Karl Rove "cliff notes on the war" document, Bush correctly stated that this is a war that cannot be won. He has exposed this country to even MORE fears of terrorism on our shores. He has people duct taping their bathrooms to protect from a chemical attack. He has armed guards on subways in New York City. He has people afraid to go do things on holidays because of the latest "orange alert" that has been posted. Part of terrorism isn't just blowing up buildings...it's putting a citizenry in fear of living their lives. His actions in Iraq will only serve to incite radical groups in Iran, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, and any other mid east country to rise up and attack America again. While the rest of the world sits by and says "You started this mess, now deal with it". Almost every nation in the world supported the US when we went into Afghanistan. Heck...even I supported that. But almost every nation in the world looks at us know and scratches their head and says "What the f--- were they thinking" when we went into Iraq. That my friend, is putting this country in the toilet.
[post="177116"][/post]​

Back on the "war that can't be won" tirade again? Thought we had cleared up that one. Guess not, at least not for you anyway.

Bush does not have people duct taping their bathrooms, the terrorists do.

Bush does not have people scared to do thing, the terrorists do.

And almost every nation is not wondering why we went into IRaq. There are 40 nations standing with us in there. Obvously they know why we went.

President has stated the obvious, that there are terrorists that would seek to kill americans and he has taken steps he deem prudent to both try to stop that and to make the people aware of the threat. And I have news for you, these groups you are referring to, already existed and had the same feelings before we went into Iraq, they just have two less countries to give them shelter, training, weapons and money.

We have identified a larger number of those groups, have captured a large number of those responsable for the planing and execution of plans to kill americans. As much as you want to argue with it, it has become much harder to get state support for terrorism activities than it was 3 years ago. That makes the world a safer place.

If thats true, how have acts of terrorism been able to increase?

sentrido said:
[post="177126"][/post]​

Where?

Another building was attacked in the US?

Another Airliner was brought down?

An embassy was bombed?

A US warship was attacked?

There is lawlessness everywhere in Iraq and we are trying to let the new iraq government take control. We are also trying very hard not to just flatten the country and have respect for religious sites.

True, there are bands causing havoc in iraq, on a small scale and isolated basis, or do you think we should just pull out and leave a vacuum there?

Your man Kerry can't even decide on that. First he wanted to have the troops out of there within a year, now he is saying 4.

Boy that is leadership

I don't think acts of terrorism are increasing in the United States, which is exactly the idea. We see the reports of terror cells and such in the US much more now because we are more attuned to terrorism since 9/11. But terror itself hasn't increased on the homeland, as we can plainly see.

Back on the "war that can't be won" tirade again? Thought we had cleared up that one. Guess not, at least not for you anyway.

Bush flip-flopped. He said what he thought...not what Karl Rove told him to think. And the really sad part is...he had it right the first time.

Bush does not have people duct taping their bathrooms, the terrorists do.

The terrorists did not tell people to duct tape their bathrooms...the department of homeland security did. Bush appointed the boss over there.

Bush does not have people scared to do thing, the terrorists do.

And Bush is recruiting the terrorists daily that cause the orange alerts that make people avoid Wall Street. It's almost like that old story I heard as a kid..."The house that Jack Built". This is the terrorist, who made the bomb, that he strapped to his belly, that he took to Central Park, to blow up himself and others, in the houst that Bush built."

And almost every nation is not wondering why we went into IRaq. There are 40 nations standing with us in there. Obvously they know why we went.

Do they really? There are over 260 countries in the world. We've got 40 "with us". What about the other 220?

President has stated the obvious, that there are terrorists that would seek to kill americans and he has taken steps he deem prudent to both try to stop that and to make the people aware of the threat. And I have news for you, these groups you are referring to, already existed and had the same feelings before we went into Iraq, they just have two less countries to give them shelter, training, weapons and money.

And those steps thus far have resulted in how many beheadings? Those steps have resulted how many US soldiers dying in non-combat situations? Those steps have done what to make American's safer from terrorist threats within our own borders?

