US Pilots Labor Discussion 1/26- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
You point to Bill Pollock, your own MEC. Those were LOCAL leaders elected by AAA pilots. What did national ALPA have to do with your local problems?

How about you remove the local problem instead of the national organization.

Is that what is going to happen when the world comes crashing down on the east very soon. Blame USAPA and try to start yet another union instead of removing the leadership problem?

No I have a very good understanding of what happened.

It is USAPA and the east pilots that are going to be the next smoking hole.
Hey guys! What went on today at the Addington Trial? I hear the Desert Judge got wind of what is coming down the line, and he didn't want to keep sticking his neck out lest it get lopped off....... First time you guys didn't get a gift windfall ruling. I wonder if one of his judicial friends leaked the news he made the Addington Trial his "hobby" and he was going to have to wait for his fruit to ripen.

Hey guys! What went on today at the Addington Trial? I hear the Desert Judge got wind of what is coming down the line, and he didn't want to keep sticking his neck out lest it get lopped off....... First time you guys didn't get a gift windfall ruling. I wonder if one of his judicial friends leaked the news he made the Addington Trial his "hobby" and he was going to have to wait for his fruit to ripen.

Black Swan,

Something is going on.....a paragraph of USAPA's legal update below.

The judge indicated his interest in staying all proceedings in order to give the Ninth Circuit more time to issue its ruling, noting that if the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals decides that the case was not ripe, then the pending district court proceedings are moot. For this very reason, USAPA’s attorneys agreed that a stay of this nature was warranted. Plaintiffs opposed any further stay and requested that argument and disposition on the pending motions proceed immediately.

Hate

Black Swan,

The judge indicated his interest in staying all proceedings in order to give the Ninth Circuit more time to issue its ruling, noting that if the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals decides that the case was not ripe, then the pending district court proceedings are moot. For this very reason, USAPA’s attorneys agreed that a stay of this nature was warranted. Plaintiffs opposed any further stay and requested that argument and disposition on the pending motions proceed immediately.

Hate

usapa's legal update...................................so it must be so.

The end all of legal information and opinion. Brought to you by the same folks that said the case had no merit.

Flip

usapa's legal update...................................so it must be so.

The end all of legal information and opinion. Brought to you by the same folks that said the case had no merit.

Flip

Flip,

Ripeness has been the issue from day one. Your boy the desert judge was not sleeping well during the trial.........this became a hobby for the judge just like B. Wilder said on his Baptiste & Wilder blog. You guys put the judge in a bad spot. Looks like today was a rough day for the west legal team. Premature Adjudication. How much money do you guys still have to pay your legal team?

Hate

There is the truth and then there is USAPA's story

Here is what the court had to say.

Filed: 02/09/2010
Entered: 02/09/2010
Entered By: SJF,
Event Name(s): Status Conference
Full Docket Text for Document 634:
TEXT-ONLY Minute Entry. Proceedings held before Judge Neil V Wake: Status Conference held on 2/9/2010. Appearances: Marty Harper, Andrew Jacob, Kelly Flood, and Katherine Brown are present for Plaintiffs. Nicholas Granath and Lucas Middlebrook are present for Defendants. Status of the case and the pending appeal are discussed. The Court will issue a ruling shortly regarding a stay. If no stay is entered, oral argument on the pending motions (motion for attorneys' fees, doc. 600; motion to dismiss, doc. 620) will be held on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 2:00 p.m. (Court Reporter Laurie Adams.) This is a TEXT ENTRY ONLY. There is no PDF document associated with this entry. (SJF)

Spin away!

Flip,

Ripeness has been the issue from day one. Your boy the desert judge was not sleeping well during the trial.........this became a hobby for the judge just like B. Wilder said on his Baptiste & Wilder blog. You guys put the judge in a bad spot. Looks like today was a rough day for the west legal team. Premature Adjudication. How much money do you guys still have to pay your legal team?

Hate

Indeed Ripeness has been the issue. If you understand the case then you realize a win on ripeness does not equate to a DOH list. A nine member jury verdict is the forecast of what will happen if you get the Company to go with a DOH list. So why would they only to see another jury verdict that would undo your dream list.

Flip

Black Swan,

Hate
Could one of you supporters please explain why is it that the usapa com only gives one possibility? This says if the case is not found ripe. But what if is found to be ripe?

Why is the other side never even considered?

At least in the LOA 93 snap back updates they say if the company wins.

Does anyone know what happens if the ninth rules in favor of judge Wake?

It simply a matter of putting the cart before the horse. There's nothing more to it than that. The judge felt waiting for the 9th to rule before granting damages (that could be a moving target )makes more sense than going back later to adjust the remedy.

I disagree and feel that if USAPA knew that further appeals were going to cost it big, they might think twice about further frivolous appeals.

Could one of you supporters please explain why is it that the usapa com only gives one possibility? This says if the case is not found ripe. But what if is found to be ripe?

Why is the other side never even considered?

At least in the LOA 93 snap back updates they say if the company wins.

Does anyone know what happens if the ninth rules in favor of judge Wake?

Clear,

The judge would love to spank USAPA and you know it! I remember Bringle saying stuff like...I have been doing this for 33 years and never had a judge tell me that. I bet the judge is starting to realize that he is not going to be the one to change labor law in this country. B. Wilder said the judge got it wrong. This is really going to hurt the westies if it goes USAPA's way. LOA 93 pay restoration will absolutely wreck the west resolve.........I am thinking you guys could be in a jam in just a few months from now.

We don't care if the 9th rules in favor of Wake.......he can never take our vote away from us!

Hate

Clear,

The judge would love to spank USAPA and you know it! I remember Bringle saying stuff like...I have been doing this for 33 years and never had a judge tell me that. I bet the judge is starting to realize that he is not going to be the one to change labor law in this country. B. Wilder said the judge got it wrong. This is really going to hurt the westies if it goes USAPA's way. LOA 93 pay restoration will absolutely wreck the west resolve.........I am thinking you guys could be in a jam in just a few months from now.

We don't care if the 9th rules in favor of Wake.......he can never take our vote away from us!

Hate
Vote for whatever you want, but Nic isn't going away.

The desperation of USAPA, its almost comical.

The judge would love to spank USAPA and you know it!

Then please tell us all why he indicated a desire to push back the legal fees/damages trial till after the 9th rules...why not go right ahead and "spank" USAPA without delay?

You guys are world class pros at reading victory into everything then being disappointed...

Jim

Clear,

Hate
How about answering the question?

Why does USAPA never give the other side of the coin? What if the ninth rules in favor of judge Wake.

What if usapa losses LOA93?

What happens then?

How about answering the question?

Why does USAPA never give the other side of the coin? What if the ninth rules in favor of judge Wake.

What if usapa losses LOA93?

What happens then?

Clear,

Nothing changes. We would just wait for our attrition to kick in and receive our raises from rapid movement up the east list. If the company can stay in business that long!

Hate

USAPA's not real big on Plan B's. It's ironic that pilots who plan for contingencies all the time would be willing to follow such a group (actually just Cleary's Clo(w)nes).

Then please tell us all why he indicated a desire to push back the legal fees/damages trial till after the 9th rules...why not go right ahead and "spank" USAPA without delay?

You guys are world class pros at reading victory into everything then being disappointed...

Jim

Jim,

Did it ever occur to you that the judge may have made some mistakes in this case? Did you ever read B. Wilders comments on his blog?

Legal fees and damages.........Jim, the 9th when Graber asked when did the harm occur?.....What did they do? The heart doctor mentions they put out a memo!

How embarrassing for the judge to be hammering us for legal fees and damages when the 9th launches this thing.

Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts