US Airways and American Airlines to merge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see an US/AA merger with the outcome of AA adopting the US business model....seems to be keeping US afloat however you want to look at it. And from what I can see, AA is pretty close to that business model already. And with that consolidation it takes another player off the field. JMO

I can see an US/AA merger with the outcome of AA adopting the US business model....seems to be keeping US afloat however you want to look at it. And from what I can see, AA is pretty close to that business model already. And with that consolidation it takes another player off the field. JMO
<_< -----Be carefull of what you wish for!!!!

For whom and what?

Well you'd get a large domestic feed base for the international operations at JFK, allowing it to become a true hub/gateway. You'd get a brand new terminal for domestic service (T5). You'd get a ton of A319/A320's, which AA could use as leverage against Boeing and to speed MD-80 retirement. All of JetBlue's workforce DOH is after the least senior person working at JFK so seniority lists wouldn't be a problem.

Well you'd get a large domestic feed base for the international operations at JFK, allowing it to become a true hub/gateway. You'd get a brand new terminal for domestic service (T5). You'd get a ton of A319/A320's, which AA could use as leverage against Boeing and to speed MD-80 retirement. All of JetBlue's workforce DOH is after the least senior person working at JFK so seniority lists wouldn't be a problem.
We just built a billion dollar terminal at T8... how could we use both terminals?? Plus JB has A320's and E190's A/C..... AA is going to an all Boeing fleet. And the senority issue would be a mess as we are still dealing with our brothers and sisters from the TWA purchase. I dont see this happening any time soon.
I think the next growth spirt will be from AA growing internally. No more airline purchases for AA. If anything AA might buy assets from a fire sale.

You guys can all sit there and type what you want. But no one knows anything about what can and will happen between these two companies except for Doug Parker and Gerard Arpey. Nothing surprises me anymore...Nothing.

You guys can all sit there and type what you want. But no one knows anything about what can and will happen between these two companies except for Doug Parker and Gerard Arpey. Nothing surprises me anymore...Nothing.
You are right about that !!!

It a growing economy, anything goes. In a shrinking economy and rising oil prices there is no chance of AA taking on Usair, its employee problems, its incompatible fleet and the fact that it adds nothing to the bottom line other than more long term debt, and takes away from the focus of this airline.

It a growing economy, anything goes. In a shrinking economy and rising oil prices there is no chance of AA taking on Usair, its employee problems, its incompatible fleet and the fact that it adds nothing to the bottom line other than more long term debt, and takes away from the focus of this airline.
So it's going to happen?

(FA Mikey @ Sep 11 2009, 07:38 AM)

So it's going to happen?

That pretty much sums up everything we've seen at AMR for the past 9 years huh? Always bet on the dumb move and AMR management will surely make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.