US IAM Fleet Service topic 9/23-

Status
Not open for further replies.
In defense of P.Rez, he was not the one who sold out the field stations. He was already back at work towing airplanes around when that backstabbery took place. The negotiating committee, RR, and Canale are responsible for the current situation in which we find ourselves. When I left PHX, I tried to get RR to commit to protecting the people at the stations. All I got from him was a response that one should never get too comfortable at a field station.

Truth be told, no one in PHX gave a rat's posterior about field stations. When I spoke in defense of field stations, the eyes would roll and there would be that "oh there he goes again with that field station stuff". Some would question the logic of keeping US Airways employees at a station like ICT. Well, the way I see it, when I first started we flew all 737s to ICT. Full 737s. It is not the fault of some rampers in ICT that the clowns in charge can't run an airline. The majority of the people in PHX wanted to see the stations outsourced because it meant more money in their pockets. Not sure about LAS but I'm sure it was the same there.

Now some on this board see irony that some in PHX could be bumped by Lost Vegans. The irony of that irony is that the people being bumped will be those with very little time and don't even know the story behind this shameful debacle. They are just poor schmucks that needed a job. They aren't the culprits. Now when we get to a person with some time in like board member Freedom and he gets bumped out - now that will be irony!

Generally speaking PHX employees don't care about Field stations or even hubs but in all fairness you would probably find that employees in any one city don't necessarily care about people in other cities. I would hope that no other cities would be affected but the reality in this industry is that small cities get outsourced. I have spoken to corporate people in my capacity as GC in PHX and basically get the idea that if the field stations had a B payscale still they would possibly be cost efficient. Now, before anybody attacks me I don't agree with a B scale but the company may not be closing stations if it was still in place. I wish everyone much luck with this furlough.

P. Rez

When are the lists due back?

Nov. 16 and the awards will be distributed by Dec. 16.

Of course, when the "awards" are distributed, one has 2 weeks to report to their new station.

Merry Christmas!
santa_drunk.jpg

It's the same everywhere, no one cares about what happens in another station. "As long as it doesn't affect me, @$%^ those guys!" seems to be the one constant across most airlines.Talk about unity is cheap, anyone can do it, but when it comes time to turn down OT in your station because they downgraded or laid off too many people it goes out the window and they belly up to the OT trough every time.

Layoff means day off is a refrain I heard from many people holding themselves out as "Good union men".

There may be One opening in EWR

25+ years Morning Shift

10+ years early afternoon

everyone else... 1630-0100 shift

And You CANNOT afford to live here on the Salary we earn!

There may be One opening in EWR

25+ years Morning Shift

10+ years early afternoon

everyone else... 1630-0100 shift

And You CANNOT afford to live here on the Salary we earn!

Can we all live together like the people on Friends? When we're not at work we could hang out at a coffee shop and discuss our lives? We could have complex love triangles. When we "grow" as a person we could get our own apartment but directly across the hall from the old apartment. Do you look like Jennifer Aniston or Courtney Cox? :lol:

What has happened to the field stations was something I didn’t predict .

I’m quite worried about people transferring across the country only to get laid off again and then not end up getting unemployment benefits …

As you should be. You were told by senior people on this board what was going to happen but you choose to vote for this contract. Now you live with it.

As you should be. You were told by senior people on this board what was going to happen but you choose to vote for this contract. Now you live with it.

i want to take a moment remind you ,that it was i who told YOU what was going to happen ....

and the question i asked was not me worried for myself but worried for other fleet service employee's ... if us airways goes under and they've transfered to a new state and haven't accrued unemployment benfits in that state, what happens to that person ? i'm posing a question to you that may be revelant in the FUTURE ..

This won't affect him in any way. He has enough seniority at PHX to stay until... well... they do a PIT/LAS on PHX or the airline goes under. He's just crying crocodile tears.

Harry,

Nothing in the TWU contract or IAM contract could stop the company from closing ICT or COS or furloughing due to a reduction in flights. The TWU contract did protect from outsourcing places like TUS etc. but what is to say the company wouldn't have outsourced the work anyway and made the Union take to arbitration. The TWU protection language was not perfect and may have lost in an arbitration. I wish you guys would quit bashing the yes voters for what you believe would have been a better outcome. America West and US Airways management has proven over time the dislike for Union employees and contracts aren't respected. How do you think we are ever going to get solidarity if we always fight amongst ourselves? People made financial decisions based on what they believe. There is no crystal ball.

P. Rez

Harry, you are correct. With the amount time Freedom was on these boards and the amount of posts he made in support of the T.A., he can't plead ignorance now. Although, having spent a year in PHX back in '06-'07, I will agree, most do not give a rats A#@ about field stations.

Perhaps this is one reason why our union is so disorganized. Union leaders cannot claim "solidarity" and "unity" when they don't care about their "brothers and sisters" doing the same work in a smaller outfit. I guess it is true that you are only as strong as your weakest link. Instead of apathy, get everyone on board, and the stength in numbers will have a greater meaning. We pay the same union dues as the hubs, for less representation! Imagine if all the field stations went bye-bye. That would amount to alot of $$ the union would be kissing away. I don't think the IAM would like that. We should be fighting to keep each and everyones job, field station or hub... it doesn't matter!

Harry, you are correct. With the amount time Freedom was on these boards and the amount of posts he made in support of the T.A., he can't plead ignorance now. Although, having spent a year in PHX back in '06-'07, I will agree, most do not give a rats A#@ about field stations.

Perhaps this is one reason why our union is so disorganized. Union leaders cannot claim "solidarity" and "unity" when they don't care about their "brothers and sisters" doing the same work in a smaller outfit. I guess it is true that you are only as strong as your weakest link. Instead of apathy, get everyone on board, and the stength in numbers will have a greater meaning. We pay the same union dues as the hubs, for less representation! Imagine if all the field stations went bye-bye. That would amount to alot of $$ the union would be kissing away. I don't think the IAM would like that. We should be fighting to keep each and everyones job, field station or hub... it doesn't matter!

Bagchucker,

We talked when you were in PHX and I was never afraid to speak my mind with you. I don't know where you currently are located but I wish you the best.

P. Rez

Bag, I believe this was preached, over and over and over, on here from the East coast, the only reason this contract passed is because PHX got to vote at the airport, and pushed this contract through. Many employees tried to get this contracted voted down simply for the outsourcing. However what has happened is the old Union Bosses got voted out and now we have new ones that are stuck with what was given to them to work with and thats what they will improve in next negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back