TUL mechs

xUT said:
I doubt it.
Building a test cell costs millions and leaving the property is subject to EPA scrutiny.
Some things are portable, a test cell is not.
JMHO, if they get rid of TASEL, it will more than likely be sold and AA engine repair/overhaul will be outsourced to RR or or one of their affiliates.

Good Luck Guys N' Gals!
B) Shooting
We have test cells here that currently and the ones used for JT-8 engines will not be needed in a few years.  I would imagine the cost of converting these so they can run RB211s would not be too cost prohibitive.

IORFA said:
After talking to 2 different Compass crews. I have learned that they were told by AA that the new E175's are going to be based in LA. They seem to be under the impression that all 20 of them will be based there out of the "nest". Even making all Eagle flights in LA on Compass E175's seems like some expansion is coming. They start in February supposedly. That seems to me that there should be some announcements pretty soon. Any thoughts? Mark?
Pretty sure CP also has a LAX base for DL. Would probably be the cheapest option if AA wants E75s at LAX. 

OldGuy@AA said:
The word is that AA is considering moving the operation to Tulsa.  Honestly this would make sense so the chances of it happening are slim.
I don't think any of the cells at TULE can handle a T800. 

but I don't work for AA so maybe TULE does have a 95K test cell. 

DNTULSA said:
Is it true that TASEL only overhauls RB-211's?
they do Trent 800s too. Delta sends its T800s to TASEL

OldGuy@AA said:
We have test cells here that currently and the ones used for JT-8 engines will not be needed in a few years.  I would imagine the cost of converting these so they can run RB211s would not be too cost prohibitive.
the 211 might not be the problem (The two JT8D/CF34-3 test cells Delta has can't even run a CFM56 or even the CF34-8 much less a PW2000 or RB211) but the Trent 800s probably will be. 

Unless TULE has a 95K test cell then it would probably mean a new cell would have to be built. 

I noticed AA is looking for TAESL engineer. Plus wouldn't rolls Royce have something to say about TAESL moving to TUL ?

I guess the real question is, does the rolls Royce TAESL COO's wife want to live in dfw area or tulsa ?

We can all have valid points and thought out reasoning but the final decision probably rests with her.

topDawg said:
Pretty sure CP also has a LAX base for DL. Would probably be the cheapest option if AA wants E75s at LAX. 

I don't think any of the cells at TULE can handle a T800. 

but I don't work for AA so maybe TULE does have a 95K test cell. 

they do Trent 800s too. Delta sends its T800s to TASEL

the 211 might not be the problem (The two JT8D/CF34-3 test cells Delta has can't even run a CFM56 or even the CF34-8 much less a PW2000 or RB211) but the Trent 800s probably will be. 

Unless TULE has a 95K test cell then it would probably mean a new cell would have to be built.

There was funding in the 2012 Tulsa Vision 2 plan for a state of the art Test Cell but the voters were tired of the extortion by AA and the city leaders!!

With all the arrivals of the new aircraft, and the phasing out of the old, what have you guys heard from the Company and or TWU with regards to future checks being done in Tulsa or has that work been scheduled to be outsourced.

Just what does the transfer list look like to get out before the cut backs if any are scheduled?

Of all the now Maintenance Facilities we (AA) have with US which of these stations do you think AA is going to keep open?

There is CLT- PHX -TUL- PHL to name the bigger ones. What work can be done at any or all of these and has the TWU told you the Tulsa Mechanics which they feel is going to cost effective to maintain, and keep as a Future Maint. Base.

737, Airbus, 321-320-319, 777, and soon the 787, Gone will be the older 757, the 767-300, and the MD-80's.

What is the mood in Tulsa with the TWU's and AA future Plan?

AMFAinMIAMI said:
With all the arrivals of the new aircraft, and the phasing out of the old, what have you guys heard from the Company and or TWU with regards to future checks being done in Tulsa or has that work been scheduled to be outsourced.

Just what does the transfer list look like to get out before the cut backs if any are scheduled?

Of all the now Maintenance Facilities we (AA) have with US which of these stations do you think AA is going to keep open?

There is CLT- PHX -TUL- PHL to name the bigger ones. What work can be done at any or all of these and has the TWU told you the Tulsa Mechanics which they feel is going to cost effective to maintain, and keep as a Future Maint. Base.

