Transport Workers and Machinist Union to Jointly Represent Ground Workers at the "New" American Airl

Glad to see your obsession comes to light once again.

I was an airline employee, I represented and negotiated for mechanic and related.

More than you can say about yourself now can you?

You seem to be fixated on me and not the issues at hand, this is about the IAM and TWU alliance, not me now is it?

You dont even know who McCormick was?

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2004-06-03/labors-outside-man

Labor leaders typically follow the same arc in their careers, starting with an entry-level job at a unionized shop, rising to a union post at the local and district levels, and then, finally, winning election to the national presidency. Not Kevin McCormick. He operates one of today's fastest-growing unions, the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Assn. (AMFA), yet he had never previously even been in a union. Not only that, he works as an outside contractor.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CEwQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.goiam.org%2Fpublications%2F2005fall%2Famfa.pdf&ei=erWbUZXGJsT54AO6kYGIAg&usg=AFQjCNFDCAA7sHBtknagdbydAz8CMzK5RA&sig2=zVQ-Yf6g2LNBBvDvBkHDLQ&bvm=bv.46751780,bs.1,d.dmg&cad=rja

The role of the McCormick Advisory Group, a real estate agency operated by Kevin McCormick in Laconia, New Hampshire, has also been attacked by AMFA opponents. They have pointed to the role of McCormick Advisory in funding AMFA's early activities and collecting over one million dollars annually in vague services rendered to the union. AMFA's national office is also quartered with that of the McCormick Advisory Group in Laconia. Notably, AMFA's sister union, the Professional Flight Attendant's Association (PFAA) recently rid themselves of McCormick over fears of corruption.

http://encycl.opentopia.com/term/Aircraft_Mechanics_Fraternal_Association

Gee how come there was no membership vote to make him the National Administrator, he wasnt an airline mechanic, nor never worked for an airline nor was ever a union member, yet he made millions from AMFA.

Can anyone name an airline where the IAM-represented mechanics and related make anywhere near as much money as the mechanics at UPS or Southwest? No?

Game, Set, Match.

Stick with industrial unions and you'll continue to make less. And on top of that expensive indignity, you'll be dissatisfied with the lack of transparency and lack of accountability of your union leaders.

700UW

As you have said to others as well as me, this board is for anyone to post what they feel.

I feel you are posting here just to hear your self, pound your chest as to what you believe you did during your career as a stock clerk for the IAM.

If you were talking about the class and craft of stock clerks I would have nothing to say to you. But you continue to
put your two cents into my battle here at AA for the Union we MECHANICS want to replace the TWU.

You post about how bad amfa is/was and what ever mistakes they made but you were NOT a NWA employee
NOT a UAL employee.

Maybe a F/A at CAL and a stock clerk at USAir.

If you want us to not continue to ask you about you. Then don't bring up your junk and the IAm or anything that you know nothing about here at AA.

You are NOT a mechanic/aka facilities/automotive/plant maintenance
You are NOT an airline employee
Not an A&P
NOT a TWU member
Not an AA employee

You are some one who has nothing better to do with your time than sit at your keyboard and post about AA
and what we as employees should consider in this merger and what union we should have.
Telling us how great the IAM is what you did as an IAM represented employee.

You seem to be in every thread telling everyone all you think you know because you just google it.

AMFA at AA in 2013

Reactions: 1 person
I have represented and negotiated for mechanics.

And yes back I did work for UA before I went to work for Piedmont.

How many times do you have to be told, up until after the merger at US stores was part of the mechanic and related class and craft and they are still on the same CBA.

I have represented and negotiated for mechanics.

And yes back I did work for UA before I went to work for Piedmont.

How many times do you have to be told, up until after the merger at US stores was part of the mechanic and related class and craft and they are still on the same CBA.

700UW

AS I have told YOU what ever is at USAir is there what is at AA is another story.

The NMB does not include stores in the class and craft of M&R.
AMFA will not represent stores clerks or ramp employees.
What group the TWU or IAM put the stores into if we change to AMFA they(stores will not be included.)

