Teamsters false promise to open your contract

I really can't believe that the teamsters supporters are buying into that crap that they will reopen the contract. Even if we vote in AMFA, we'll have to live with what we have until it becomes amendable...

If that was the case then every time a bad contract passed there would be multiple changes in representation just to get a new contract. Has that happened? NO!
Pure horse hockey from the Teamsters and to the ones that believe it.

Reactions: 1 person
If that was the case then every time a bad contract passed there would be multiple changes in representation just to get a new contract. Has that happened? NO!
Pure horse hockey from the Teamsters and to the ones that believe it.

I have been saying this from day one. No union, no matter who it is, can force a company to re-open or open negos. Period. Even when a new union is voted in, this cannot happen. Now the union can "request" to open up the contract to changes after a new union represenative is voted in, but, here's the kicker, "the company must agree to open the contract." Yes this is, or should I say, was, all BS that the teamsters were trying to get the AA mechs to believe they could do this. They promiced it at UAL, NEVER happend. Now they were trying to promice it at AA, and it will never happen there either. The teamsters will say and do anything just to get cards signed, end of story...

Reactions: 2 people
There are many in Tulsa that believe everything the TWU, TEAMSTERS, OR AA MANAGEMENT, tells them

You amuse me so much Informer. Anyone in Tulsa knows AMFA would not serve our interests and be more aggressive at trying to discard us and with the Teamsters get ready for another pay cut, since they have a $500.00 initiation fee along with a dues increase so that would be money out of our pockets and the company would be on stand-by salivating to the thought of initiating 28b without argument.... :p

Oh, and I like your video of Seham since he points out the NMB and courts position on new representation....

Everyone has a right to their opinion I'm trying to figure out what you are saying about Past practice and the language of the contract. To me it seems like you are saying that even though we agreed to all these changes in the contract that the company cant impliment them because of past practice. Is that your opinion?

We have a tremendous amount of data to argue our points to slow the progression of implementation. This company has spent many man hours massaging us to what they expect us to be with programs such as QWL and the Working Together just to name a couple. The AMFA or the Teamsters have not been with us the past decade...

We have a tremendous amount of data to argue our points to slow the progression of implementation. This company has spent many man hours massaging us to what they expect us to be with programs such as QWL and the Working Together just to name a couple. The AMFA or the Teamsters have not been with us the past decade...

Your own post demonstrates the ignorance in the mental capacity to understand unionism.

WE ARE THE "UNION"! Or at least are suppose to be.

TWU, AMFA, TEMASTERS, regardless we are all still here.

You post as if the "union" is something other than ourselves.
Can you explain why?

Reactions: 3 people
Your own post demonstrates the ignorance in the mental capacity to understand unionism.

WE ARE THE "UNION"! Or at least are suppose to be.

TWU, AMFA, TEMASTERS, regardless we are all still here.

You post as if the "union" is something other than ourselves.
Can you explain why?

I'm plenty Union enough. You just can't handle it when I show you the bigger picture than you can ingest. Your video explains it all... :lol:

You amuse me so much Informer. Anyone in Tulsa knows AMFA would not serve our interests and be more aggressive at trying to discard us and with the Teamsters get ready for another pay cut, since they have a $500.00 initiation fee along with a dues increase so that would be money out of our pockets and the company would be on stand-by salivating to the thought of initiating 28b without argument.... :p

Oh, and I like your video of Seham since he points out the NMB and courts position on new representation....

HSS

You are correct to the fact about the cost of unions dues if the IBT comes to AA, since thier rate is 2.5 all in.
Versus AMFA's rate which is the same as the TWU's. But from what I have been told by both AMFA National and the IBT's National officers there will be NO initiation fees for AA mechanics.

Did you attend any of the IBT's meetings or any of the AMFA meetings at your station?

Did you ask that question or are you just repeating gosip from the floor?

During the IBT's meeting here in Miami Chris Moore from IBT national said no fee.
Amfa National as well said no fee.

Show or tell us where you got your info?

What other than concessions have you got from the TWU in what ever number of yrs here at AA?

What is your job title here at AA, do you have an A&P, if so do you exercise it?

