US Pilots Labor Discussion 1/13- OBSERVE THE RULES OF THE BOARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry bud, most everyone hear is a fairly senior captian, we just happen to support the junior guys, what a concept huh?

The only "fairly senior captain" poster on this board is NYCBusdriver. Most of the others are F/O's or very junior captains.

What's the name of the airline?

And that FAA operating certificate....is it still valid, and was it valid throughout the process? And the AWA operating certificate is where, i.e. which trash can?

That's my point entirely. You are under the impression that you work for the same airline you got hired with and that's not the case, regardless of the name. If the name had been changed to Trans-Global Intergalactic Airlines, Nicolau would have likely ruled the same way. Unfortunately the east feels they are integrating west pilots onto THEIR (east) list, hence the unfounded defensiveness and opposition to a fair and legal integration.

Hopefully the first order of the next merger is to pick an entirely new name and avoid this misperception next time.

Than you need to get out of your little circle of angry F/O’s. As this works its way through court it is getting closer and closer to the end. When the ninth upholds judge Wake you are going to see a lot of east pilots say that they supported the DOH long enough and the junior f/o’s long enough. They did everything they could and allowed it to go to appeal. But it is time to get a new contract now.

They voted for usapa because they thought it was the quicker way to a contract than ALPA. It is now two years and usapa has been unable to deliver DOH or a contract. I think the support for further litigation is done.

Just what YEARS of litigation do you think that you have left? The appeals court is going to rule very soon. I don’t think the will to drag this out to the SCOTUS is there. Besides even if it is the SCOTUS will toss this very quickly. Where do you go from there?

You can vote no as many times as you want, you are but one vote. Your support from the other pilots is shrinking fast. Eventually the east pilots are going to understand and vote for a pay raise and better working conditions.

BTW, I never worked for Mesa, guess you got something else wrong. What seniority did you have? The seniority that allowed you to be furloughed while I had a job? How does that make you senior?
You have no idea of how wrong you are about the F/O group, or even the senior guys. They are not going to give in on the Nic. You are dreaming. Seriously, you have no idea how off you are, and you have no basis to say so. I fly with these guys, many different ones, all the time. You are going to get a NO vote to the end of time. They have been around too long to cave. Most were furloughed, or worked 17 yrs. and had a new hire put ahead of them. They are going to stick it to you when the vote comes. Denied. Sorry, but get ready for a long, protracted war.

Yes, the one who benefitted greatly from DOH, yet throws others under the bus........
Yes, he wants to go back to the coast and commute to PHX he will be have the #1 seniority number in the base, no one can stand to fly with him in CLT I think it would be good for some westies to have to work with him. :lol:

who benefitted greatly from DOH

if DOH is supposed to be such a fair way to integrate seniority, how does one benefit greatly from it? Or is that an admission that it's not necessarily fair and some are seeking to benefit greatly from using DOH?

Jim

Most were furloughed, or worked 17 yrs. and had a new hire put ahead of them.

What do you consider a "new hire". Some one in training, a probationary pilot,,,,,? Because, I cannot see how "most" "had a new hire put ahead of them". As a matter of fact, I would say, none had a "new hire" put ahead of them, because Odell had over 2 years, by the time the Nic came out, which is coincidentaly a few months more than Colello had.

You have no idea of how wrong you are about the F/O group, or even the senior guys. They are not going to give in on the Nic. You are dreaming. Seriously, you have no idea how off you are, and you have no basis to say so. I fly with these guys, many different ones, all the time. You are going to get a NO vote to the end of time. They have been around too long to cave. Most were furloughed, or worked 17 yrs. and had a new hire put ahead of them. They are going to stick it to you when the vote comes. Denied. Sorry, but get ready for a long, protracted war.

You guys have been around to long to cave? Are you serious? :ph34r: Who are you trying to fool. You did buy yourselves some time true enough, but events are catching up to you. And if past is prologue, you will 'cave.'

For those who have a direct line to the mind of all east pilots - Have any of them bothered to call/write their reps demanding a T/A upon which to vote? How can you predict how someone will vote if they show no interest in a vote anyhow?

Doesn't it seem at all strange that you think the senior pilots will suffer indefinitely under LOA 93 just to protect the unfounded fears of those junior to them? Is it rational to think that a pilot would choose to have their reps withhold a T/A just so that an errant vote for more money/better benefits might not accidently occur?

Once USAPA decides to stop chasing their tail and puts forward a T/A then the majority of west pilots will join and combined with those east pilots who see the futility in protecting their fellow pilots from the boogeyman that USAPA created, the contract will pass and things will move on.

As the Dems in Washington are finding out, incremental wins sure beat the loss of an overreaching agenda. The US pilots won't wait until the perfect contract comes along to pass it. They will see that a modified Kirby is a good win and sets the stage for more in the next round. Take 18% now and go for 10% more next time rather than wait until 28% is offered (because it won't and more will come at the expense of some other contract section).

The only "fairly senior captain" poster on this board is NYCBusdriver. Most of the others are F/O's or very junior captains.
Well Well Mr. "my money is on Doug Parker" you can stick me in the top 370 or so and some of the others I know on the board are the same, misinformed again. :huh:

Well Well Mr. "my money is on Doug Parker" you can stick me in the top 370 or so and some of the others I know on the board are the same, misinformed again. :huh:

You are in the top 370? What a bonus!

Thanks a lot Nic for placing 500 plus East pilots above all America West pilots. Looks like a windfall to me.

Sorry bud, most everyone hear is a fairly senior captian, we just happen to support the junior guys, what a concept huh?
Isn’t it interesting that somehow everyone at us airways is fairly senior. But I guess the guys “HERE†that were furlough consider themselves senior, that is what I “HEARâ€.

Kind of like two years ago the whining that we heard that every poster claimed they were going to be the number one wide body captain before the merger, but now will never upgrade or have lost 2000 numbers. How is it that the same guys complaining that they will never upgrade are now the same guy here that are “fairly senior captainsâ€.

If all of you are “fairly senior†then you did not loss any years under Nicolau. But instead what we hear about is the 17 years loss of DOH that Nicolau gave you no value for your time. That is only at the bottom furloughed guys not the 500 placed at the top of the list. †You all will forgive me if I don’t believe you anymore. The BS meter is pegged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back