Ummm, Don't Look Now

I see once again local that you have mastered in the ability of not understanding. My statement was not made in regards of monetary value but in the dynamics of the job itself. I could careless if they paid minimum wage or a hundred an hour. Working line for an airline as far as I am concerned is the creme of the crop of aviation jobs. As for pay I make more money as a contractor at 22 an hour than I do as a direct for 27 an hour. As a direct with NWA my take home pay was about $760.00 a week. When I return to work, which will be in about two weeks my take home pay will be around $1,100.00 a week. Not to mention I get months off at a time. I know you hate my life style but I kind of like it. I have had a great summer so far. How has yours been local?
I unerstand quiet well SCABBY, if it was not about the 'monetary value' you would not need to scab, you said yourself that lack of OVERTIME was the driving force for the SCAB departure...Ummmm... caught in another fabrication.

So let me get this straight genius, you can make $340.00 more take home a week as a contractor plus get 'Months' off at a time but chose to lower your standard of living in order to SCAB at NWA?... :lol: :lol:

Your parents are'nt brother and sister by any chance?

Hate your lifestyle?...Ya betcha, I got rid of the old hag. :up:

I leave wed. for Belize with paid vacation and flight bennys, fun in the sun, senoritas and margaritas. So for my summer is going great!...Thanks for asking. ;)

I would also like to make the suggestion that if you guys do go on strike, coordinate it with AMFA. Insist that AMFA at least contact the AMFA Scabs that crossed and get a tally on how many will be willing to walkout again. A lot of those guys are not happy there at all and will be willing to walk again if approached with a workable plan. If just a hundred were convinced to walk out at this time it will be a detrimental blow to NWA's maintenance operations.

I would also like to make the suggestion that if you guys do go on strike, coordinate it with AMFA. Insist that AMFA at least contact the AMFA Scabs that crossed and get a tally on how many will be willing to walkout again. A lot of those guys are not happy there at all and will be willing to walk again if approached with a workable plan. If just a hundred were convinced to walk out at this time it will be a detrimental blow to NWA's maintenance operations.

I think someone got their tires slashed in the parking lot by some STRIKING AMFA members! LOL! :lol:

There is on thing to be said about giving the company the 15 days notice. Without doing a thing more then giving notice, cash coming in will dropoff markedly. People won't buy tickets for travel after the 14th of August. The results will likely be apparent as early as 8/1/06.

Let me get this straight: You, PTO, have undermined the NWA Mechanics' profession by crossing their picket line and NOW you want to dispel some advice on how AMFA and AFA-NWA can launch a successful job action against the company? :spam:

How very disingenuous of you...

Let me get this straight: You, PTO, have undermined the NWA Mechanics' profession by crossing their picket line and NOW you want to dispel some advice on how AMFA and AFA-NWA can launch a successful job action against the company? :spam:

Head case is more like it!

I unerstand quiet well SCABBY, if it was not about the 'monetary value' you would not need to scab, you said yourself that lack of OVERTIME was the driving force for the SCAB departure...Ummmm... caught in another fabrication.

I see your reading comprehension is still a bit slow local but I do see some improvement. The job of working line was great, I loved it. If I were still a contactor for NWA I would not have left. As a direct the job was still great but the pay was a bit lame. Do keep in mind that I say that with a contractors point of view. For 27 an hour paid to me as a contractor is good money but 27 as a direct is very lame. Either way the dynamics of the job remain the same.

A quick example of contract pay versus NWA pay:

NWA direct pay.
40 Hrs. X 27.00 Hr.= 1080.00 gross
deductions= 356.00
net pay= 724.00

Contractor pay
40 Hrs. x 27.00 Hr.=1080.00 gross
deductions/varies due to split= 86.00
net pay= 994.00

This does not include any overtime which is a given at an MRO and non-existent at NWA. Lets also not forget that nice bonus check delivered by Uncle Sam every year with those squirrelly earned income credit charts.

So let me get this straight genius, you can make $340.00 more take home a week as a contractor plus get 'Months' off at a time but chose to lower your standard of living in order to SCAB at NWA?... :lol: :lol:
Yes you are correct, going direct for NWA was not a financially smart move on my behalf. Once I did it though and signed a lease I was bound there for six months. There were also some unforeseen events that took place at home that further weakened any financial stability I might have had with NWA.
Your parents are'nt brother and sister by any chance?
Sorry, but no. Yours?
I leave wed. for Belize with paid vacation and flight bennys, fun in the sun, senoritas and margaritas. So for my summer is going great!...Thanks for asking. ;)
Do enjoy yourself. Watch out for those concessions though for the same benes might not be available next year.

Are you flying ZED with NWA by any chance?