We have identified a larger number of those groups, have captured a large number of those responsable for the planing and execution of plans to kill americans. As much as you want to argue with it, it has become much harder to get state support for terrorism activities than it was 3 years ago. That makes the world a safer place.

Which state supported the 9/11 terrorists? It wasn't Iraq... you're right...they've been around before, and they will continue to be around later. The terrorist groups have learned a lot from Americans...little things like how to launder money. So Canada my be "sponsoring" terrorists for all we know, the source of the funding will remain cloudy. And as much as y'all despise Chirac, he said (before we went to war) that we would only foster the growth of lots of little Bin Laden's. Bear in mind, the mastermind of the attack on the world trade center did so from a cave in Afghanistan. Do you think terrorist groups will be shopping for prime real estate for their new headquarters building? Nope...they'll just find another cave. We are NO safer from terrorism than we were 3 years ago.

KCFlyer said:
And those steps thus far have resulted in how many beheadings? Those steps have resulted how many US soldiers dying in non-combat situations? Those steps have done what to make American's safer from terrorist threats within our own borders?
Which state supported the 9/11 terrorists?
[post="177216"][/post]​

And how many more dead american citizens that just went to work in the morning do you want before we take a stand? How many more innocent americans have to die doing nothing to stop terrorism before you deem it is ok to act?

They are over there fighting so that you can sit here and type whatever you want to. Iraq was supporting al-queida directly, with money and safe heavens to train, with intelligence and whatever else they could give them.

Don't say that the war in iraq has nothing to do with terrorism. It has EVERYTHING to do with the war on terrorism.

"Don't say that the war in iraq has nothing to do with terrorism. It has EVERYTHING to do with the war on terrorism."

Just keep repeating that and maybe, just maybe somebody without a brain will believe you.

And how many more dead american citizens that just went to work in the morning do you want before we take a stand? How many more innocent americans have to die doing nothing to stop terrorism before you deem it is ok to act?

Fred...in case you forgot...we DID act. Afghanistan ring a bell. I was behind Bush 100% on that move. Then we got into Iraq. Whole different ball game.

They are over there fighting so that you can sit here and type whatever you want to. Iraq was supporting al-queida directly, with money and safe heavens to train, with intelligence and whatever else they could give them.

Don't you sit there and imply that because I don't support Bush's war that I don't support our troops. Perhaps you could be so kind as to cite information (preferably from a source other than Newsmax or Fox) that proves Iraq was supporting al queda...not some "six degrees of separation" of Abduhl from Baghdad meeting with Shamaz from Libya about the possiblity of getting nukes that they MIGHT give to al queda. how about some sort of proof that Iraq sponsored the 9/11 terror groups?

Don't say that the war in iraq has nothing to do with terrorism. It has EVERYTHING to do with the war on terrorism.

No, it has everything to do with a Texas Cowboy's chance to play Army.

KCFlyer said:
Perhaps you could be so kind as to cite information (preferably from a source other than Newsmax or Fox) that proves Iraq was supporting al queda...not some "six degrees of separation" of Abduhl from Baghdad meeting with Shamaz from Libya about the possiblity of getting nukes that they MIGHT give to al queda. how about some sort of proof that Iraq sponsored the 9/11 terror groups?
[post="177231"][/post]​

First, there was never the assertation that iraq directly supported the 9/11 attacks from the white house, nor have I ever try to assert that either, but since you asked for information about the connection between al-queida and iraq,

Here you go

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Publ...03/527uwabl.asp
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Publ...04/152lndzv.asp
http://www.techcentralstation.com/092503F.html
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20031201-123723-4738r.htm
http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/09/25/us.iraq.alqaeda/
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/calthom...t20040622.shtml

Please, please, please explain why we went after Sadaam but let Osama just slither away? Until Bush focuses on the absolutely, undeniable terrorist of 9/11, then I know he isn't the man to protect this country.

I would be, and was, behind him 150%when he went after Osama (as was the rest of the world)....but he lost focus of the REAL danger to this country to chase his pre-presidency dream to save his Daddy's honor.

Back