twu international unaccountable

AMFA members have better pay and benefits. AMFA members do not have a card drive to oust their current union. AMFA members are happy members. They are not bitching about their union or company at the same level we are at AA. 2700 members or 27,000 members. They are satisfied with their union. Are we with the TWU? That should be your comparison. Not numbers and money. You have gotten so far out of touch with the basics of unionism that your tripping over your own feet.
Was UA satisfied with AMFA?

So, in your opinion, why does the company continue to pay line mechanics at class 2's to do those jobs?

Must be of some value to the company.
Understand that the transition plan involves offloading the class I's of scheduled checks on to class II's because they do well on routine work and the class I's are going to focus on the pilot write ups. People like Ken will be changing IDG filters, potable water cards, and maybe a heavy nav data base upload. Stuff that a plastic mouse like mechanic can handle.

No you don't have it straight...again. Bob if the measurement is for pay and benefits alone than yes AMFA wins. However, giving up 80% of your memberships jobs is extremely costly. Since AMFA represents a paltry 2,700 members after having 18,000 only a few short years ago those other 15,000 dues paying members got great representation from AMFA and Louie Key earned that $125K he made in your opinion. Great job representing those guys and dues well spent.

A ponzi scheme would be where you get nothing in return for what you paid in, in this case dues. The TWU made sure those dues paying members at the base got $34/hour instead of what AMFA got their base membership at UA (Airframe overhaul outsourced), NW (damn near everything outsourced), and AS (no fighting the OAK base closure even though they were not in BK and had a contract). AMFA's ponzi rating is five Madoff's out of five. AMFA does treat their overhaul members as a commodity, and expendable one for the line guys and you love that Bob. It is what you gets you excited.

Keeping 65% of your overhaul send in house is good for our members. All our members. If you had your way we would be laying off 4,000 members instead of less than a few hundred due to the Early Out and SiS. That's a win for all our dues paying members. We had a superior contract back in May 2010 but winners like you recommended a no vote. How's that working out Bob? Sure blame me and all the TUL membership. It is the world you live in and you don't like it. You blame the courts, the laws, the consultants, you label falsely, you spout inaccurate and out of context facts, and you accept no blame for misleading and flat out lying. But hey, that's cool Bob. I, like you, have enough seniority to hang on. And even if we change unions I'll still do my job just like you and cash my paychecks. Under and AMFA agreement I probably would make more money, seriously flawed and perverted viewpoint it is to roll over on our union post 1990 seniority group so we can be richer. 5,000 jobs for $7/hour raise...that's a really high price to pay.

Overspeed what are you trying to prove with all these posts and relentless attacks on Bob? You have a cushy international position and don't want certain facts to be exposed and discussions to take place? It's disingenuous to come on here and cover yourself up as a man of union principles and talk about saving jobs and standing up for the profession with this nonsense. Fact is many here are unhappy with the TWU and your posts only serve as evidence of that.

Josh

Reactions: 3 people
Understand that the transition plan involves offloading the class I's of scheduled checks on to class II's because they do well on routine work and the class I's are going to focus on the pilot write ups. People like Ken will be changing IDG filters, potable water cards, and maybe a heavy nav data base upload. Stuff that a plastic mouse like mechanic can handle.

Yeah, we all know what D.F.W. stands for!

Don,

Put down the fork for that Keylime Pie! The sugar is bringing out your true hatred for the membership. Your attack on me is categorizing all Class II AMTs in your pure hatred for me from behind your cowardly alias.

You again attack me, and now all Class II AMTs, yet neglect to defend the twu's failed structure.

Yawn!

Go AMFA!

Reactions: 3 people
Was UA satisfied with AMFA?

They fell for the teamsters lies and campaign reteric which they have not delivered on (as I have read here) one item promised except for, drum role pls, yes the increase of their dues to 2.5 times base, but oh, wait, it's actually more than 2.5 times base, as the teamsters also include some premium pay as part of the dues payment, at least I know they did here at SWA.
Now they are really regretting voting the teamsters in. I really think the membership at UAL should have voted in new local level officers, rather than a new union. I am sure the UAL mechs are wishing they never did this now. You know the ole saying, "you never know what you got until it's gone" I believe this fully applies at UAL currently. Bottom line is, UA is even more unsatisfied with the teamsters. Too bad they are stuck with them for a couple of years now.

Reactions: 1 person
The things you learn when you listen to am radio.................
No, I saw it for myself.
Those idiots pitching tents, getting high and crapping on the sidewalks downtown do not represent me or my hard working family.

