USAPA Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on that, it's going to be close. Let's see, 1800 West Pilots plus only 858 East Pilots have to vote for ALPA. Based on what I'm hearing, there may well be 858 East pilots that would like to see ALPA remain their bargaining agent.

Not every one of the individuals that submitted a card will actually vote for USAPA. They have have yet to convince me they can deliver a joint contract that satisfies the concerns of ALL USairways pilots, that includes the West.

1800?..I read 1771...must be a typo.. Good spin on even the small stuff though.

All this negativity from you when someone comes down on your girl!!!! But hey I suppose if that's all you have goin' for ya...

Sniffle....but no matter you big strong Tiger..sigh..I feel safe now that you're here :lol:

On a more related thought: It's going to be truly interesting watching the Alpo "Defense League" in action. Let the Spin begin.

My post only illustrates that USAPA will not be the landslide some predict. It's going to be a close vote.

Either way, LOA 93 will be the order of the day for the East pilots for some time to come. If USAPA prevails, there will not be a new contract in place for at least 2-4 years. With oil spiralling in the $100/barrel range, consolidation looming, a fractionalized pilot group, the window is closing on a contract that presents any gains. What motivation does USAirways management have to conclude negotiations with bankruptcy pay and work rules in effect for the majority of their pilots?

You'll probably get your new bargaining agent after all, but it's going to be a long time before you gain anything from it, and at the end of the day you may still have to live with the Nicolau award, regardless of what the "other guys" are telling you now.

Good luck.

My post only illustrates that USAPA will not be the landslide some predict. It's going to be a close vote.

Either way, LOA 93 will be the order of the day for the East pilots for some time to come. If USAPA prevails, there will not be a new contract in place for at least 2-4 years. With oil spiralling in the $100/barrel range, consolidation looming, a fractionalized pilot group, the window is closing on a contract that presents any gains. What motivation does USAirways management have to conclude negotiations with bankruptcy pay and work rules in effect for the majority of their pilots?

You'll probably get your new bargaining agent after all, but it's going to be a long time before you gain anything from it, and at the end of the day you may still have to live with the Nicolau award, regardless of what the "other guys" are telling you now.

Good luck.

"Let the Spin begin."..and it did so immediately ;)

I see.."the window is closing" is a standard Alpo "managed expectations" approach in the first place. In the second? = Given that it's been well over two years without the slightest forward progress towards any magical mystery Great Contract under Alpo's "leadership"....exactly when was the fantasy date for any such to be forthcoming without USAPA?..and...the only "offer" (as if anyone could trust current management to even sign such) provided a measly 3% or so for the west. That hardly affords the most enthusiastic Alpoid much chest thumping room regarding any "instant contract".

Nos, thanks for putting it in perspective for me. I think we just met another ACPC Quisling for ALPA. I thought that when I saw his response based on an ALPA talking point. Good reply :up:
[/quote

And you sir, are no more than a shill who spends too much of his time spewing the USAPA talking points. You're just the same as the ALPA guys you disparage, with a slightly different agenda.

Nos, thanks for putting it in perspective for me. I think we just met another ACPC Quisling for ALPA. I thought that when I saw his response based on an ALPA talking point. Good reply :up:
[/quote

And you sir, are no more than a shill who spends too much of his time spewing the USAPA talking points. You're just the same as the ALPA guys you disparage, with a slightly different agenda.

Despite any/all mutual Nyaah Nyaahs...Exactly what basis exists for any assumption/fantasy that ALpo was even remotely capable of obtaining, and immediately delivering some "Great Contract"? For over two years the only theme music's been "The Sounds of Silence", but suddenly, all's to be instantly "managed" even with "the window" closing? (The purest, and standard scare tactics and expectable BS from Alpo I'd note).

Good luck.

Once again I have to say maybe. I think you better go back and pull your copy of LOA93. If we're separate and downsizing arrives, look at your protections that come with the LOA. I haven't seen those protections in the west contract. What makes you think the TA to merge will be honored by the company? Jerry Glass says they could have walked away from it back in the summer of 2006. Which makes LOA93 look really good. Now with the dire predictions you see looming, where will the downsizing come from now? I am sure someone will point out my assumptions are wrong, but I do know as long as our lousy LOA is in effect, we do have some amount of downsizing protections.

Good points from the ACPC. We'll have to see won't we? "Other Guys" :lol: :lol: I got you, but good luck to you too. BTW How much FPL have you been getting to post on here also?

Sniffle....but no matter you big strong Tiger..sigh..I feel safe now that you're here :lol:

On a more related thought: It's going to be truly interesting watching the Alpo "Defense League" in action. Let the Spin begin.

It has been suggested that Prater just wants us out of his hair so maybe there will be no campaign... Who knows...

Although I see Parker and the boys in the Tempe tombstone found a CIC clause for their contracts... DEC 4th is some kinda big announcement. Maybe this will all be a moot point.

Do you want to defend yourself regarding my previous post?

Your I got mine attitude and west coast base possibility is your driving force.

It has been suggested that Prater just wants us out of his hair so maybe there will be no campaign... Who knows...

Although I see Parker and the boys in the Tempe tombstone found a CIC clause for their contracts... DEC 4th is some kinda big announcement. Maybe this will all be a moot point.

I can't imagine Alpo not putting up some degree of a fuss, what with all the money at stake. They also stand to see their structure start to slightly crumble by an existing major exiting, and little recent success (none) in obtaining new dues payers from even the regionals. I'd think that their worst nightmare right now would be to see us exit, and succeed in establishing another workable in house union. Plenty of folks from everywhere will be closely watching.

...Hard to figure the 4th as yet. I've doubts that t'll be anything merger related, but I've been wrong sometimes.

[quote name='AAA73Pilot' date='Nov 29 2007, 10:50 PM' post='54858

Good points from the ACPC. We'll have to see won't we? "Other Guys" :lol: :lol: I got you, but good luck to you too. BTW How much FPL have you been getting to post on here also?
[/quote]

Contrary to your assumption, I am not an ACPC member. I get the same flight pay loss as you do for participating on this forum.

And all those so called "protections" in LOA 93 will be trashed just like any other contractual provision the company has found doesn't suit their game plan. "You don't like it, grieve it!"

AAA73Pilot said:
Speaking of trash and grieve are you still cleaning airplanes and loading bags.

N924PS
Rating: 0
View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Posts
Posted on: Dec 25 2004, 03:05 AM

Veteran

Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 3,882

QUOTE(insp89 @ Dec 24 2004, 01:57 PM)
Hey 924,, Is your back broke ? Why don't YOU strap on some kneepads and toss a few bags.......Merry Christmas..

I've already done my part for 2004. Cleaned some cabins, pushed a few wheelchairs, brought up a few strollers, checked on some live animals for concerned customers.

Whatever it takes. Merry Christmas to you as well.

Do you want to defend yourself regarding my previous post?

Your I got mine attitude and west coast base possibility is your driving force.

I've got mine alright. PBGC pension about $2000/month, no company medical insurance as a retiree (thank you 57%'ers). LOA 93 til 2009 and beyond. I'm so lucky. Thanks for reminding me.\

Just because I don't agree with you and don't unconditionally embrace USAPA doesn't make me a coward. Thanks for the epithet though. I must have struck a nerve to stir all you guys up.

You must be really bored to be perusing the archives to find something else to throw at me. What no NFL channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts