TWU and IAM representation alliance vote

Will you vote in a TWU and IAM representation alliance? (A/C maint. only)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you asking the board?

No one will know the answer.

Why dont you call your high level contacts at the NMB?

Since you implied the fix was in.

Reactions: 1 person
Vortilon said:

Who needs to be an expert?  Are you saying the people that make up the NMB are above being bought off?  What oversight do they really have?  The IAM and TWU are not above trying to influence NMB decisions through bribery to maintain the dues flow.  I would have to second SWAMT's assertion.  The only explanation for the delay on the M & R side, would be that the NMB is trying to find a legal loophole - to justify not having a membership vote.  That would allow the JCBA to be recognized as our new union - without a vote.  Unfortunately for the NMB, TWU, and IAM, the federal judge that ruled against the Local 591 lawsuit recently, didn't even recognize the JCBA as our bargaining agent, so how could the NMB explain that away?

Interesting you know when we voted the IAM out at NW and voted AMFA the IAM filed a protest with the NMB which took over a year to settle. We began looking at the background of the NMB members at the time and low and behold quite a few of them had ties to the IAM ..Gee no conflict of interest there :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6 people
700UW said:
Why are you asking the board?

No one will know the answer.

Why dont you call your high level contacts at the NMB?

Since you implied the fix was in.
Already did and posted the results.  Where were you?  
I am asking the board because there were people on the board that said it came from the TWU that there would be a decision by mid Jan and someone else said by Feb.  Follow along a little better and you would know.

Reactions: 3 people
lineguy43 said:

Interesting you know when we voted the IAM out at NW and voted AMFA the IAM filed a protest with the NMB which took over a year to settle. We began looking at the background of the NMB members at the time and low and behold quite a few of them had ties to the IAM ..Gee no conflict of interest there :rolleyes:
And he thinks the NMB is crystal clean...

Vortilon said:

Who needs to be an expert?  Are you saying the people that make up the NMB are above being bought off?  What oversight do they really have?  The IAM and TWU are not above trying to influence NMB decisions through bribery to maintain the dues flow.  I would have to second SWAMT's assertion.  The only explanation for the delay on the M & R side, would be that the NMB is trying to find a legal loophole - to justify not having a membership vote.  That would allow the JCBA to be recognized as our new union - without a vote.  Unfortunately for the NMB, TWU, and IAM, the federal judge that ruled against the Local 591 lawsuit recently, didn't even recognize the JCBA as our bargaining agent, so how could the NMB explain that away?

You meant Association, not JCBA.

How can an outside entity recognize the Association as a bargaining agent when the NMB hasn't given that determination yet. You have the cart before the horse.

NYer said:

You meant Association, not JCBA.

How can an outside entity recognize the Association as a bargaining agent when the NMB hasn't given that determination yet. You have the cart before the horse.

JCBA run by the Association - they represent the same thing, no matter how it is referred to.  No determination, why do you suppose that is?  It's really not that complicated.  The NMB needs to do the right, and legal thing - print up a ballot with three choices on it: 1) TWU, 2) IAM, 3) Other.  Then, let the "eligible" members vote.  That's really all there is to it.  The top two choices on the ballot will then have a runoff vote - then it's goodbye TWU & IAM and hello AMFA.

Reactions: 3 people
700, when is the vote for this association?  Why hasn't it been announced?  What is your honest opinion, do you really believe that there will still be a vote?  Why is the association so quiet right now? This association said they would file with the NMB in order to have an election, where is this filing?  Where is anything that this association said would happen???  Nowhere as we see it...

Reactions: 2 people
Patience grasshopper. If the association said we will vote then I believe them 110%. These things take time. They also said they have a old bridge for sale in New York City.

Reactions: 1 person
swamt said:
700, when is the vote for this association?  Why hasn't it been announced?  What is your honest opinion, do you really believe that there will still be a vote?  Why is the association so quiet right now? This association said they would file with the NMB in order to have an election, where is this filing?  Where is anything that this association said would happen???  Nowhere as we see it...
Where is your confession you were wrong?

Where is my apology for you calling me a liar?

You have been running away from me, I have made numerous posts calling you out, repeating your words how the NMB would not handle this?

And last July I posted that you will be a surprise on what would happen and I was spot on and you couldn't have been more wrong.

And you couldn't even comprehend the NMB certified the Association.

700UW said:
I'm still wondering if he's figured it out yet? He never responded when I put up the highlighted links.

WeAAsles said:
I'm still wondering if he's figured it out yet? He never responded when I put up the highlighted links.
Apparently not, since he still cant figure out the NMB certified the Association.

700UW said:
Where is your confession you were wrong?

Where is my apology for you calling me a liar?

You have been running away from me, I have made numerous posts calling you out, repeating your words how the NMB would not handle this?

And last July I posted that you will be a surprise on what would happen and I was spot on and you couldn't have been more wrong.

Once again you ignore the questions brought to you.  I have not been proven wrong as of yet.  There has not been a vote for this association, now has there 700?  I am not running away from you as you claim.  The only surprise that came forth in any of this is the fact that AMFA did not get enough cards collected to file during the 30 day grace period.  So far you have not proven me wrong, and if you do, and I honestly hope you do, I will then admit it, until then where is the vote 700?  Where are the announcements for the vote for this association?  And guess what.  None of us are convinced that it will (IF it happens) be handled by the NMB---Where's the vote???

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts