US Pilots Labor Discussion 1/26- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
...From the start; SWest was a cookie-cutter product of PSA, and imediately established the same basic operational notions:
For a successful non-bankruptcy filled existence as compared to the brilliant "cool northern
efficiency" that set the table for "Agony and Useless" airways.
I must confess I'm a bit embarrassed to share the same legacy with you.

For a successful non-bankruptcy filled existence as compared to the brilliant "cool northern
efficiency" that set the table for "Agony and Useless" airways.
I must confess I'm a bit embarrassed to share the same legacy with you.

Oh Well...We'll both live...."Life's what happens while you're making other plans" :lol:

Yo, "Mr. money is on Doug Parker" aka 924PS congrats on a Saints win tonight, loved the halftime show!!!!

Whoever writes the CLT updates has got to have some seriously big stones...inversely proportional to their brain but seriously big none the less. The Mafia would openly threaten individuals but were smart enough not to publish it in the local paper. They continue to slander at will and expect that there will be no consequences? Idiots. BTW I love, (once again) the situational ethics about the prosecution of what was intended to be private email. When it suits the CLT idiot reps, it's okay to defame. When it's the Cactus 18, it's okay to file Federal Racketeering charges and refer to the 18 as if they've already been convicted. However, when "one of their own's" private emails gets used against them, well then it's just an epic atrocity against the brotherhood. An atrocity that warrants an update that openly and clearly threatens the safety of the accused. I'd love to call them hypocrites but I doubt the Bubba mentality could wrap itself around such a high faluutin' word. Do they realize that this is an Airline Pilots Labor union, not a 1948 West Virginia Coal Miner's Union? Have these reps graduated from high school / (Grad school in NC),?

Well done. Another USAPA masterpiece. Why does USAPA insist on using it's members' dues money to make the opposing attorney's job so easy? Opening itself up to such indefensible liability?

Because their idiots. That's why. This update is the reason why Easties will retire on 1988 payrates in 2010. Mercifully, all the blame for that lies on their own laps.

Would you like to see a split where we both return to our repsepctive financial conditions just prior to the merger? AWA making money with a ATSB loan to service but cash on hand, and US about to go chapter 7. Sure, I will take that deal.

What you want is to split after the cost of the merger has been burdened by the West. You fail to recognize, that the leg up that was afforded the east operation came at the expense of West jobs. Sure, repay those costs and I would gladly say farewell. Otherwise, we can have an understanding about or marriage, we both can pay those costs, for me that means no more AWA rapid advancement higher seniority and better pay/ work rules, and for you that means combined ops and the implementation of the Nic.

Nic,
First let me say THANKS for a reply that addresses my post. Secondly I opologize for the use of the word delusional. Now I see some rationality of your post.

That said, I disagree with your logic. Let me give you an example. As referenced above Usair purchased PSA in 87/88 timeframe. Not a pilot put in a nickle. Sound familiar. Mgt squandered a boatload of cash and ended up with far less than the PSA of early eighties in a very short couple years. These are the cliff notes so as to be brief and by far not the whole story. End result.....guys like the turncoat above advance thru DOH by leaps and bounds.

Now by your logic, all non-psa pilots should now somehow be "made whole" from another Mgt blunder. So in your logic it seems right to ask the turncoat referenced above to somehow pay these infered cost to a say Dean Collello who would not have seen furlough if the turncoat would just leave. Afterall, his planes and many many routes left in short order after his arrival.

Ya see, it's just absurd to expect an employee (pilot) to right the wrongs of mgt actions.
Sadly, were mostly just along for the ride of mgt excellence/shortcomings.
I really do believe your resentment needs to be aimed at corporate morality in the last couple decades.
FA

The sad list could continue for hours, but...the final analysis is that SWest had/still has actually talented, versus just absurdly over-compensated, capable management and even leadership with something that's not to be seen at US..which is VISION.....enough said.

East, I agree with your analysis that SW is talented, reaping the rewards of running a good operation and we don't have the vision to compete.

Typical west Di**H**d, it's just a game!!!! :lol:The time for the Cactus 18 to settle up with USAPA is running out, your in deep do-do!!!!!!

I was just having a little fun celebrating a Saints win. Like you said, just a game, a very good game.

Don't take it so hard....

You mean like you just did? Recite the record then say never bring it up again?

What?

I just don't like the fact that the numerous fatalities US Air has had keeps being used as an argument on this board. I don't think it's right to keep bringing up that morbid fact.

If one needs to bring it up, I suggest focusing on the west's zero fatalities record instead. It focuses more on the positive side of things.

