US Pilot Labor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a nice old lady was traveling to see her grand children and one of your low fiber diet thugs put a roaster in her bag.

Dang Nos! Usually you spew nothing but the same old crap... But man that was funny!!!! I'm still laughing over that one.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What is worse, an MEC and Bill Pollack who gave away your pension without a vote or someone trafficing drugs?

By the way my EX's brother father in law is a pilot and he lost a $2 million annunity cause of the termination, I would say that is more criminal than a few former HP pilots trafficing drugs.

Hmmm...a true, moral dillemma. :blink: At least, it was finally possible to vote one portion of that sorry equation "off the island" :up:

Don't tell me that...EastUS is almost ready to buy me a beer! :up:

I've heard of far, far worse ideas. Heck..mark me down as being good for some rounds sir..even if the first one's only inititally done via: "Gentlemen, you may take your pints and your postions, take three paces, turn and throw/swear/gesture/rant as the case may be, or conduct yourselves as is deemed most appropriate by you both" :lol: How seriously could we take that? It'd have to finally be good for some grins and conversation at least. ;)

IMHO, As I read this labor thread week after week after week- it is going nowhere!! All I seem to read, except for an ocassional welcome topic like knee injuries, is the rehashing of the past over and over again. This is like water under the bridge. Nothing we can do about it. Why not make this aviation board constructive and "WITHOUT GARBAGE DUMPING" come up with some solutions instead of "who did what", "if this would have happened then...", yada,yada,yada!!!!! These last several threads showed some "human side" of us all and I took from it that if we collectively put a certified effort out we could make something positive happen. There are a lot of smart people here, well-informed from both East and West that I respect when personal attacks are not involved.

As I've said before in my few posts- We are failing to recognize the enemy. The enemy is management, the economy, other carriers, etc. Let's fight them instead of our continuing dividing and conquering among ourselves.

Okay, I've vented. I'll shut up now!!!

Hey EastUS:

Roll of the eyes...... Sigh.....
"I want the captain seat..and most of all, I want every single east pilot to pay for it"
"Righteous Position"
"Ho Ho Ho!, St Nic is coming to town!"
"It's ALL about MEEE!"
<_<

There, I took care of your posts for today. Take the rest of the day off and enjoy your Sunday. Hopefully you are home so you can spend it with the family.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong!

Okay then, that settles it!

Show me that I am wrong. I tried to find the original East proposed list, but I guess I deleted it. I remember the east being based on LOS and some east guys having heart burn with that. Anyone else out there remember it that way, or does tazz have me?

I've been wrong once or twice before, so I will admit it if I am. :eek:

Not having been there myself, I can only speculate. Having already received an arbitration award that the west pilots considered to be basically fair,

Question to you machtuck: If USAPA fails to offer a compromise on their DOH mantra prior to a judicial award for the Nic, will you be saying...east missed?
Well, my friend, you're making a few really large assumptions going forward, in my opinion.
Do you recall that ALPA sat on the NIC for almost a year?...ever wonder why? Even ALPA knew that NIC would never fly...thats one of the reasons Wye River was put together....to settle this WITHIN ALPA before it might come unwound...and come unwound it did.

When Freund warned of the potential losses if the West guys didn't cut a deal WITH ALPA at the River, (and they didn't) ALPA warned what might happen if the West didn't lighten up off of the hard ground...it might all be lost by way of DECERT....( of course, ALPA had selfish reasons for not wanting that...) the farm got bet.

You know the rest.

As far as USAPA goes, I didn't get to vote, but they have their own C&BL's...and they won a legal NMB election...they are the legal agent for the pilots of USAirways WEST AND EAST..and while some 1500+ west guys are trying to derail it, they will negotiate OUR new contract with the company.

If they make a misstep about NIC, it is what it is...but thats a little early to call.

Have a great Sunday

Show me that I am wrong. I tried to find the original East proposed list, but I guess I deleted it. I remember the east being based on LOS and some east guys having heart burn with that. Anyone else out there remember it that way, or does tazz have me?

The East's final position was LOS with fences, not DOH. There were a lot of people with heartburn, mostly the previously furloughed who felt they were being tossed under the bus and of course those flying the EMB 170 as well.

