UA + CO

I used to know a kid who tried to argue with the 'slow' kids. It was useless too. He acts like he knows....50/50 shot. yes/no

Weirder things have happened. United is going to start flying to Kuwait!!! That's strange.

[Unfortunately for you and your grand scenario, by posting a smaller loss than UAL, CAL is in no position to buy or make a "move" on anyone.

I think it is safe to say that the banks/investors have a lot more confidence in CO management than UA.

[Unfortunately for you and your grand scenario, by posting a smaller loss than UAL, CAL is in no position to buy or make a "move" on anyone.

I think it is safe to say that the banks/investors have a lot more confidence in CO management than UA.

Based upon??? Please provide anything more than your opinion here...PLease keep your evidence on point of investment banking confidence in UA vs CO and not who won best economy class or has the best route structure...

JBG

Based upon??? Please provide anything more than your opinion here...PLease keep your evidence on point of investment banking confidence in UA vs CO and not who won best economy class or has the best route structure...

JBG

:)

*Edited by Moderator*

oh fun..............look, I know a noun too!!! :)

corn·field ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kôrnfld)
n.
A field in which bulscu scorn is grown.

My predictions are similar, but not identical:

LCC/Third Ch 11 by end of year

Then you are a hell of alot smarter than 100% of the business analyst that have given thumbs up on LCC. $5 million profit, expected 2006 profit WITH merger related expenses. How much of a profit did AA make this quarter? Aren't they whining for more cuts from employees?

Some of you just loathe that US Airways is here to stay and likely to kick some ass. Frankly, I'm loving it the egg all over the faces of so many on these boards. :lol:

Then you are a hell of alot smarter than 100% of the business analyst that have given thumbs up on LCC. $5 million profit, expected 2006 profit WITH merger related expenses. How much of a profit did AA make this quarter? Aren't they whining for more cuts from employees?

Some of you just loathe that US Airways is here to stay and likely to kick some ass. Frankly, I'm loving it the egg all over the faces of so many on these boards. :lol:

You're right - I do know a hell of a lot more than airline analysts.

Subtract out that one-time $90 million gain recorded by US in the first quarter (compliments of Airbus) and then tell me again about the "$5 million profit."

:rolleyes:

I'm not rooting for US to make its third trip to Ch 11 in four years, but unless fuel comes down dramatically or unless another legacy goes under, the odds of avoiding bankruptcy court don't look good for the misnamed LCC.

You're right - I do know a hell of a lot more than airline analysts.

Subtract out that one-time $90 million gain recorded by US in the first quarter (compliments of Airbus) and then tell me again about the "$5 million profit."

:rolleyes:

I'm not rooting for US to make its third trip to Ch 11 in four years, but unless fuel comes down dramatically or unless another legacy goes under, the odds of avoiding bankruptcy court don't look good for the misnamed LCC.
Only three airlines posted a profit this first quarter...American did not make it with or without subtractions :D

Only three airlines posted a profit this first quarter...American did not make it with or without subtractions :D

So what? AA didn't make a profit, and neither did US (unless you count one-time debt forgiveness). Both airlines are in it deep.

So what? AA didn't make a profit, and neither did US (unless you count one-time debt forgiveness). Both airlines are in it deep.
JMHO.... We ALL are in deep b/c Fuel isn't likely to ever get back to a warm/comfy price. Also consider the latest concerns in the Full Flow Monitor Filtration Elements that have been installed in almost every piece of Fueling vehicle lately. They are failing under their Life Potential in some cases, enough to warrant further investigation. Word has it, there may be a need to go back to the Filter/Seperators, but most new fueling equipment don't have the required "Water Defense" system installed. This adds costs to the Fueling vendor if it goes that direction. There is already an FSAW issued regarding such. Until the Filter Manufacturers get their act together, this ride could get very Bumpy in the near future. Just my thoughts....

I think a strong case can be made that without their merger, both HP and US would be in serious jeopardy. Combined they are stronger than each carrier individually. As fuel continues to spike upward, the LCC's are the ones who are going to be hurting the most. They lack the higher yielding routes that can offset much of the increased fuel costs. And they lack the critical mass necessary to ratchet up their revenue streams.

As for business analysts, if I had a nickel for every business analyst forecast for the airline industry that never materialized, I'd have retired to my beach-side palace in Tahiti a long time ago.

Latest posts

Back