US Airways Credit Union

ekjkj

Feb 16, 2006
I was thinking of quiting Piedmont Aviatiov CU because their fees and policies are getting ridiculous, they are putting a seven day hold on pay checks now because people are trying to cash fraudulant checks at shared branch offices, so to remedy this you need to fax your pay stub to them to get your money released. I noticed that the old AWA CU is now US Airways CU and was wondering how people like it, especially people who live out of PHX-Thanks Ed

I was thinking of quiting Piedmont Aviatiov CU because their fees and policies are getting ridiculous, they are putting a seven day hold on pay checks now because people are trying to cash fraudulant checks at shared branch offices, so to remedy this you need to fax your pay stub to them to get your money released. I noticed that the old AWA CU is now US Airways CU and was wondering how people like it, especially people who live out of PHX-Thanks Ed

I'm confused. I thought Clearview Credit Union took over Usairways CU. . . ???

The one in PIT changed their name to Clearview FCU several years ago. I financed a vehicle there once, and while the terms were very attractive, the folks there never seemed too competent.

At one point they lost some documents I needed, and I had to have them FedEx replacements to me. They saw fit to charge me for that, which almost had me kill the deal.

I’ve heard the same type of stories from others as well.

USAirways Credit Union changed their name to Clearview Credit Union several years ago when we were in BK. I can't remember if it was BK1 or BK2.

Anyway, I've always had very good customer service with them. They have always been extremely nice, helpful, and competent. I've been with them for about 19 years. :up:

I have also had excellent customer service experiences with them for 13 years. The service/staff there still seems fairly personalized.
The website is easy to use and there are many ATMS that are in alliance with them and have no additional charges. :up:

USAirways Credit Union changed their name to Clearview Credit Union several years ago when we were in BK. I can't remember if it was BK1 or BK2.

Anyway, I've always had very good customer service with them. They have always been extremely nice, helpful, and competent. I've been with them for about 19 years. :up:

I think they're pretty damn good myself. I've had nothing but great experiences with them. They have always beat the other lending institutions with their lending practices, rates, service, and no fees. ATM has 0 fees the first 8 transactions, checks are free with special checking accounts and no maintained balance, they have a power line to draw from in case you accidentally go negative in your checking account. Home equity line of credit rates are much lower than commercial banks, along with auto loans.

Their VISA cards are 9.5%. I've been with them for 28 years, including throughout my career at USAirways. :up:

I have also had excellent customer service experiences with them for 13 years. The service/staff there still seems fairly personalized.
The website is easy to use and there are many ATMS that are in alliance with them and have no additional charges. :up:
The first post was talking about Piedmont Aviation CU

Not Clearview.... or USAirways....

There is a seperate Credit Union Called Piedmont Aviation Cr..

During the PI/US merger..... the two creditunions could not come to terms to merge together.... and stayed
seperate... and are still seperate....

the US CR changed their name to Clearview...

now theres a USAirways Credit Union in Tempe.... now I think that its the former America West Cr???

The first post was talking about Piedmont Aviation CU

Not Clearview.... or USAirways....

There is a seperate Credit Union Called Piedmont Aviation Cr..

During the PI/US merger..... the two creditunions could not come to terms to merge together.... and stayed
seperate... and are still seperate....

the US CR changed their name to Clearview...

now theres a USAirways Credit Union in Tempe.... now I think that its the former America West Cr???

It's an interesting turn of events.

When we went into bankruptcy, I stopped using the original USAirways Credit Union as my primary bank only because of what I heard the Eastern employees went through during their bankruptcy. Even though their credit union was, like ours, totally independent of the airline, a lot of folks had trouble cashing checks drawn on the "Eastern Airline Credit Union" with the pretty picture of the EAL jets on them. I moved my primary banking needs to a commercial bank, and within weeks, the USAirways Credit Union changed their name to Clearview (probably for the same reason and who could blame them for wanting to distance themselves from the morons running the airline.)

I have always had superb service from the Clearview FCU, and had I known in advance about the name change I would probably still be doing most of my banking there.

I think we are confused. In the first bankrupcy the US Airways FCU changed it's name to Clearview FCU at the request of US Airways. I was online one day and lost the link to Clearview FCU and did a search for it, I inadvertentily typed in US Airways CU and was surprised to find a link for US Airways CU. I clicked on it and found out it was the old AWA CU that was started by some Continental employees and when AWA came into existence they joined that credit union. After the US/AWA merger the credit union changed it's name to US Airways CU becomming the new US Airways CU. I was wondering if anyone belongs to it? and if they do how do they like it?-Ed

It looks like my experience with Clearview FCU was non-typical. A friend who used to work for US had a similar experience with paperwork foul-ups a few months ago, so I guess we were just an anomaly.

One thing was funny though; the reaction from a lady in my insurance agent’s office that there was a financial institution on “Beers School Rdâ€￾ in “Moon Townshipâ€￾. I told her “It’s a ‘Burgh thing, yinz wouldn’t understandâ€￾.

Latest posts