Teamsters false promise to open your contract

Maybe you should get involved with your union the TWU if you are so motivated and address what troubles you? Just a thought after reading your post...
I tried to get involved many years ago. It became obvious that the will of the international (or Ed Wilson) trumped the will of the membership.

Reactions: 1 person
Hey lowspeed,

I can save everyone a lot of time and trouble regarding getting involved with the twu.

When you try to get involved in the twu, they will tell you one of 4 things every time you make a suggestion.

1. They can do that brother.

2. You voted for it.

3. You are lucky to have a job.

4.and the famous " You are out of order, brother!"

That is as far as you can go to get anything changed regarding the twu.

Oldguy probably knows this already.

DN, Watch Informers video of Seham explaining the positions of the NMB and the courts regarding new representation. Then come back and explain how your "4 things" you have listed will change with new representation..... :huh:

DN, Watch Informers video of Seham explaining the positions of the NMB and the courts regarding new representation. Then come back and explain how your "4 things" you have listed will change with new representation..... :huh:

At least we would have different people saying the 4 things instead of the twu union bubbas.

That would be an improvement, especially if some of the twu bubbas actually had to go to work!

(the horror!)

Reactions: 2 people

It would change you moron. The membership would run the local meetings. Informers video tells the exact truth of what will happen when a new union represenative is voted in. The contract will not be opened or re-opened just because a new union is voted in. Twist it all you want, but the law is the law...

Reactions: 3 people
It would change you moron. The membership would run the local meetings. Informers video tells the exact truth of what will happen when a new union represenative is voted in. The contract will not be opened or re-opened just because a new union is voted in. Twist it all you want, but the law is the law...

Membership control of the Union is so far over his head that he cannot even dream or grasp the concept.

That one post says it all. Thanks Bob.

The ATDs plan, which they were trying to have jamed in place without a membership vote or any input from the people they elected would have just two AMTs on the next negotiating commite, and up to 11 Fleet Service Clerks.

Seems to me like some of these guys in the ATD simply hate AMTs.

Reactions: 2 people
The ATDs plan, which they were trying to have jamed in place without a membership vote or any input from the people they elected would have just two AMTs on the next negotiating commite, and up to 11 Fleet Service Clerks.

Seems to me like some of these guys in the ATD simply hate AMTs.

Well then why not ALL the AMT TWU Presidents resign and help us get AMFA?
There will be nothing but AMT's at negotations then.

Reactions: 1 person
Well then why not ALL the AMT TWU Presidents resign and help us get AMFA?
There will be nothing but AMT's at negotations then.

Yea but how do you get the Title II guys and the rest of the hold outs in Tulsa to sign?
Title II either show no interest in this union debate or are favoring the Teamsters.
I can not figure them out. They are skilled workers and do not care or want to join the Teamsters because?????????

Yea but how do you get the Title II guys and the rest of the hold outs in Tulsa to sign?
Title II either show no interest in this union debate or are favoring the Teamsters.
I can not figure them out. They are skilled workers and do not care or want to join the Teamsters because?????????

You would be suprised how many Tulsa AMT's respect Bob Owens and the others that provided information during the negotiations/raping. And they would follow them if asked.

1AA

The title II guys have been told either by the TWU or the IBT that if they help switch us here at AA to amfa that
when there is a layoff they will all be replaced by AMT's. At the airlines that in the past have had the IAM or the IBt they were all on the same date of hire seniority list. So NWA A/C mechanics bumped facilities and automotive.
SWA which was IBT has the same thing in place, so since they were AMFA or are the TWU/IBT has said thats what will happen to them if we switch. They are not telling them the up side to that at those carriers. That if a GSE or facilities
mechanic went and got his A&P and a lay off happened he/she could bump an A/C mechanic as well.

What they also have not been told is that AMFA will respect the contract that is in place. That any change would have to be voted on by the membership. And that here at AA we are in seperate title groups. Unless you had prior title group time you can't just bump another title group.

just like what we have here at AA that alot of us don't like but it's a fact that if a title I aircraft washer who gets his A&P and gets into A/C maintenance he uses all his title I time even though he has Zero a/c maintenance experience.
So you can be bumped off of day shift or loose you weekend to a guy who never worked on aircraft before.

Its a seniority thing. and with the date of hire seniority list that is the way the contract is written.

AMFA does not make the rules our contracts become ammedable and have been extended, AMFA has not written a contact, they have taken over from the IAM and IBT.

Sounds just like amfa. Make an excuse not to fight before you have to go to war. The Teamsters disagree and unlike amfa are unwilling to showcase excuses from a rented legal department.

http://www.youtube.c...&v=yrYvdYU8c5w#!

http://www.youtube.c...&v=yrYvdYU8c5w#!

http://www.youtube.c...YvdYU8c5w#at=84

We saw the Teamsters "fight before the war" at Hostess you fool.
Not only caved in on concessions but also crossed the Bakers Union picket lines.
SCAB BASTARDS

Your talk is easy and cheap, but what about the proven FACTS?