It is a bit more complicated than that. Undermining the AMFA Strike was simply a by-product in the quest to prove that individual contractors are fully capable of keeping a major airline flying. I think we were very successful in proving this. Hackmans own DOT Stats even support it. I know you guys will throw up the current emergency landings as proof of failure but I do find it strange that as the Original Scabs continue to leave and are replaced with AMFA Scabs the frequency of emergency landings increases.

As far as my advice to the F/A's goes, it is sound advice. NWA has trained replacements for them just as they had replacements for the mechanics. You guys carry this notion that since you are unionized you are better than everyone else. I am here to tell you that is not the case. You had better fight this fight with a bit more brainpower than the mechanics did or you will be replaced. This CHAOS is a good idea at least you are still on the frontlines fighting the fight. Once you leave the property you have lost all control.

The AMFA Boys think they are gaining ground as Original Scabs continue to leave. Look how giddy they are as they hear about another one leaving. If the numbers drop to low for NWA to operate all NWA has to do is pick up a phone and re-open the contract. The contractors will return quicker than they left. The AMFA Boys are giddy over an illusion. I hope the F/A's don't fall into the same trap. Fight to protect your job but do not do it with the attitude that you cannot be replaced.

NOT just that JAMAKE1, allegedly he doesn't even WORK @ NW anymore. Besides being a little green behind the ears about the airline biz.......... :boring:

It is a bit more complicated than that. Undermining the AMFA Strike was simply a by-product in the quest to prove that individual contractors are fully capable of keeping a major airline flying. I think we were very successful in proving this. Hackmans own DOT Stats even support it. I know you guys will throw up the current emergency landings as proof of failure but I do find it strange that as the Original Scabs continue to leave and are replaced with AMFA Scabs the frequency of emergency landings increases.

As far as my advice to the F/A's goes, it is sound advice. NWA has trained replacements for them just as they had replacements for the mechanics. You guys carry this notion that since you are unionized you are better than everyone else. I am here to tell you that is not the case. You had better fight this fight with a bit more brainpower than the mechanics did or you will be replaced. This CHAOS is a good idea at least you are still on the frontlines fighting the fight. Once you leave the property you have lost all control.

The AMFA Boys think they are gaining ground as Original Scabs continue to leave. Look how giddy they are as they hear about another one leaving. If the numbers drop to low for NWA to operate all NWA has to do is pick up a phone and re-open the contract. The contractors will return quicker than they left. The AMFA Boys are giddy over an illusion. I hope the F/A's don't fall into the same trap. Fight to protect your job but do not do it with the attitude that you cannot be replaced.

Oh spare us your rhetoric, lack of knowlege and diarhea of the mouth. You don't even scab at NW anymore.

Hey weren't you the one trying to start a rumor a few months ago about replacement F/A being trained on A/C in DTW (when we have facilities in MSP).

:lol:

Nothing but a pile of bovine scab excrement. First off 'Cods, at the start of the strike Scab Air outsourced all the rest of its heavy checks. That work was a large part of MSP and DLH that scabs couldn't cover. Secondly, if the iam scab cultists along with the few AMFA scab cowards that crossed the picket line had not, the desert rats like yourself would have never made it a week. Scab Air eliminated a huge amount of work and scabs still can't keep up. Really, as its been stated here many times, a scab, is a scab, is a scab. They all are back stabbing liars and cowards like yourself who helped wealthy big business thugs like Dougie Stealin', Andy Robbers, and Neil Conehead decimate its workforce while they line their pockets.

As a moronic uneducated scab, you still have no idea about the RLA and other applicable laws that govern the airline business and its unions. The RLA needs to be thrown out and revamped badly, but it works to management's favor, so it won't be. You apparently do not understand that the government will impose huge fines (ask the APA) and jail terms for an illegal strike. They (NMB, FAA, NTSB) are bought by your buddies in management you love to help so much. As much as I would like to see a wild cat strike nation wide, the big businesses that run this country will never let that happen.

The only thing AMFA members are giddy about is the slow decline of Scab Air and the exodus of scabs as the ship sinks. Now with another crisis on the horizon, it should be fun to watch Scab Air's management thugs sink into the tar pit if the AFA carries out its plans for a job action.

You know nothing of the airline business and how it runs 'Cods. All you did was allow yourself to be herded in with empty promises as a scab pawn, and then you only lasted a year. Stop giving advice, because you have not a clue of WTF your talking about. :angry: :unsure: :ph34r: :blink:

Nothing but a pile of bovine scab excrement.
A typical Hackman retort.

First off 'Cods, at the start of the strike Scab Air outsourced all the rest of its heavy checks. That work was a large part of MSP and DLH that scabs couldn't cover.