737, Airbus, 321-320-319, 777, and soon the 787, Gone will be the older 757, the 767-300, and the MD-80's.

What is the mood in Tulsa with the TWU's and AA future Plan?
The answer to these questions will be addressed once SOC is in effect.

PMUS does heavy maintenance at CLT and PIT. PHX does C-checks and some mode. PHL's hangars does ETOPS program for the widebodies and CLT's line hangar does engine changes and handles OTS aircraft that cant be fixed at the gate and some airbus c-checks. CLT PIT and PHX are protected stations.

700UW said:
PMUS does heavy maintenance at CLT and PIT. PHX does C-checks and some mode. PHL's hangars does ETOPS program for the widebodies and CLT's line hangar does engine changes and handles OTS aircraft that cant be fixed at the gate and some airbus c-checks. CLT PIT and PHX are protected stations.

These stations are protected until when the end of time? lol?

When the merger takes place and a JCBA is then negotiated these stations along with some of AA's will not be what they are today. From a business standpoint it will not be economical to keep all these base stations open doing the same type of work when it can be done some where else. Outsourced or sent to another station...

But I am Glad to see some one who is no longer affiliated with the IAM or USAirways or even an airline employee make such a bold statements. And before you say I have a crystal ball the reduction of Tulsa and the closing of AFW, are just the beginning of what AA has in store for the MAINTENANCE Work group. AA did away with system protection and station protection with AA so Little Ole US is going to change the way AA does business. Doubt it....

They are protected until if and when it would change in the JCBA.

But you cant be that ignorant to understand that?

And TUL is only protected for two years.

So as long as there isnt a JCBA that changes the status of CLT, PHX and PIT they are protected.

Too hard to understand or is the sun in MIA too strong and beating on  your head too much?

And what prediction did I make?

I made a factual statement, on the PMUS side those stations are protected, how is that a prediction?

You cant debate with facts so you make up crap and attack the poster.

No wonder why you are online begging for cards, you cant even figure out that a slim minority of PMAA and PMUS mechanics read this forum.

And you arent dealing with the same management that you had in Chapter 11, you now have the PMUS side in control.  Guess you cant understand that fact either, and the fact the AA has brought back in the 757 and 767 under PMUS executive control of the New AA after they were outsourced under your old regime.

Keep begging.

Base maintenance locations will have to be a major topic for future JCBA negotiations. I don't see JCBA starting soon though. From the tone of the letters from Peterson, Klima, and Lombardo even if we get the Association in place the IAM and TWU need to be working towards the same goal.

Until that time the two contracts are separate and so is the work on them for the most part.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

These stations are protected until when the end of time? lol?

When the merger takes place and a JCBA is then negotiated these stations along with some of AA's will not be what they are today. From a business standpoint it will not be economical to keep all these base stations open doing the same type of work when it can be done some where else. Outsourced or sent to another station...

But I am Glad to see some one who is no longer affiliated with the IAM or USAirways or even an airline employee make such a bold statements. And before you say I have a crystal ball the reduction of Tulsa and the closing of AFW, are just the beginning of what AA has in store for the MAINTENANCE Work group. AA did away with system protection and station protection with AA so Little Ole US is going to change the way AA does business. Doubt it....
Sigh, I remember when AFW was red circled and protected.

texasreb said:
Sigh, I remember when AFW was red circled and protected.

Red circled and protected during a bump and roll for layoff, this was done by the TWU?

AFW is closed now so the red circle was just for that one time deal?

AA made the decision to close the base why? The TWU could not stop it now could they?

That was my point if any stations will be closed the IAM and TWU won't be able to stop it.
It's all about the money, just like our BK was. 

The TWU/IAM may save the jobs with a follow the work type of deal since by the time we get a JCBA many of us will be of retirement age and be leaving. That is from both AA/US.

700UW is insinuating that AA can't do what it wants and the IAM will rule in any base closures? Do you believe that? The TWU has been here forever and the new comer the IAM with less than Half of the TWU members is going to win over the Almighty AA.?

The IAM was just able to get a match of our contract wage wise after how long in negotiations? 

sigh on that.

Back