TWU and IAM representation alliance vote

Will you vote in a TWU and IAM representation alliance? (A/C maint. only)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
comatose said:

The key word is TRY.

Both the TWU and IAM  "have tried" to negotiate......maybe not for their membership but their self serving union leadership.

It's very bitter saying leadership. The International's leadership is anything but leaders.

Ask yourself one question......just one.

1. Has the TWU or IAM brought any thing back to the membership(in recent memory) worth warranting keeping the TWU or IAM?

I can recall several items both have brought back warranting their departure.
People like you wear horse blinders. The entire major Airline industry in the US went through bankruptcy since deregulation. Some went out of business and there planes and routes were gobbled up, and the last of the bunch all merged to survive to be where we finally are today. Is it just convenient to ignore that reality? Low cost airlines, jet fuel, fares that were too low to turn a profit because of too many available seats all conspired to bring us where we are today. Don't blame any of that though because your union still should have been able to get you raises and better benefits right? Who cares if the money tree in the yard had no leaves.

Yes the TWU, IAM, IBT, AMFA and EVERY other union in our industry wanted to lose members. They were conspiring to lower the money they had coming into their organizations right?

Use a little common sense will you?

WeAAsles said:
People like you wear horse blinders. The entire major Airline industry in the US went through bankruptcy since deregulation. Some went out of business and there planes and routes were gobbled up, and the last of the bunch all merged to survive to be where we finally are today. Is it just convenient to ignore that reality? Low cost airlines, jet fuel, fares that were too low to turn a profit because of too many available seats all conspired to bring us where we are today. Don't blame any of that though because your union still should have been able to get you raises and better benefits right? Who cares if the money tree in the yard had no leaves.

Yes the TWU, IAM, IBT, AMFA and EVERY other union in our industry wanted to lose members. They were conspiring to lower the money they had coming into their organizations right?

So they bent over all their members to make a deal that would SAVE union dues. It jus not about losing MEMBERS but preserving DUES!

WeAAsles said:

So we should be lucky to have jobs? Is that what you are trying to say? This was never about losing members as much as it was about saving union dues. The TWU too easily and readily bent us over with the illusion that they were saving jobs..

MetalMover said:

Read again and stop being defensive. Where did I say that I blamed AMFA regarding outsourcing? But I have seen both the TWU and the IAM "TRY" to lobby on Capital Hill to stop the trend of outsourcing your work citing the dangers involved in these poorly run MRO's. Another reason I support the association is because together and if the two unions can lock up the US airline industry they just may have a little more muscle to be able to shine a light on the issues that are affecting you? Defensive? Are YOU not defending the TWU and the Alliance? The lobbying effort by the IAM and TWU is more for overseas MRO's. As far as the two loser unions having more "muscle", let me remind you that just about into the 80's, the IAM represented more airline ground workers than any other union. Where did STRENGTH IN NUMBERS get them? Where did STRENGTH IN NUMBERS GET US?

You talk about the concessions but the reality is that just like my group there are people out there willing to do the work for much less than what you and I are being paid. Maybe there aren't as many people interested in the US at going to school to get the degree because it's not as attractive as it once was? The airlines will lobby to solve that issue if they have to by getting the Politicians to agree to let immigrants come in from other countries who have those skills in the future if they have to? Watch. And look at the forecast for outsourcing in that second link I provided. I guess the TWU will be more than happy to have the standards lowered for immigrants as long as they can collect union dues from them. Companies love to preach that MARKET RATES AND CONDITIONS dictate salaries. There is a looming AMT shortage and I haven't seen the MARKET RATES AND CONDITIONS THEORY applied.

We're on the same team brother and just because you turn a wrench and I work a Ramplink doesn't make the fact that they want to get rid of both of us any different. I don't know why some of you guys don't get that? Stop thinking we're enemies and letting other people put that thought in your mind.  I have NEVER and still DO NOT belittle any other work group. But when the TWU fleet service majority dictated every dime I made for years, sorry, I do not want to return to that way of doing business. And THAT is what will happen with the ALLIANCE.
I say whatever one work group could get, more power to them. We all have different needs and issues.

That's stupid thinking.  
What IS stupid thinking is believing the ALLIANCE will benefit us because of MUSCLE at the bargaining table. 

NYer did a great job at covering every drop of horse chit you're selling here but you want to continue to ignore it since it doesn't fit into what YOU want. Overspeed was also batting up against all this nonsense as well but your little social party on here has no desire to come down out of the clouds and ground your feet in the real world.

Alright then. Go get those cards signed and lock yourselves up away from the world. Insulate yourselves from everyone else and put your fingers in your ears humming La La La La. I hope that works for you and the real bad guys don't one day kick down your door and slit your throats.

For some of you this is a classic example of a lesson in futility.

WeAAsles said:

Well Wilbur, looking at the contract the IAM brought back we will always will be under a bankruptcy contract.

Sorry if I'm misinformed, I didn't know the IAM went through the 1113 process.

