UNION FACTS

I guess you need speed to wake you from those heavy drugs you obviously have been taking.
Duh, what do you think corporations are?

Corporate execs "provide" us jobs? Wrong, the demand for our labor provides us jobs. In fact it provides execs with jobs too my corporate boot licking friend.
Funny how you anti-union types contradict yourselves. On the one hand they claim that unions do nothing to create jobs then they claim that the unions featherbed. So which is it?

Do you think that corporate execs try to create jobs for the sake of creating jobsor does their pursuit of profit create a demand for labor that creates jobs?

By the way I'm not defending the abuses of corrupt union leaders, but, the fact is that one of the reasons why many of these corrupt leaders remain in power is because their corporate friends help keep them there.

By the way, nice self portrait.
heavy drugs.....anti-union types....nice self portrait....BLAH..BLAH...BLAH...SAME OLD RHETORIC...sounds like another blowhard on these threads...go back to the original post, re-read the link, and come back with some SUBSTANTIVE THOUGHT, you know, something that you could think of on your own, other than your obvious brain-washed thought process...some people never cease to amaze me....

Not to pick sides but so much is made about how bad the IAM....

Four of the last eight Teamsters presidents have been indicted according to the FBI

A 1999 Congressional report accused the Teamsters, under Carey's leadership, of "misuse of union assets, misrepresentation of the IBT's financial affairs, questionable transactions, and illegal activities during the 1996 IBT election, all at the expense of the rank-and-file."

A 2002 article in the generally pro-union New Republic magazine noted that the IBT is "still plagued by corruption; ex-felons and people with reputed mob associations lurk around the edges of key Teamster locals seeking influence over the union

Click here

Glass houses

Wow....

IAM...

Allegations Filed
Duty of Fair Representation 719
Other Allegations 147
Union Security Related (including Beck) 115
Union Security Related 87
Coercive Statements 24
Threatening Statements 17
Harassment 16
Bad Faith/Surface Bargaining (Succeeding Contract) 10
Resignation of Membership (Patternmakers) 9
Disparagement of Employee 7
------------------------------------------------

IBT

Allegations Filed
Duty of Fair Representation 3,415
Other Allegations 1,167
Union Security Related (including Beck) 349
Threatening Statements 221
Actions of Picketers 206
Union Security Related 193
Coercive Statements 175
Statements 161
Bad Faith/Surface Bargaining (Succeeding Contract) 153
Hiring Halls 131

Not to pick sides but so much is made about how bad the IAM....

Four of the last eight Teamsters presidents have been indicted according to the FBI

A 1999 Congressional report accused the Teamsters, under Carey's leadership, of "misuse of union assets, misrepresentation of the IBT's financial affairs, questionable transactions, and illegal activities during the 1996 IBT election, all at the expense of the rank-and-file."

A 2002 article in the generally pro-union New Republic magazine noted that the IBT is "still plagued by corruption; ex-felons and people with reputed mob associations lurk around the edges of key Teamster locals seeking influence over the union

Carey was cleaning up the union however he was targeted by the government after the UPS strike.

The UPS strike was the first successful large strike in years, most working people were happy to see that labor still had clout. However the powers at be were not pleased, concerned that that strike would lead to a wave of labor unrest they sought to make an example of Carey, and they did.

Other old time union leaders, you know, the company lapdogs, just sat by.

The fact is that the government doesnt care if crooks run the unions, as long as they dont make waves. Carey made waves. Unions are on the take all over the country. Companies pay unions millions in order to save billions. As long as they dont call strikes and help get concessions they can do as they please. Thats why the government has not been enforcing the LMRDA, which requires union officials to report anything of value recieved from companies (LM-30) and companies to report anything of value that they give to a union(LM-10).

UAL, AA and USAIR all gave money to their unions to run concessions campaigns, to my knowlkedge none of them bothered to report it to the DOL as required since 1959.

Edited By Moderator: Please do not post the same material over and over again. This topic was started with your provided link, and there is no need to repost that information “just to be at the top of the US Airways forum.â€￾

Carey was cleaning up the union however he was targeted by the government after the UPS strike.

The UPS strike was the first successful large strike in years, most working people were happy to see that labor still had clout. However the powers at be were not pleased, concerned that that strike would lead to a wave of labor unrest they sought to make an example of Carey, and they did.

The fact is that the government doesnt care if crooks run the unions, as long as they dont make waves. Carey made waves. Unions are on the take all over the country. Companies pay unions millions in order to save billions. As long as they dont call strikes and help get concessions they can do as they please. Thats why the government has not been enforcing the LMRDA, which requires union officials to report anything of value recieved from companies (LM-30) and companies to report anything of value that they give to a union(LM-10).

UAL, AA and USAIR all gave money to their unions to run concessions campaigns, to my knowlkedge none of them bothered to report it to the DOL as required since 1959.

Can you please show or tell us where the evidence is for all these things you are posting as facts.

Edited By Moderator: Please do not post the same material over and over again. This topic was started with your provided link, and there is no need to repost that information “just to be at the top of the US Airways forum.â€￾
yeah,whats wrong with you dude...we got bandwidth issues here.....
look at what you"ve done....