What?

I just don't like the fact that the numerous fatalities US Air has had keeps being used as an argument on this board. I don't think it's right to keep bringing up that morbid fact.

If one needs to bring it up, I suggest focusing on the west's zero fatalities record instead. It focuses more on the positive side of things.

You are so very clever. You must be very proud of yourself.

Nic,
First let me say THANKS for a reply that addresses my post. Secondly I opologize for the use of the word delusional. Now I see some rationality of your post.

That said, I disagree with your logic. Let me give you an example. As referenced above Usair purchased PSA in 87/88 timeframe. Not a pilot put in a nickle. Sound familiar. Mgt squandered a boatload of cash and ended up with far less than the PSA of early eighties in a very short couple years. These are the cliff notes so as to be brief and by far not the whole story. End result.....guys like the turncoat above advance thru DOH by leaps and bounds.

Now by your logic, all non-psa pilots should now somehow be "made whole" from another Mgt blunder. So in your logic it seems right to ask the turncoat referenced above to somehow pay these infered cost to a say Dean Collello who would not have seen furlough if the turncoat would just leave. Afterall, his planes and many many routes left in short order after his arrival.

Ya see, it's just absurd to expect an employee (pilot) to right the wrongs of mgt actions.
Sadly, were mostly just along for the ride of mgt excellence/shortcomings.
I really do believe your resentment needs to be aimed at corporate morality in the last couple decades.
FA
FA,
No problems, as I have explained before, my typical MO is to respond to over the top posts with an equally over the top sometimes almost absurd reply.

In response to the PSA merger I really am not that familiar but would say, each turns on its own merit. The use of DOH in that merger was I am sure a result of the extenuating circumstances involved. Your opinion that a PSA employee benefitted too greatly from DOH is nothing more than your opinion. I am not saying a former PSA pilot should compensate Colello, I am responding to your desire to split away from the West after being afforded 5 years of operations that have caused a stagnation/reduction for the West, in order to achieve.

I have a resentment towards corporate morality in the recent past, but that is something totally seperate from resenting usapa's formation for the purpose of rearranging seniority to benefit the east at my expense.

What's really frightening is that you have outlined in a matter of minutes, and on an anonymous chat board, the secret play book to success. There is nothing secret about SW's success; it's common sense and nothing more. So if Parker and gang, or Greenberg at AIG, or whomever else in the majority of corporate America these days chooses to disregard this "magic" formula and embark on courses that emaciate their respective companies but stuffs their personal bank accounts, then there can be only one logical conclusion about this widespread business practice: it represents the worst of the human condition and is exactly what Karl Marx warned of. Marx couldn't have been more wrong but at the same time couldn't have been more right. America is being looted from within, and therein lies our greatest vulnerability. I wonder if those soldiers at Normandy or the Marines at Iwo Jima could have ever fathomed that their sacrifices would pave the way for world dominance by American corporations that then enabled this horrific draining of world labor and natural resources.

Well stated. Bravo!

What's really frightening is that you have outlined in a matter of minutes, and on an anonymous chat board, the secret play book to success. There is nothing secret about SW's success; it's common sense and nothing more. So if Parker and gang, or Greenberg at AIG, or whomever else in the majority of corporate America these days chooses to disregard this "magic" formula and embark on courses that emaciate their respective companies but stuffs their personal bank accounts, then there can be only one logical conclusion about this widespread business practice: it represents the worst of the human condition and is exactly what Karl Marx warned of. Marx couldn't have been more wrong but at the same time couldn't have been more right. America is being looted from within, and therein lies our greatest vulnerability. I wonder if those soldiers at Normandy or the Marines at Iwo Jima could have ever fathomed that their sacrifices would pave the way for world dominance by American corporations that then enabled this horrific draining of world labor and natural resources.

Aqua, the exchange that you and Eastus had was a great read, even if the subject is something all of us should worry about. I have to ad that the current president is helping the USA to trudge along toward Marxism.

Alexis de Tocqueville may be right. He posited that a democracy can only last about 200 years and he described precisely has been going on since the late 70's. Apparently not many people paid attention to him because the country has continued on to be full of greed and avarice. We threw that borrowed time away.

I don't read here much anymore. I just checked in to see about the storm that is coming tomorrow. It would be ever so nice if all of the correspondence could be like this between you and Eastus was.

Nobody out east believes you about anything. Including who you say you are not. Period.

Well, of course that is your prerogative. But I am being 100% truthful on that matter.

And your credibility is about as solid as the Colt's game plan!

Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back