US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens when the very senior PSA crowd bids to PHX?

This is really a non-event. There are not that many of us left and those that remain have less than 5-7 years until retirement. Not to mention that quite a few are flying the widebodies and don't want to give up the beer in Munich or the girlfriend in Rome.

Now there are non-PSA East pilots that live in Denver and West that might be a factor. But in the long run, not that many. And the West pilots that commute from the East Coast to PHX might like that PHL/CLT/DCA base.

Reactions: 2 people
when I get to DCA on the next bid I will be calling both reps to see where they stand on the NIC...
that's really all that matters.

That's right. A majority of pilots have to remain stagnant for the last 10 or so years of their career just so you can have DOH.

That's right. A majority of pilots have to remain stagnant for the last 10 or so years of their career just so you can have DOH.

Dear I've got mine....screw you,

Give up ur windfall DOH from ur failing psa merger for remainder of career here and then you'll get it oh selfish one!
FA

Reactions: 3 people
PSA was failing? :lol:

Matter of record, look it up. Swa competition resulted in losses and market share. By 1990 after merger usair had little of market share / planes left but all their pilots. Analyst stated bk was possible down road in late 80's.
We merged sli in DOH as it was right thing to do and he displays his gratitude via post here. Makes me wanna puke :(
FA

Reactions: 1 person
West coast airline with personality and cohesive pilot group and a niche market suddenly is on the ropes, and then AAA swoops in and saves the day.

Now where have I heard that before! AAA....the paragon of strength and domination! Not. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
I think it's reasonable to assume that in the aftermath of the LOA93 loss, the reality of working under an injunction for a year more at the very least and the prospect of getting yet more bad news from the DJ - east sentiment is shifting.

No way to accurately measure that shift without a survey or a vote.

I'm not aware of any scientific survey in the works but an election is coming. We'll find out soon enough what the line pilots are thinking, provided the field of candidates is broader than the usual suspects.

I hope to see a group of candidates with slogans ranging from "Give me DOH or give me Death" to "I like NIC" - and everything in between. I'd actually like to see a strong Cleary team, a Compass Coalition team, a PHX/AOL team and even a WWWA team (wish we were ALPA).

At least it would make January/February go by fast and liven things up on this forum.

Matter of record, look it up. Swa competition resulted in losses and market share. By 1990 after merger usair had little of market share / planes left but all their pilots. Analyst stated bk was possible down road in late 80's.
We merged sli in DOH as it was right thing to do and he displays his gratitude via post here. Makes me wanna puke :(
FA

As usual, you are wrong and simply misinformed.

Just prior to USAir/PSA's merger, Southwest was drawing down it's California operation. Then good old Randall Malin, VP of USAirways marketing imposed the "big airline" mentality on the former PSA route system. Herb Kelleher seized the opportunity that USAir handed him and the rest is history. He was able to pursue the same strategy on the East Coast. Witness BWI and Florida markets.

The SLI at PSA/USAir/PI went according to ALPA merger policy, not becuase it was the right thing to do.

As an ironic twist, arguably the most sucessful US Airline, Southwest, has grown from about 50 aircraft in 1988 to over 500 today using the PSA business model it copied from PSA and used in Texas in 1971. Now that makes me wanna puke.

In 1991 when Malin and Schofield held a company wide meeting in SAN to announce the West Coast shutdown, one of the senior PSA Captains, Joe Graham told them "United and Western have tried to put PSA out of business for 30 years....you guys were able to do it in 3........."

In 1991 when Malin and Schofield held a company wide meeting in SAN to announce the West Coast shutdown, one of the senior PSA Captains, Joe Graham told them "United and Western have tried to put PSA out of business for 30 years....you guys were able to do it in 3........."
Just like Spirit opening a pilot base in LAS and taking over all the routes AWA was forced to abandon after absorbing CASM increases of 100% + from AAA. Amazing how history repeats.

Reactions: 4 people
As usual, you are wrong and simply misinformed.

Ps,
Yup , people our age seldom if ever change. Note I never rambled on bout usair mis-management. Tis always been a given. Nice try , but weak attempt at history revision with ur pathetic come back.
FA

I think it's reasonable to assume that in the aftermath of the LOA93 loss, the reality of working under an injunction for a year more at the very least and the prospect of getting yet more bad news from the DJ - east sentiment is shifting.

No way to accurately measure that shift without a survey or a vote.

I'm not aware of any scientific survey in the works but an election is coming. We'll find out soon enough what the line pilots are thinking, provided the field of candidates is broader than the usual suspects.

I hope to see a group of candidates with slogans ranging from "Give me DOH or give me Death" to "I like NIC" - and everything in between. I'd actually like to see a strong Cleary team, a Compass Coalition team, a PHX/AOL team and even a WWWA team (wish we were ALPA).

At least it would make January/February go by fast and liven things up on this forum.
Hey easties, this is an eastie talking here. He disagrees with you. He says things are changing.

So much for the fight till you die mantra.

You DOHers are done.

Hey easties, this is an eastie talking here. He disagrees with you. He says things are changing.

So much for the fight till you die mantra.

You DOHers are done.
We ALL know the wheels have flown off the USAPA cart. It was an inevitability...just like we told those idiots years ago. These die hard uslappy Loyalists are no different than the die hard communists. Just because North Korea and Cuba are communist states hardly means the philosophy is alive and well.

we set our path, way back on this... It is one of fight to the death...
The west does not want a comprimise, so be it...

we fight to the end... and bleed the west of dollars as best we can...

I have never ever made any predictions on here...

Not on LOA 93 or any other matter.

But I'm confident...

the EAST will never vote for a contract with the NIC unmodified.

copy and paste it, save it for another 5 years when this is over.

we have a long way to go... silver, 9th... SCOTUS...
The ninth and SCOTUS.

What makes you think the company is going to care what either of those courts say? They told Silver that the company believes that the T/A and Nicolau is the list. If you have to go to the ninth or SCOTUS it means you lost. the company is not going to wait around another few years for you guys to keep crying. Besides remember what usapa said. They can negotiate seniority . So far I have not seem usapa able to negotiate anything. But if the company says they will not negotiate then what?

Nope the company is getting a legal opinion they are going to get one and walk away. Who cares what the ninth says.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.