Sarcasm goes with my lack of common sense.........just gotta love the TWU trolls.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
NYer did a great job at covering every drop of horse chit you're selling here but you want to continue to ignore it since it doesn't fit into what YOU want. Overspeed was also batting up against all this nonsense as well but your little social party on here has no desire to come down out of the clouds and ground your feet in the real world.

Alright then. Go get those cards signed and lock yourselves up away from the world. Insulate yourselves from everyone else and put your fingers in your ears humming La La La La. I hope that works for you and the real bad guys don't one day kick down your door and slit your throats.

For some of you this is a classic example of a lesson in futility.
HAHAHA    LMAFAO...Quoting OVERSPEED and NYER as being the voices of know it all and reason..
Again, why not just help the mechanics leave the TWU so the rest of you can take advantage of all that MUSCLE the alliance has to offer.

SO because of bankruptcies, you are giving the TWU and the IAM a pass because they really had no choice or else their contracts would have been abrogated...I get it......Better to run and live to fight another day. The only problem is the TWU doesn't know the world FIGHT!

MetalMover said:
So we should be lucky to have jobs? Is that what you are trying to say? This was never about losing members as much as it was about saving union dues. The TWU too easily and readily bent us over with the illusion that they were saving jobs..
Illusion? They saved jobs! They saved jobs for A LOT longer than anyone else out there. Now the BANKRUPTCY and the laws in those codes are going to take away some of those jobs over time. Yes more jobs will be lost absolutely. We all know that and there's no hiding that fact and reality. New cars and new airplanes require less maintenance period.

NO union is a miracle worker brother even if you think they should be.

comatose said:

Well Wilbur, looking at the contract the IAM brought back we will always will be under a bankruptcy contract.

Sorry if I'm misinformed, I didn't know the IAM went through the 1113 process.

Sarcasm goes with my lack of common sense.........just gotta love the TWU trolls.
And I just gotta love self professed intelligent people who ignore ALL facts. The readers are the one's who need to ask themselves why? I could care less.

Keep up the good work there Wilbur.

WeAAsles said:
Illusion? They saved jobs! They saved jobs for A LOT longer than anyone else out there. Now the BANKRUPTCY and the laws in those codes are going to take away some of those jobs over time. Yes more jobs will be lost absolutely. We all know that and there's no hiding that fact and reality. New cars and new airplanes require less maintenance period.

NO union is a miracle worker brother even if you think they should be.
How about the jobs lost before BK? As already stated, you weren't here 1983.   Mechanics' numbers have dwindled by nearly 5000 due to work lost.

WeAAsles said:
And I just gotta love self professed intelligent people who ignore ALL facts. The readers are the one's who need to ask themselves why? I could care less.

So where are you and NYer the end alls?  Where are you and his posts the ONLY ones that matter and that have any validity?
So what your saying is that what the rest of us post here are BS and have no basis?

WeAAsles said:

Self professed intelligent people.........where did you pull that from?

Be careful you and 700 might be related.

MetalMover said:
So where are you and NYer the end alls?  Where are you and his posts the ONLY ones that matter and that have any validity?
Absolutely not. But most of the guys in your crowd either cannot or refuse to refute the information provided. Name calling is something that grade school children do. Not grownups who have children of their own.

Refute the facts instead of rehashing the talking points over and over and maybe you'll gain some converts and some cards?

Either chit or get off the pot? I'll wait to see what the next name I'm going to be called will be?

WeAAsles said:
Absolutely not. But most of the guys in your crowd either cannot or refuse to refute the information provided. Name calling is something that grade school children do. Not grownups who have children of their own.

Refute the facts instead of rehashing the talking points over and over and maybe you'll gain some converts and some cards?

Either chit or get off the pot? I'll wait to see what the next name I'm going to be called will be?
I guess what I have experienced since the TWU started giving away the store in 1983 counts for NOTHING? So what you are saying is that the TWU saved jobs? Again, mechanics numbers were in the mid 12000s and now are in the mid 7600's .   And that trend started before BK.....Looks like job loss to me.
You are missing the point I am making..The job losses started BEFORE BK.....not because of BK. And the TWU was more than willing to shift mechanic work to fleet service. 

Vortilon said:
Why would that be so hard to believe?  Everyone of them stood to gain something!  Jury is still out on judge Lane - no pun intended.

Why would it be so hard to believe that so many people have a conspiracy against mechanics and that information is garnered from ONE person. There are soooo many people that want to see the mechanics at American Airlines be brought to their knees, but thankfully there is one person that is letting all of us know about that anti-mechanic sentiment.

If you believe that is reasonable, then by all means carry on.

Vortilon said:
How is it your post count never goes up on this BB?  Something we should know about there Mr TWU Troll.  I'm convinced you are a paid TWU Troll.  I know a lot of FSCs, not a one of them has near the amount of interest in the M&R contract as you have.  You are a TWU fabrication.

The fact that you have resorted to calling me names and make baseless accusations, while at the same time unable to ignore me, let's everyone know that what I share must have legitimacy or else it would simply be ignored.

So go on and continue to raise my credibility by ignoring the information and attacking the messenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.