Maybe you.

Yeah the 1%ers crapping all over everybody is a great system.
You are more likely to step in an occupy wallstreet scumbags crap than any of your so called 1%ers.
And I hope you like working hard to pay for their healthcare and lazy lifestyles too.

They were when they booted out the IAM. Point I was making is that current AMFA represented AMT's are better paid and have better benefits. Nice spin though.
Exactly, "current AMFA represented AMT's." All the former UA, NW, and AS AMFA AMT's - totaling in the thousands - are no longer making AMFA top wages are they? No. They had to start over and, if you believe the U.S. BLS, 46% that lost their jobs in aviation ended up making 20% less than where they previously worked if they stayed in aviation. So what happens to those that left the industry? Only 35% ended up making more than their previous job. So out of the over 15,000 AMFA members that lost their jobs 35% are making less than they were before. Sweet. I bet they feel happy about having AMFA represent them.

WN, I guess we can hijack this topic for a few posts.

Personal habits of the scumbags both camping on and occupying the offices on Wallstreet aside, do you really believe that all people that protested against the corporate greed in this country are lazy and don't want to work?

Example: A lot of hardworking people at AA are about to be jobless yet the executives will walk away with millions of dollars after doing no more than eliminating jobs/pay/benefits.

I believe you make your living like I do. You can't think this is right or good for this country.

They fell for the teamsters lies and campaign reteric which they have not delivered on (as I have read here) one item promised except for, drum role pls, yes the increase of their dues to 2.5 times base, but oh, wait, it's actually more than 2.5 times base, as the teamsters also include some premium pay as part of the dues payment, at least I know they did here at SWA.
Now they are really regretting voting the teamsters in. I really think the membership at UAL should have voted in new local level officers, rather than a new union. I am sure the UAL mechs are wishing they never did this now. You know the ole saying, "you never know what you got until it's gone" I believe this fully applies at UAL currently. Bottom line is, UA is even more unsatisfied with the teamsters. Too bad they are stuck with them for a couple of years now.
There is no AMFA drive at UA. Why? Because they know the truth about AMFA. Unfortunately there are still those at AA that think they will reap a huge pay day if Louie Key rides in on the AMFA white steed. Some might but at what cost? UA lost more AO jobs under AMFA than they did under the IAM and now will be adding capacity in at IAD. Why? Because UA sees the value in the IBT contract at CO over the past years. Getting rid of AMFA has been a plus for them. AS, well those 350 base AMTs they chose not to defend their jobs at OAK demonstrates how hard AMFA fights for overhaul AMTs. And NW...wow. What can you say about that. Did so awesome their no one at DL was willing to take that ride.

Even on the TWU's worst day they haven't screwed that many high paying union AMT's out of their jobs. In three short years we will all be getting on top of our 9% pay raise another wage increase that will move us to at least where we would have been had we accepted the May 2010 deal that our vote no coalition (closeted AMFA advocates) told us was a bad deal.

Overspeed what are you trying to prove with all these posts and relentless attacks on Bob? You have a cushy international position and don't want certain facts to be exposed and discussions to take place? It's disingenuous to come on here and cover yourself up as a man of union principles and talk about saving jobs and standing up for the profession with this nonsense. Fact is many here are unhappy with the TWU and your posts only serve as evidence of that.

Josh
Josh, quite admirable to come to Bob's defense. I have no international position. Expose all the facts you want. What am I covering up? The membership is unhappy with the TWU because the spineless line local presidents choose to misrepresent the facts and lie to the membership. Many members on the floor contact the ATD directly because our local officers are too worried about going back to the floor and actually having to bid a crew.

I am a union member working the line and I approved this message.

WN, I guess we can hijack this topic for a few posts.

Personal habits of the scumbags both camping on and occupying the offices on Wallstreet aside, do you really believe that all people that protested against the corporate greed in this country are lazy and don't want to work?

Example: A lot of hardworking people at AA are about to be jobless yet the executives will walk away with millions of dollars after doing no more than eliminating jobs/pay/benefits.

I believe you make your living like I do. You can't think this is right or good for this country.
last post on this, sorry about the highjack.

I believe the hard working folks who joined the scumbags of occupy, are all liberial zombies who want more liberials in power period.

Show me a conservative who fell for this "divide the country" between the 1% and 99% crap.

So do you blame ALL your problems on the top 1% too?

Latest posts