UNION FACTS

READ.....EDUCATE....and make an INFORMED decision. This is NOT meant to be Anti-union....just to further the discussion on unionism, and its benefits VS their weaknesses, whichever union you may, or may not belong to. GOOD DAY!!!!!

http://www.unionfacts.com/

Thanks, its a great site.

Interesting how the spin from the unions is not about the facts exposed about the union, rather, its more about trying to spin a dark conspiracy about who is behind the site.

How typical.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Thanks, its a great site.

Interesting how the spin from the unions is not about the facts exposed about the union, rather, its more about trying to spin a dark conspiracy about who is behind the site.

How typical.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

No "dark conspiracy" just the dark truth behind this anti-union website.

Not very hard to find when you know where to look.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20060215...ation/1560324_1

You want to trust the likes of this individual???

In the end its your choice, just not a very wise one.

Soooooo...There is no "proof"(your words, not mine). Typical...try to deflect your personal thougts to another poster to try and "prove you wrong"...."probably"..."allegations".....Nice to see you tryng to squirm out of the hole you dug yourself into, ACE...The facts are there for the taking. Just read, understand, and comprehend....You will eventually see the light. GOOD DAY!!!!!

Well folks, here yet another union busting crap posting to get rid of unions and upset the balance that was created for labor.

Go ahead...deflect now!!!!

Have folks been watching DELTA. The only union on the property is ALPA and once again the execs in court are trying to get approval for severances packages while their labor force takes major concessions.

Same plan, same place, same station. Using BK to get rid of debt and throw it to the tax payers.

How come NFS you never bring up these injustices of BK that affect the tax payers?

How come NFS you never bring up these injustices of BK that affect the tax payers?
NFS is blinded by his unadulterated hatred of unions, people in unions, the entire union concept. When the working class looks on to the Chinese workers in envy then and only then will people like NFS realize his bizarre logic.

No "dark conspiracy" just the dark truth behind this anti-union website.

Not very hard to find when you know where to look.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20060215...ation/1560324_1

You want to trust the likes of this individual???

In the end its your choice, just not a very wise one.
my, my....the link you provided..."The Nation"??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Now that is where many people go to get the "truth" :lol: :lol:

Seems to me the site has been discredited.

Good work Posters!
Discredited in your eyes only....because you wish it to be discredtited does not mean that it is.

Detecting some hyocrissy here.

If the Government is right to be believed when the DOT report is issued regarding the event at Christmas then doesn't it follow that the information assembled by a web site that cites Federal Government sources for its information also then accurate?

I'm not going to debate the bias of the presentation. I think the web site is an EXCELLENT example of how to take published facts, articles and opinions and present a clearly one sided viewpoint.

But to dismiss it is IMO foolish as there is much for unions to learn from this web site.
Well said Piney.....this was the whole point of my posting this in the first place. But, as usual, There are those certain FEW posters' who want to attack the messenger(me), instead of reading the information provided with an open mind as much as the site may be one-sided, as you succinctly point out. Just as one sided as any union news letter, left leaning news outlets, or ORGANIZATIONS such as Poeple for the American way, or the DNC...Nuff Said!!

NFS is blinded by his unadulterated hatred of unions, people in unions, the entire union concept. When the working class looks on to the Chinese workers in envy then and only then will people like NFS realize his bizarre logic.
hey, snooze...I may have DISAGREEMENTS with the union, and the entire union concept, as you put it. But to come on here and assassinate my character by saying "people in unions" is beyond the topic at hand. You don't know me, pal. I worked for over 17 years with some of the finest mechs in the business, non-union believers, middle of the road, as well as die-hard unionists. Many who know me, knew my thoughts, but we all worked together for one purpose....to get the job done. You see, most RATIONAL people understand that not everyone are robots, and that we all have are own INDIVIDUAL thoughts about whatever the subject may be, including unionism. It's called your beliefs, and opinions, ace. Learn to accept that people may actually disagree with YOUR beliefs and opininons, and maybe you won't be such an angry and miserable individual.

Now about your comment about the working class in the USA looking to the chinese worker with envy....That my friend, is what is truly BIZARRE :lol: :lol: :lol: No more needs to be said about that ridiculous statement!!!!

