The 2011 Depression

Unemployment is down, corporate and consumer spending is up.

Where is the depression?

From our US Department of (propeganda) State​

"What Do Rising Food Prices Mean?"
http://go.usa.gov/gdC​

The United Nation's Food and Agricultural Organization
released figures this month showing that
global food prices have risen
41 percent since June

Reactions: 1 person
Who admits to being a fan of Rush.

It's like admitting to Oxycontin abuse and underage Dominican hookers.

Never understood that my self. Him, Oberman, O'Reilly are such hypocrites IMO. Limbaugh is the worst of the bunch. He condemns drug users and yet he is one. If I remember correctly he even recommended jail or some other such penalty for users yet ..... The only one I kind of like is Madow but even she is wearing thin for me.

And yes while the US economy is in shambles and getting worse, the ME is erupting in chaos our beloved leader is dancing in the streets....lovely.

Great post from the NYT:

Not my words...

Here's something I remember well about 1995 that no one anticipated-- US Consulates around the world shut down. Suddenly business was deeply affected because employees of international companies couldn't get visas to the US to conduct business. I remember happily explaining this to my Gingrich-admiring colleague who was upset when a huge project came to a halt because our subject expert was stuck in Germany. The client, a huge utility company, threatened to drop AND sue us. I remember our lawyer, very active in the repub party himself, saying, I think this is a detail the republicans overlooked--they think shutting down the government is suspending welfare and social security checks and they don't even realize it also shuts down services that enable businesses to operate.

Yes, young, new republicans won't even think of something like this, just as their predecessors didn't in 1995. This is the same party that is so anti-immigrant. Well, who do they think controls the borders? Surprise, it's not Haliburton. It's the federal government and its thousands of immigration officers. That was an ironic lesson back in 95 too.

And we have a much more turbulent world now than ever. These people need to grow up asap on the job and learn the full purpose and responsibilities of the government they represent. It was a global embarassment to our country back in 95. It could be much more dangerous .

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, point well served.....present Gov't wants amnesty for voter support and the other guys ask for rule of law.
What about all those in line forever wanting to be US citizens?
So Illegals should be afforded preferential status??
Get in line senor.
Screw them under OBAMA.

Reactions: 3 people
World's biggest bond fund dumps all U.S. debt...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-09/gross-drops-government-debt-from-pimco-s-flagship-fund-zero-hedge-reports.html​

Reactions: 4 people

Latest posts