The DOL files suit against the IAMPF and trustees

Rogallo said:

So, what is Buffenbarger going to get as retirement benefits after 18 years at the helm of the IAM?

Curious minds want to know.
Does he get any proceeds from from the actions mentioned in the lawsuit?

Traymark said:
Ok, I have a couple of questions:

1. What is schedule A and schedule B?
2. Are there any other schedules?
3. Why did one get cut and not the other/s?

Dam I'am having flashbacks, if the TWU folks are
forced in the IAMPF would we be considered C-scalers?
That is a joke btw to all you non LAA AMT's 

bob@las-AA said:
Prove it!

700UW said:
Arent you smart enough to find out for yourself?

But since your are not, here it is:

According to the latest LM2 on the DOL's web page, the IAM has total cash and assets of $171,382,931 and a total membership of 569,373.

According the latest LM2 on the DOL's web page the TWU has cash and assets of $100,568,737 and a total membership of 116,691.
Proved, but your silent on the facts, where are you bob?

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting the TWU has an 4 to 1 ratio of more in funds than the IAM per member

Pretty impressive by the TWU

Q: Will TWU members have a choice on picking to stay with a 401k and match instead
of the IAMNPF?

A: The TWU has agreed with the IAM that in joint negotiations it will support the preservation of the IAMNPF for IAM members and make it available as an option in negotiations to TWU members. However, having a 401k match either as a supplement (for everyone) or as an alternative to the IAMNPF (for TWU members) is also a goal in negotiations. Ultimately, the members will decide to approve or reject whatever is negotiated with the carrier.

http://www.iam141.org/docs/QAtwuiampart2.pdf

The way I read this and if someone thinks my interpretation is wrong. Our negotiators are obliged to support the IAMPF ONLY for members who are already active participants? I don't read any obligation that if the company says they only want to contribute to the IAMPF for all it has to be supported if a 401k match is not included (For TWU members)

What I'm saying is that I don't "think" any IAM leaders can "force" the IAMPF on us who are TWU represented?

OK well I didn't see the IAMPF in any of the language for Hawaiian airlines and when I look at both the agreements for AS the options for retirement were a choice between a 401k and something called an MRP Retirement program COPS?

I don't see any mention of the IAMPF? Is it possible that the IAMPF was asked for in negotiations and was turned down as an offer by the company? 

http://www.iamdl142.org/alaska-cops/

Latest posts