Transport Workers and Machinist Union to Jointly Represent Ground Workers at the "New" American Airl

• Banned
According to NMB rules you can not have two unions on the floor representing the same group with the same CBA. Who enforces the CBA? IAM or TWU?
When we become single carrier status you have to have one CBA. So how can two unions enforce one group and one CBA?
Show us?

Since 2005 that has been happening at US with the CWA representing the East CSA and RES and the IBT representing West CSA and RES, dividing line I believe is the Mississippi.

These unions better quit signing things or neither one will be around for long. The vote that will b conducted by the nmb will be a thumbs up or thumbs down by the membership. Im surprised the association asked the nmb and not the american arb assoc. I cant imagine many amt or fsc voting for this when the only declaration to date is the expansion of the nasty iam pension fund

no , I don't think i'm liking this ..... if I here in PHX have to pay more in union dues than say someone who's working in a TWU station then that's not fair to me ..........

the entire network is going to need to pay the same amount in union dues , regardless if your TWU or IAM ...

Our dues under the TWU at AA are 2x our base pay per month.
If my base pay is $10.00 per hour then my dues will be $20.00 per month.
What are your union dues at USAir?

Our dues under the TWU at AA are 2x our base pay per month.
If my base pay is $10.00 per hour then my dues will be $20.00 per month.
What are your union dues at USAir?
union dues at usairways are usually around $60. Phl is around $70.
Part timers and new hires making $9 buck an hour pay the same as anyone else. If the cunsumer price index goes up then the intl raises the dues that much more since increases are based on cpi which goes up every damn year. regards,

• Banned
Dues are set by each local in the IAM, for example in CLT its two times the hourly weighted wage per classification.

And for those making under a certain amount per hour can be granted special dispensation, when I was RS of 1725, it was for anyone making $12 an hour or less.

If you are under the same CBA, your wages are the same, so dues would basically be the same.

Educate yourself freedom, instead of shooting off at the hip looking foolish.

• Banned
Guess you will have to ask the IAM, TWU and the NMB that.

Dues are set by each local in the IAM, for example in CLT its two times the hourly weighted wage per classification.

And for those making under a certain amount per hour can be granted special dispensation, when I was RS of 1725, it was for anyone making $12 an hour or less.

If you are under the same CBA, your wages are the same, so dues would basically be the same.

why dont you quit misleading just for one time??? You know damn well that there is no more special dispensatio for those who are barely scrapping by. regards

• Banned
Go ask Will Cashion about it.

Special dispensation was granted for anyone under $12 when I was RS at 1725, why are you lying Tim?

Each local has to vote on it in their bylaws and then send it off to the Grand Lodge for approval.

Ask Bill Wise, also, anyone who has been in leadership at 1725 will tell you we use to have it, it was in LL 1725's bylaws.

I think the iam blew it with this as my hunch is that the ibt will really stir up this goofy alliance. These unions are so stupid as the iam just circled the main topic of any ibt election. In organizing drives it is completly foolish for the incumbant to create some dopey uncertain variable in the future that is subject to anyones interpretation. regards

What do ZW workers pay? Less than mainline US?

Josh

Which district lodge will take part in the alliance? Will both 141 (for fleet service) and 142 (M&R) be in the alliance?

Josh

• Banned
Dues are set by the IAM constitution, there are several methods that can be used, each local local per their bylaws which are voted on by the membership set it.

The most widely used method is two times the weighted hourly wage per classification per collective bargaining agreement.

141 will still handle US fleet and 142 will still handle US M&R.

When will we see a video from Ira and Sito calling this "unprecedented" and "monumental"?

How much goes to Grand Lodge? District Lodge? Local Lodge?

So is basically what will happen is the TWU will still collect from AA and IAM will from US? Will AA members covered under this agreement be TWU members? Kevin said this will be disaster, did you see Bob's post about this?

Pretty Pathetic.

If neither of them had the balls to put it to a runoff then if anything they should have said "Ok, you take M&R and we will take Fleet".

Unions are supposed to unite workers of common interests not split them up.

My guess is that since they can no longer blame the Presidents council, and in two more years they wont be able to blame Tulsa, now they will blame the IAM. "Hey its not our fault the deal sucks, we would have fought for more but the IAM guys didnt want to fight" (and the IAM will be telling their guys that the TWU guys didnt want to fight).

If they arent willing to fight for us (to get us) why should we believe they will fight "for us" (against the comapny, government etc)?

What did Abe Lincoln say about a house divided?

This is an insane, cowardly plan. What it comes down to is the leaders of both these organizations realize that they have done such a lousy job representing their members that if they put it to a vote there is a good chance both would lose. Clearly this isnt about the members, its about the dues.

Josh

Back