Post if you wish....Post about the topic of the original thread.......GOOD DAY!!!!!!

They can't post about the actual CONTENT at the website because it is true and comes from actual government reporting, they know that so they are trying to deflect and duck and dodge and weave. So, they attack the messenger, the host of the website.

Its a cheap logical fallacy that anyone who has ever taken a class in persuasion or logic can spot from miles away, and it makes their argument all the more pathetic.

The facts about the unions speak for themselves, everyone should read the reports, and make up your own mind, is that such a radical thing to ask?

They can't post about the actual CONTENT at the website because it is true and comes from actual government reporting, they know that so they are trying to deflect and duck and dodge and weave. So, they attack the messenger, the host of the website.

Its a cheap logical fallacy that anyone who has ever taken a class in persuasion or logic can spot from miles away, and it makes their argument all the more pathetic.

The facts about the unions speak for themselves, everyone should read the reports, and make up your own mind, is that such a radical thing to ask?
Should I DARE say it HP?....."DITTO" to your post :up:

OH no!!!..I must be a robot :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well folks, here yet another union busting crap posting to get rid of unions and upset the balance that was created for labor.

Go ahead...deflect now!!!!
Nice to see you haven't changed PITbull....I must say, though, Your words, "yet another union busting crap posting to get rid of unions"......now that is funny. I never once said that. And because of your response, that tells me that a little itsy bitsy web site from a PRIVATE citizen,(sorry, a known lobbyist), using GOVERNMENT PROVIDED STATISTICAL FACTS, speaks volumes. Why does another viewpoint scare you so much?? Are you afraid of people actually getting another viewpoint other than your drivel that has poisoned these boards over the last several years?? CMon, Bull, I thought you were above that....I suppose I thought wrong.....GOOD DAY!!!!!

Not sure how a link to a guy using a pen name proves anything

"Jim Larkin is the pen name of a labor activist who has aided Teamster reform activity for the last twenty years"

http://www.laborers.org/Progressive_Jan-98.html.

And as he said Carey was part of the reform movement.

As to the other link I see no direct evidence pointing out which unions and airlines did or didn't do this.

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/olm...10_advisory.htm

The link simply states that the law, as far as which airlines and unions did this it was reported in the meda back in 2002 when USAIR paid the IAM over $1 million to run the concessions campaign. The TWU/AA let it out during negotiations and I believe the IAM also accepted money over at UAL for the same reason. Do you claim that it did not happen?

Nice to see you haven't changed PITbull....I must say, though, Your words, "yet another union busting crap posting to get rid of unions"......now that is funny. I never once said that.

You didnt have to. it is what it is.

And because of your response, that tells me that a little itsy bitsy web site from a PRIVATE citizen,(sorry, a known lobbyist), using GOVERNMENT PROVIDED STATISTICAL FACTS, speaks volumes.

Private citizen? Not quite, its from a non-profit corporation. While corporations have misused the 14th amendment to gain the rights of a legal person they are not citizens.

And because of your response, that tells me that a little itsy bitsy web site from a PRIVATE citizen,(sorry, a known lobbyist), using GOVERNMENT PROVIDED STATISTICAL FACTS, speaks volumes.

Even Facts can be prsented in a dishonest way. The way they have those flash statements about the thousands of lawsuits and millions in fines etc imply that all those figures relate to union abuses when in fact many of those fines were against corporations for violating workers rights.Look I spend a good amount of time fighting against union corruption, which certainly does exist, but that site is clearly against all unions.The challenge is to get the laws enforced, not changed.

Why does another viewpoint scare you so much?? Are you afraid of people actually getting another viewpoint other than your drivel that has poisoned these boards over the last several years?? CMon, Bull, I thought you were above that....I suppose I thought wrong.....GOOD DAY!!!!!

Who says it scares anyone? Just making sure it gets the credit its due, thats all.

Why does another viewpoint scare you so much?? Are you afraid of people actually getting another viewpoint other than your drivel that has poisoned these boards over the last several years?? CMon, Bull, I thought you were above that....I suppose I thought wrong.....GOOD DAY!!!!!

Latest posts