Transport Workers and Machinist Union to Jointly Represent Ground Workers at the "New" American Airl

Do you really think that if the shoe was on the other foot AMFA would have backed the IAM at NWA? I sincerely doubt it. Lets face it AMFA was out maneuvered and fell on its own sword. So stop crying that the IAM members went to work like they were contractually obligated. You all will have a vote to accept or decline the IAM/TWU pact if it comes to that or sign a card and vote in your Union of choice. Just watch out for the hanging chads!

Do you really think that if the shoe was on the other foot AMFA would have backed the IAM at NWA? I sincerely doubt it. Lets face it AMFA was out maneuvered and fell on its own sword. So stop crying that the IAM members went to work like they were contractually obligated. You all will have a vote to accept or decline the IAM/TWU pact if it comes to that or sign a card and vote in your Union of choice. Just watch out for the hanging chads!

I will tell you this for sure. AMFA's National officers would have never flown on a struck carrier. AMFA's local officers would have never flown a struck carrier. And the founder of AMFA would have never flown a struck carrier. As far as the people of the union I don't know as I am not there to get feedback...

• Banned
Remember the letter AMFA put out telling NW to take more from the other unionized employees instead of them?

Remember the letter AMFA put out telling NW to take more from the other unionized employees instead of them?

NO, why don't you find it and post a reliable link or source for us to read.

If there is a letter, I am sure 700 is taking it out of context. After all 700 was the guy who said that the iam was wrong for doing the AMFA work at NW and then he tried to lie to everybody about it. A scab is a scab no matter how you look at it. The iam,twu or ibt they are all the same.

It happened, but all I can find is Robert Roach's response to it. Gonna try and wade farther off into the interwebs to find it...

In the meantime, this is a quote from a striking AMFA member at LGA referring to employees represented by other unions: Said Yubian, “union members are supporting us, even if the union does not.”

Please read and re-read those words as necessary.

Article is here, if interested: http://www.labornotes.org/2005/07/northwest-mechanics-strike-against-deep-paybenefit-cuts-layoffs-outsourcing

It happened, but all I can find is Robert Roach's response to it. Gonna try and wade farther off into the interwebs to find it...

In the meantime, this is a quote from a striking AMFA member at LGA referring to employees represented by other unions: Said Yubian, “union members are supporting us, even if the union does not.”

Please read and re-read those words as necessary.

Article is here, if interested: http://www.labornote...ffs-outsourcing

Kev, you keep saying here you aren't a fan of Roach but not because he started his career at TWA. Why do dislike Roach? The jury is still out on Sito but based on the UA T/A and US negotiations it doesn't seem his leadership has been particularly effective.

Josh

This actually happened and was passed along by an AMT who left AA to go to US Air about 25 years ago: At the IAM union hall all new hires were lined up and told if they had not been a member of a union they would have to pay a $75 initiation fee. As the people gave them unions like Teamsters, UAW and the like the fee was waived. When R--- T---- told them he had been a member of the TWU they didn't know who that was. When he said it was American Airlines he was forced to pay the fee.......... Now the IAM and TWU are slobbering all over each other. I guess the IAM recognizes the TWU as a union now huh? Funny what a difference 25 years makes.

Kev, you keep saying here you aren't a fan of Roach but not because he started his career at TWA. Why do dislike Roach? The jury is still out on Sito but based on the UA T/A and US negotiations it doesn't seem his leadership has been particularly effective.

Josh
I once met Roach in person before the AMFA came to be at NWA. I was not impressed. His office at the Crystal Palace was impressive though.

Josh

I guess I could reductively describe him as "all hat and no cattle."

Also, his actions remind me of the time and place labor needs to leave behind if it's going to be rebuilt.

I once met Roach in person before the AMFA came to be at NWA. I was not impressed. His office at the Crystal Palace was impressive though.
This is yet another waste of the members dues. I bet each and every local officer has his very own office don't they? I can tell you all our local officers are all in one open room, each with their own desk and work area, but they do not have, nor do they need, individual private offices for each officer. Just a waste of funds...

• Banned
The Headquarters building was paid off before it was even built, the sale of the old building in DC paid for the new on in Upper Marlboro, MD, the IAM represents says it has 700,000 members including retirees, the building is needed. They dont outsource their function and pay Kevin McCormick hundreds of thousands of dollars like amfa did with NW.

Every major union has a national headquarters.

Funny McCormick wasnt a mechanic, nor an airline employee yet he signed the NW/AMFA CBA?

Every union has a national headquarters.

Funny McCormick wasnt a mechanic, nor an airline employee yet he signed the NW/AMFA CBA?

700UW

What's even more funny is that YOU are

NOT a mechanic
NOT an airline employee
NOT a TWU member
NOT an AA employee

Yet you continue to put down AMFA, because you're ate up with the IAM.
Even though your NOT affiliated with them any more.

You still put your two cents into some thing you have or will never live.

USAir will be better severd with your IAM chest pounding since they are under attack by the IBT.

What have you found out about as far as who AMFA will represent?

So I can see that you also know all about headquarters buildings to everything your are so knowledgable about.

Any more threads get started I assume you will show us what you know for a fact about what ever subject.

Oh and since McCormick signed the contract was he an AMFA member? Y or N ?

Was he on the Negotiation Team? Y or N ?

Since you claim to on the Negotiation team, IS YOUR name any where on the contract you Negotiated? Y or N?

If so show us your name as part of that team?

That's right you were just so busy taking notes, making copies, and handling distribution.

AMFA at AA in 2013​

I asked 700 earlier why he hates AMFA and AMT's.

Still waiting for a honest credible response.

Back