The proof source to support your allegation would be where? The only folks I see who have lost market share faster than US Airways is organized labor.
As you can see piney, there was never a response to your query, as well as a previous poster asking to back up allegations with FACTS.......I'm not supporting certain people in levels of power in corporations who are corrupt, and crooked. We all know they exist at many corpoations...that is not in dispute. However, the fact remains that in many levels of upper union echelons, they are corrupt, and the fact that they do this on the backs of the workers who pay the dues, and are the ones who get the "shaft" when it comes to downsizing, or concessions.....that is where I have issues with. The worker gets the shaft, high ups in the union talk out of both sides of their mouth, the "corporation" gets blamed, the "worker" is left high and dry, and the upper "union reps" keep their high paying "jobs"!!!!! Am I missing something here, or am I just a delussioned individual???

Note to Mods...I apoligise in advance for bringing this topic back "to the top of the U forum".....

GOOD DAY!!!!!

The proof source to support your allegation would be where? The only folks I see who have lost market share faster than US Airways is organized labor.

Do you know what "probably" means? Do you know what allegation means? If I had proof I would have cited links to it. Prove its not

Tuna;
Can you please show or tell us where the evidence is for all these things you are posting as facts.

true.

http://www.laborers.org/Progressive_Jan-98.html.

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/olm...10_advisory.htm

The LMRDA was passed in 1959 yet:

Grace Period

Under a special enforcement policy and grace period, similar to the recent enforcement policy and grace period provided Form LM-30 (Labor Organization Officer and Employee Report) filers, new filers of Form LM-10 will not have to submit reports or maintain records for fiscal years beginning prior to January 1, 2005, even if such reports should have been filed. Specifically, in the interest of achieving greater compliance with the reporting requirements, the Department will not require a new filer to submit reports for any prior years absent extraordinary circumstances. The new filer must submit its report for the first fiscal year beginning on or after January 1, 2005, on time, and without further direction by OLMS. For those who do not take advantage of this special enforcement policy, OLMS will continue to follow its normal practice, in which OLMS may seek reports for the five prior years.

Do you know what "probably" means? Do you know what allegation means? If I had proof I would have cited links to it. Prove its not true.
Soooooo...There is no "proof"(your words, not mine). Typical...try to deflect your personal thougts to another poster to try and "prove you wrong"...."probably"..."allegations".....Nice to see you tryng to squirm out of the hole you dug yourself into, ACE...The facts are there for the taking. Just read, understand, and comprehend....You will eventually see the light. GOOD DAY!!!!!

Soooooo...There is no "proof"(your words, not mine). Typical...try to deflect your personal thougts to another poster to try and "prove you wrong"...."probably"..."allegations".....Nice to see you tryng to squirm out of the hole you dug yourself into, ACE...The facts are there for the taking. Just read, understand, and comprehend....You will eventually see the light. GOOD DAY!!!!!

So are you claiming that Union Facts does not get most of its funding from corporations or foundations set up by corporations or other anti-labor organizations?

http://www.tpmcafe.com/node/26678

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title...for_Union_Facts

http://www.csea813.org/docs/unionfacts.mht

This who owns the domain name, not exactly "grass roots".

http://www.bermanco.com/

So are you claiming that Union Facts does not get most of its funding from corporations or foundations set up by corporations or other anti-labor organizations?

If I'm going to spend my time looking it up you need to make it worth my while.
No, i'm not claiming where the funding comes from. as a matter of fact, look at a previous post from 700. He highlighted where they get their funds from, highlighted 2 of them, but failed to highlite 2 OTHER sources...UNION MEMBERS, AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.....Look, I have been a union member in good standing for over 17 years. Do I have disagreements?? Yes..As well as disagreements with how certain corporations are run. The difference is in the fact that I have no control how BOD's may operate said corporation. I SHOULD have a say in how the union organization should operate. And we all know that is not reality. There is money going around to everyone,corporate execs, union bigwigs, but the little guy gets the reality of getting screwed. Yes Corporate execs go to excess in many situations......so do union thugs, and the bigwigs, that all i'm trying to say...look at both views...

GOOD DAY!!!!!

No, i'm not claiming where the funding comes from. as a matter of fact, look at a previous post from 700. He highlighted where they get their funds from, highlighted 2 of them, but failed to highlite 2 OTHER sources...UNION MEMBERS, AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.....

Well thats what they claim, but they are not willing to release any figures.Why the double standard? Here you have a website that complains about the lack of transparency and Democracy in unions (which for the most part I agree with) yet they keep everything they can about themselves secret.

Look, I have been a union member in good standing for over 17 years. Do I have disagreements?? Yes..As well as disagreements with how certain corporations are run. The difference is in the fact that I have no control how BOD's may operate said corporation.

Really, even if you are a stockholder?

I SHOULD have a say in how the union organization should operate. And we all know that is not reality.

Agreed. But the best way to do that is to get the government to enforce the laws that are already in place. Not to allign yourself with those who want to destroy unions. For two years I've been lobbying to get the DOL to enforce their own rules concerning LM-10s and LM-30s. Their failure to enforce those rules have allowed union officials to freely accept kickbacks from corporations. Last summer they started cracking down on LM-30s, and I just read where they are starting to crack down on LM-10s, notice they gave corporations an extra six months to report. However they are not making them file back reports so whatever kickbacks they got before 2004 they got free and clear.

that all i'm trying to say...look at both views..

Thats not how it came out.

Not sure how a link to a guy using a pen name proves anything

"Jim Larkin is the pen name of a labor activist who has aided Teamster reform activity for the last twenty years"

http://www.laborers.org/Progressive_Jan-98.html.

As to the other link I see no direct evidence pointing out which unions and airlines did or didn't do this.

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/olm...10_advisory.htm

Latest posts