You may of been a shop rep/steward what ever it was called at you places of employment.
Maybe represented mechanics duing that time, but I know few AMT's now who would go to a stores clerk
unless no other stewards were around. Just for the reason you/they know nothing about about past practices or what
my job classification is.

You are so good at google well go to the NMB and check and them as I said ask the AMFA national?

When you get the answers I asked for then you will understand.

So get back to your google search...

AMFA at AA in 2013

amfainmiami or 1aa when do you folks at aa m&r expect the union to file with the nmb and what are the next steps after that

good luck in your quest

amfainmiami or 1aa when do you folks at aa m&r expect the union to file with the nmb and what are the next steps after that

good luck in your quest

The Filing will be in a matter of a few weeks the latest. After that the NMB goes through the verification process. AA and the TWU will provide a list of eligible employees. As we expect the Company and union will work hand in hand to include everyone they can think of to that list. When all the bickering is over on the inflated list then AA will provide verification of employment and signatures. The number of cards vs the eligibility list will be determined and we should have well over 50%. Then a vote is called. Ballots get sent out and then after about a month the tally will be in and we should have AMFA on the property. My take is by August all will be said and done. But I expect the TWU to pull some shenanigans in conjunction with the company to delay the vote. Will they succeed in delaying the process? I hope not but we will know for sure in a few months.

Now if you ask 700 he may give you a totally different scenario.
After all he hates AMFA and AMT's with a passion.

Thanks 1aa i knew the process was long but not sure of the steps but good luck to you and all your m r folks so basically by the time the govt approves the merger is when the maintaince related would be amfa

Now if you ask 700 he may give you a totally different scenario.
After all he hates AMFA and AMT's with a passion.
Keep making it about me.

I dont hate AMTs, I have many good friends that are aircraft mechanics and I dont hate amfa, so try a new attack upon me.

Robbed it is always the same path.

Keep making it about me.

I dont hate AMTs, I have many good friends that are aircraft mechanics and I dont hate amfa, so try a new attack upon me.

Robbed it is always the same path.

No attacks, I am responding to the direction you are taking in demoralizing AMFA and the AMT's or maybe you have something against Class and Craft Unions. Your posts says it all. Have a nice day.

Reactions: 2 people
No attacks, I am responding to the direction you are taking in demoralizing AMFA and the AMT's or maybe you have something against Class and Craft Unions. Your posts says it all. Have a nice day.

1AA

700UW thinks he can be here on AA thread say anything he wants truth or Not, about AMFA, tell everyone that the IAM is the greatest. AMT's don't realize what we want or who will represent us and those of us here are just going to let him and his industrial thinking get away with it.

He is good at google search, can tell you about everything because he has been there done that. From the stock market, to aircraft purchase, pensions negotiations, contracted work, how AA should run its operation, he is just a vast well of knowledge.

But as we here all can see...

is NOT

an AA employee
Not an A&P
Never been TWU
Never been AMFA
Not a Mechanic
Not even in the industry any longer

He is though an authority on what we at AA should do.
X IAM stock clerk
Good note taker
good at copy machine
good at distribution of IAM info

And the best is that he won a multi million law suit against an airline, with out ever being
on the payroll of the IAM in any national or executive position collecting only his stock clerk wages.

1AA I am glad some one else noticed his industril way of thinking and told him so.

AMFA at AA in 2013

Dont put words into my posts, learn how to post properly.

How many times do I have to tell you, the association wont have any members?

You will either be a member of the TWU or IAM.

You really need to learn what this is all about.

700, It tells me right here in Article II section 1 who the association members are!!

http://twu514.org/files/2013/05/Mechanic-and-Related-Association-Agreement.pdf

And it should make anyone vote AMFA!!

700, It tells me right here in Article II section 1 who the association members are!!

http://twu514.org/fi...n-Agreement.pdf

And it should make anyone vote AMFA!!

2ndGENAMT

It also says that the IAM and the TWU will designate reps to serve on the associations committee.

At least with AMFA that cant happen since positions are voted on by the members not controled by the intl's
boot lickers.

Oh and did you just prove 700 wrong. he is going to take it as your picking on him. Maybe he needs to learn what it's all about.

MECHANICS AT AA

AMFA at AA in 2013