Trump Tax Cuts

Look...I know there are people who play the system. That's life. But if one person abuses the system, do we cancel EVERYTHING for EVERYBODY? I mean, if a contractor bills the government $1,000 for a rivet on a fighter plane, should we just cut the program entirely?
No, put people in government who will spend our taxes wisely. Spend on what is good for the country not just to get them reelected. They may be tough to find but that should be our goal.

No, put people in government who will spend our taxes wisely. Spend on what is good for the country not just to get them reelected. They may be tough to find but that should be our goal.
But you DO realize that cuts both ways? Yes...we need to spend taxes wisely and not fund freeloaders. But is it a wise use of tax money to grow a military that is already larger than then next 8 countries combined? To many conservatives, we spend too much feeding hungry babies and not enough building bombs. Spending is spending - regardless of what the money is spent on.

Look...I know there are people who play the system. That's life. But if one person abuses the system, do we cancel EVERYTHING for EVERYBODY? I mean, if a contractor bills the government $1,000 for a rivet on a fighter plane, should we just cut the program entirely?
It is not one person.

It is a widespread problem and it needs to be addressed.

Don't trivialize the problem and don't act like Democrats don't use "entitlement" programs to procure votes.

Don't you think you should wait until he's sworn in as President before you go off on a tangent?

He said he wouldn't go after HC...but also mentioned he wouldn't mess with ongoing FBI investigations.

He said just last week about putting a wall up plus other means along the border where necessary.

You have high and immediate expectations for a man who is not in charge at the moment.

Trust me. I have NO expectations of Donald Trump other than he will open his mouth only to change feet. No, I'm just pointing out what he said to get elected vs. what he's saying now. He's not even been sworn in yet, but now he's modifying, changing, or eliminating the promises he made to get elected.

1. The wall for instance. He NEVER qualified or modified his Wall promise during the campaign to include the phrase, "where necessary." He said it would be a complete wall including going down into the ground for (IIRC) 9 feet so "they" couldn't dig under it. Now, it's "where necessary." And, he still hasn't said how he's going to get Mexico to pay for it.

2. He said during the last debate to Hillary, "if I'm elected President, I'll appoint a special prosecutor to put you in jail."

3. He promised to repeal the ACA. Wasn't that one of his "first 100 days promises?" Now he's saying he's going to "keep the good parts." During the campaign, he didn't mention anything about the good parts of ACA.

All of a sudden the Tweet Master (and don't you really think that's an inappropriate tool for the "leader of the Western World") is pulling back on several of his promises. Remember some of these were to be accomplished in the first 100 days--like repealing ACA. Let's see how well he bullies Congress into jeopardizing their seats in the next election. There are any number of people who can't stand Hillary or the Democratic Party that do NOT want Momma and Daddy living with them in their retirement. ACA, Medicare, and Social Security being reduced/eliminated means the guest bedroom will be occupied full-time by elderly relatives. Just like the good ole days that you all seem to long for. Ah yes. The good ole days. Formerly known as these trying times in which we live.

Last edited:
Keep lowering your expectations.

But, I don't think he (or anyone, for that matter) is capable of lowering their expectations sufficiently to the point where when all is said and done they will still be happy with President Trump.

I can hardly wait until the 2020 election when all the Republican candidates for President (and, unlike in the past I expect there to be Republican opponents to President Trump's attempt to be re-elected) are going to be saying the things that us 'tards are saying now--like broken promises, unrealistic goals, foreign relations screw ups (as Delldude pointed out, he hasn't even taken office yet. But, he's already managed to piss off the leaders of the world's largest country, China.)

Last edited:
I like you and your political predictions.....stick with the day job, Jim.

jimntx, Oct 10, 2016 For those of you who thought Donald was a star, why don't we suspend discussion until Nov. 9th. Then we'll see how well the Donald did. Delldude, I am deeply disappointed in the fact that you thought Donald "hammered" Hillary on Bill's behavior. That's so intellectually dishonest, it's breathtaking. Bill cheated on Hillary, but Hillary forgave him and stayed with him. Donald cheated on every single one of his wives, but he LEFT them. Oh, one other thing, Bill's not running for President of the United States. His behavior is not really an issue this time around except to people who are scrambling around trying to find a justification for the Donald. As Steve Schmidt, the former political strategist for John McCain said on Meet the Press yesterday, "Donald Trump is the embodiment of the intellectual rot that has overtaken the Republican Party."

President Trump will do fine.
Part of this countries problem is we've been doing it the same way since the sixties.
Times have changed and we need flexibility.
Go look at the age of members of both houses.
That senile grandpa in the rocking chair is running this country.

I like you and your political predictions.....stick with the day job, Jim.

President Trump will do fine.
Part of this countries problem is we've been doing it the same way since the sixties.
Times have changed and we need flexibility.
Go look at the age of members of both houses.
That senile grandpa in the rocking chair is running this country.

I do not believe that President Trump will do fine. He will not destroy the country because
Federal law and the Constitution stand between him and some of his promises. But, that is not "doing fine." And, as I've pointed out before if we can survive Calvin Coolidge who was the most boring man ever to walk this planet, we can survive Mr. Trump.

On the rest of your post...right on brother. However, people keep re-electing the same people to Congress expecting them to do something different. Hell, since McConnell and company have been focused for the last 8 years on making Obama a one-term President (they did not succeed), I would be happy if they did ANYTHING in the next Congress.

I have always been opposed to term limits because when you turn the losers out, the good ones go with them. Also, I'm a firm believer in people get the government they deserve by not voting or simply reelecting the guys that are already there. My mind may be changing (out of desperation) about term limits. LOL

Reactions: Glenn Quagmire
I do not believe that President Trump will do fine. He will not destroy the country because
Federal law and the Constitution stand between him and some of his promises. But, that is not "doing fine." And, as I've pointed out before if we can survive Calvin Coolidge who was the most boring man ever to walk this planet, we can survive Mr. Trump.

On the rest of your post...right on brother. However, people keep re-electing the same people to Congress expecting them to do something different. Hell, since McConnell and company have been focused for the last 8 years on making Obama a one-term President (they did not succeed), I would be happy if they did ANYTHING in the next Congress.

I have always been opposed to term limits because when you turn the losers out, the good ones go with them. Also, I'm a firm believer in people get the government they deserve by not voting or simply reelecting the guys that are already there. My mind may be changing (out of desperation) about term limits. LOL

our last prez pic did a lot of anti-COTUS actions.....where was the outrage from the left?

Same OLD people.....do a wiki search and see what the ages are in both houses.....you will be surprised.

That is how taxation works in a representative republic democracy. If you don't like how the representatives spend it, you change them.
I would like to change them and have more responsible politicians. In other words, have them spend our money like it was their own.

right now if you give them 2 billion to do a project and in reality it could be done for 1 billion they would still spend the 2 billion and then some. There doesn't seem to be a sense to try and save money (both Repubs and Dems). I say don't give them so much to spend. Let them know there is not an endless supply of money..

Latest posts