The East's final position was LOS with fences, not DOH. There were a lot of people with heartburn, mostly the previously furloughed who felt they were being tossed under the bus and of course those flying the EMB 170 as well.
Yes, indeed....the MDA guys felt sold out, AGAIN, by ALPA....LOS without MDA time is still being litigated, but EVEN THAT wasn't good enough for the cowboys out west at the River...

well...

there's your sign

When you bet the farm and you lose...the farm goes away. ALPA is gone ( for a myriad of reasons) and the proposed merger seniority list ( NIC) is sitting in a drawer somewhere at a lawyers's desk.

without ALPA onsite to fold it into a negotiated contract...it's like the pictures of toys on my fridge...( things I want, but may not get.)

If you think for even one second that Parker hasn't put one of the company lawyers ( or 3 ) all over this by now, you're mistaken...and there it sits...with " no line drawn in the sand..."

Like I said...it is what it is...

Hey EastUS:

Roll of the eyes...... Sigh.....
"I want the captain seat..and most of all, I want every single east pilot to pay for it"
"Righteous Position"
"Ho Ho Ho!, St Nic is coming to town!"
"It's ALL about MEEE!"
<_<

Ah!..Then my work here is done, good people!"..(Attempts an heroic posture, adjusts cape, trips over same, and falls out window into the swimming pool)

We both ommitted one other battle standard, held aloft highly by the west = "No Fences!!" Honestly gentlemen and ladies of the west..you weren't interested in granting any worth to even LOS. Your position was adamant about having immediate access to all east assets in every way possible, and was based upon WHAT, even remotely possible notions of fairness at ANY level? What did any of you seriously imagine in terms of how all of this would actually play out?

Have a good Sunday as well sir.

Ah!..Then my work here is done, good people!"..(Attempts an heroic posture, adjusts cape, trips over same, and falls out window into the swimming pool)

We both ommitted one other battle standard, held aloft highly by the west = "No Fences!!" Honestly gentlemen and ladies of the west..you weren't interested in granting any worth to even LOS. Your position was adamant about having immediate access to all east assets in every way possible, and was based upon WHAT, even remotely possible notions of fairness at ANY level? What did any of you seriously imagine in terms of how all of this would actually play out?

Have a good Sunday as well sir.

You are right. I have no idea what was actually said at those meetings. I probably never will. But I wouldn't think it unfair to suggest that both sides are to blame for this mess... The future on the other hand is what should be of interest. Where will it lead? I don't have a clue. I have opinions but those seem to do nothing more than inflame the masses... So I think we should continue to talk about beer and knee injuries... Or maybe knee injuries that are the result of beer. :up:

Check all of your merger committee updates beginning in October 2005. This has nothing to do with proposed lists and everything to do with negotiating prior to arbitration. The only lists passed back then were the certified lists of each side as required by the alpa merger process.

As a former member of the west merger committee I urge you to read everything you can including the transcripts of the arbitration. I refuse to spoon feed it to you as it is readily available on line. Once you have actually read some material of fact you will, indeed, see how wrong you are.

Check all of your merger committee updates beginning in October 2005. This has nothing to do with proposed lists and everything to do with negotiating prior to arbitration. The only lists passed back then were the certified lists of each side as required by the alpa merger process.

As a former member of the west merger committee I urge you to read everything you can including the transcripts of the arbitration. I refuse to spoon feed it to you as it is readily available on line. Once you have actually read some material of fact you will, indeed, see how wrong you are.

It was offered as a compromise during the arbitration phase, was it not? And to the great fortune of those East pilots that would have been tossed under the bus, it was not accepted and now they enjoy better representation.

I've heard of far, far worse ideas. Heck..mark me down as being good for some rounds sir..even if the first one's only inititally done via: "Gentlemen, you may take your pints and your postions, take three paces, turn and throw/swear/gesture/rant as the case may be, or conduct yourselves as is deemed most appropriate by you both" :lol: How seriously could we take that? It'd have to finally be good for some grins and conversation at least. ;)

No doubt we could have a few laughs. I try to never take anything too seriously; including myself! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back