More Hackman BS retort on a topic that has been hashed on before. Fact is manpower was reduced much more than workload.

Secondly, if the iam scab cultists along with the few AMFA scab cowards that crossed the picket line had not, the desert rats like yourself would have never made it a week. Scab Air eliminated a huge amount of work and scabs still can't keep up.

Hackmans BS continues to deepen, time for the hip-waders. During the first two-weeks there was one AMFA Scab at DTW and he was stashed in the hanger. It was a long time before an AMFA Scab set foot on the line. Once again this whole fiasco was a result of divided unions and poor leadership. Is the IAM to blame? Why hell yea they are. It takes three men to push an aircraft back and four to marshal one in. This alone freed up badly needed mechanics to work the aircraft. No one has said a word about the Cleaners and Custodians lately, they were very seldom brought up when people knew there was a strike going on. Why do you guys leave them out of this action so much? The IAM didn’t have any problem stealing that work as well. Yet another example of your dissolving unionism. Solidarity to the end, ya gotta love it. Is AMFA to blame? Talk about biting off more than you can chew, just disregarded NWA’s preparations for this strike, no strike fund, no plan, oh yea, they were on top of their game. You guys can blame the management, the judge, the RLA, the FAA and me as well. I’ll tell you whose fault this is though it’s every one of you guys’ and your pathetically divided unions that has sold you out. You guys that continue to pay your dues to unions you hate and continue to work for companies you hate, you support a government that writes laws that continue to erode your rights to gather and protest. You really do need to consider cleaning up your own house before you start pointing fingers elsewhere.

Really, as its been stated here many times, a scab, is a scab, is a scab. They all are back stabbing liars and cowards like yourself who helped wealthy big business thugs like Dougie Stealin', Andy Robbers, and Neil Conehead decimate its workforce while they line their pockets.

Yea just like you Hackman. Keep sucking up those concessions and paying your whore union to sleep with the company. How much longer before they sell you out again Hackman? Keep up the good fight Hackman you are doing so well.

As a moronic uneducated scab, you still have no idea about the RLA and other applicable laws that govern the airline business and its unions. The RLA needs to be thrown out and revamped badly, but it works to management's favor, so it won't be. You apparently do not understand that the government will impose huge fines (ask the APA) and jail terms for an illegal strike. They (NMB, FAA, NTSB) are bought by your buddies in management you love to help so much. As much as I would like to see a wild cat strike nation wide, the big businesses that run this country will never let that happen.

What the HELL kind of BS is this? Just cry me a river why don't you? You're not a fighter, you're a Laid Up Sally, a parasite hiding behind an illusional curtain of solidarity and unionism. "As much as I would like to see a wild cat strike nation wide, the big businesses that run this country will never let that happen." :lol: :lol: Do you know what your problem is Hackman? You are bought and paid for and don't even know it.

...it should be fun to watch Scab Air's management thugs sink into the tar pit if the AFA carries out its plans for a job action.

You guys said the same thing about the mechanics if they went on strike. You cheered them into oblivion are you going to do the same for the F/A's. You guys act like you care so much, I call BS. You guys aren't nothing more than a bunch of sideline cheerleaders. You want to help them? Then strike with them, you will be sitting in the same boat soon anyway. Solidarity my Arse.

You know nothing of the airline business and how it runs 'Cods. All you did was allow yourself to be herded in with empty promises as a scab pawn, and then you only lasted a year. Stop giving advice, because you have not a clue of WTF your talking about.

Sorry Hackman but I have broken away from the Herd along time ago. You and your fellow sheep though have already been herded into the chute for the slaughter. Don't you smell the blood?

I am inclined to agree with you Mikey. And that is how AA flight attendants led one of the most successful strikes in airline history, back in '93. I'll never forget it. Solidarity at its finest.

I'm sorry, but AFA shouldn't be tolerating one minute of an IMPOSED contract. Instead of calling a strike at midnight tonight, they're publicly stating that they will give NWA management the courtesy of 15 days notice. I am not convinced that this is an effective strategy, but I would love to be proved WRONG... :blink:

Oh for God's sake..It was a 3-5 day walk out. You didn't have time to exchange phone numbers and recipes much less be really strike tested. Bill Clinton was in office DEMOCRAT... CHAOS has been proven very effective and old techniques do not work in 2006. Too bad most airlines don't still impose immediate grounding for the duration of a pregnancy (or suspected pregnancy) I think an "I think I pregnant" job action would have been the most successful....ah the old days.

Good luck NWA f/as. You have many willing to walk and support your efforts to require management to adhere to a CBA that THEY signed in supposed "good faith".

Back