The Gun Control Issue:

So I pose the question to YOU (so far Insp4 and Bisquick haven't answered the question)....If 2016 were reversed and Hillary won the electoral vote but Trump won the popular vote, would you say "the electoral college is working exactly as our forefathers intended". It's really just a simple yes or no answer, but thus far, the defenders of the Electoral college have posted memes of what Hillary said. But they haven't said yes or no.

Think about that now...Hillary would have LOST the popular vote, but WON the electoral vote (the one that mattered). Tell me with a straight face that you wouldn't play identity politics and would accept that this is exactly what our forefathers created the EC for. And for the record - I still would NOT support the electoral college. It outlived it's usefulness once the western border of the United States was the Mississippi River.
K.C. I have a question for you! ...... Why is it after 240 years the electoral collage has worked well for us, all of a sudden after Hillary's lost, the democrats want to change it?

So I pose the question to YOU (so far Insp4 and Bisquick haven't answered the question)....If 2016 were reversed and Hillary won the electoral vote but Trump won the popular vote, would you say "the electoral college is working exactly as our forefathers intended". It's really just a simple yes or no answer, but thus far, the defenders of the Electoral college have posted memes of what Hillary said. But they haven't said yes or no.

Think about that now...Hillary would have LOST the popular vote, but WON the electoral vote (the one that mattered). Tell me with a straight face that you wouldn't play identity politics and would accept that this is exactly what our forefathers created the EC for. And for the record - I still would NOT support the electoral college. It outlived it's usefulness once the western border of the United States was the Mississippi River.

I already answered your question.

The electoral college exist so you don't have high population states dominating everyone else. Without it you have no Unity in the United States.

Show me you have a brain in your head and figure it out.

I already answered your question.

Show me you have a brain in your head and figure it out.

Okay. Great. Now...those 3 states that Insp4 was talking about provide 1/3 of the revenues to the federal government. More than the other 47 states, Puerto Rico and DC combined. Should that not account for anything? Especially since the states that tend to vote red also tend to take more of those revenues from the government.

Maybe we should create "the liberal states of America". Make them their own. The other 47 states might see their taxes go up without them, to cover the shortfall in the budget due to the lost revenues.

And FWIW, there were 13 states and the population was a lot less when the EC was created.

Good thing Cali raises that income since their debt ridden asses waste fed money left and right, like billions on the high speed rail that will never get built

Good thing Cali raises that income since their debt ridden asses waste fed money left and right, like billions on the high speed rail that will never get built
States Paying the Most Federal Taxes

Pays%20the%20most%20taxes.png

Okay. Great. Now...those 3 states that Insp4 was talking about provide 1/3 of the revenues to the federal government. More than the other 47 states, Puerto Rico and DC combined. Should that not account for anything? Especially since the states that tend to vote red also tend to take more of those revenues from the government.

Maybe we should create "the liberal states of America". Make them their own. The other 47 states might see their taxes go up without them, to cover the shortfall in the budget due to the lost revenues.

And FWIW, there were 13 states and the population was a lot less when the EC was created.
O.K. K.C. let's get practical and get your head out of your backside. O.K. what would it take to get reed of the electoral collage? A Constitutional Amendment? And what would that entail?....... A two thirds vote in both houses! And a 38 State ratification! ....... Now, reality check here! What are your chances?

I believe that's why the EC was created.......proportional representation across concentrated population areas vs sparsely populated areas.....equal voice.

But now it's a problem because Hillaryous lost.

Is it your intent to suggest that we should overhaul our voting system to favor those from affluent areas while suppressing the beliefs and values of everyone else?

Why don't we just go back to the days where only landowners could vote.

Screw all the strides woman and minorities have made in voting rights.

Idiot................

You know KCFlyer people are LEAVING Kommifornia for a variety of reasons. However all those reasons revolve around money. If Kommifornia is so great why are they seeing a population contraction?

Kommifornia has a spending problem, a history of wasting government money, and a talent for bankruptcy. That cannot be denied.

Growing up I was always taught it is not what you make but how much you spend. Someone making $50,000 and saving $2,000 a year is better off than someone making $100,000 dollars a year and spending $102,000.

I would like to know what fool voted this post a winner.

He is just as stupid as you are.

So what do taxes have to do with voting
I would like to know what fool voted this post a winner.

He is just as stupid as you are.
La, ever notice that when K.C. and the rest of the liberal's have no come back to a "discussion" they tend to change the subject? ,,,,,, Oh, by the way, California's population shrinkage has slowed, They're picking up illegals from Mexico, and Central America!

The voice of the lesser populated red states has been heard.
So what do taxes have to do with voting

La, ever notice that when K.C. and the rest of the liberal's have no come back to a "discussion" they tend to change the subject? ,,,,,, Oh, by the way, California's population shrinkage has slowed, They're picking up illegals from Mexico, and Central America!

Every night I pray that in the next election, the democrat wins the electoral vote and a republican wins the popular vote. I know I can count on the boards being quiet regarding the election.