We will see in the very near future just what the TWU does for the guys in Tulsa as AA contracts out more work as we add more and more aircraft to the fleet. What do you think is going to happen to T-Town when or if we merge with USAir?

Enough is enough it's time for the TWU to be removed.

AMFA at AA Sign a card and help is bring a new Union to AA...

Your last 2 sentences are right on. AA has indeed spent many man hours massaging the membership to what they exacally want. What you fail to include in the post is the fact that the TWU has "agreed" to this type of representation for not only the last decade, but for the last 3 decades, yes for more than 30 years of agreeing to concessions with the company and TWU.
You are also correct that the teamsters or AMFA has not been with you guys for the last decade, which in fact, have been your worst concessions time frame. If you guys did have the teamsters or AMFA during this time frame, I really believe the concessions would not have been as bad as they were. Notice I said either union. Anyone other than the TWU would have stood up for their membership alot more than the typical company union, the TWU did agreeing to full onslot of concessions they have been agreeing to for many decades. And as you say yourself, "the tremendous amount of data" has shown this for years upon years of the TWU representation at AA.

HSS

You are correct to the fact about the cost of unions dues if the IBT comes to AA, since thier rate is 2.5 all in.
Versus AMFA's rate which is the same as the TWU's. But from what I have been told by both AMFA National and the IBT's National officers there will be NO initiation fees for AA mechanics.

Did you attend any of the IBT's meetings or any of the AMFA meetings at your station?

During the IBT's meeting here in Miami Chris Moore from IBT national said no fee.

What other than concessions have you got from the TWU in what ever number of yrs here at AA?

What is your job title here at AA, do you have an A&P, if so do you exercise it?

We will see in the very near future just what the TWU does for the guys in Tulsa as AA contracts out more work as we add more and more aircraft to the fleet. What do you think is going to happen to T-Town when or if we merge with USAir?

Yes AMFA National has agreed to waive the initiation fees for the AA mechanics. Not sure if the IBT has agreed to this as well, but they may have, and I just haven't heard it until now.

HSS

T-Town will be just fine. We are the mothership of the grand scale. I'm an AMT and work in the capacity of Machinist (non A&P) for which I have done for over 30 years making airplanes. Your statement of Enough is Enough is the mantra here in Tulsa when it comes to AMFA. They are a dead stick here and have little to no support. Get involved in your union the TWU if you are so motivated and lets make some improvements...

T-Town will be just fine. We are the mothership of the grand scale. I'm an AMT and work in the capacity of Machinist (non A&P) for which I have done for over 30 years making airplanes. Your statement of Enough is Enough is the mantra here in Tulsa when it comes to AMFA. They are a dead stick here and have little to no support. Get involved in your union the TWU if you are so motivated and lets make some improvements...
I am hoping that a lot of the TWU support goes out with the buyout. You can use any excuse you want but the simple fact that every other employee at American Airlines (other work groups in our own union also) enjoy better benefits than AMTs do. This is a travesty and should have been fixed long ago. Instead it has been perpetuated by our own union. The international obviously doesn't see any problem with inferior benefits for AMTs but I and many others do. Basically they sold us out again. I voted no but I am just one vote.

I am hoping that a lot of the TWU support goes out with the buyout. You can use any excuse you want but the simple fact that every other employee at American Airlines (other work groups in our own union also) enjoy better benefits than AMTs do. This is a travesty and should have been fixed long ago. Instead it has been perpetuated by our own union. The international obviously doesn't see any problem with inferior benefits for AMTs but I and many others do. Basically they sold us out again. I voted no but I am just one vote.

Maybe you should get involved with your union the TWU if you are so motivated and address what troubles you? Just a thought after reading your post...

Maybe you should get involved with your union the TWU if you are so motivated and address what troubles you? Just a thought after reading your post...

Hey lowspeed,

I can save everyone a lot of time and trouble regarding getting involved with the twu.

When you try to get involved in the twu, they will tell you one of 4 things every time you make a suggestion.

1. They can do that brother.

2. You voted for it.

3. You are lucky to have a job.

4.and the famous " You are out of order, brother!"

That is as far as you can go to get anything changed regarding the twu.

Oldguy probably knows this already.