What Can The Company Do Or Not Do?

vc10

Advanced
Apr 13, 2004
There have been a lot of posts suggesting that if the IAM rejects the company's last best offer, then the company will somehow impose something worse. Can the company do that? If it can, has it said that it will? Why would the company do that anyway?

Isn't the real choice between the company's last offer with a ratification, and the company's last offer without ratification?

vc10 said:
There have been a lot of posts suggesting that if the IAM rejects the company's last best offer, then the company will somehow impose something worse. Can the company do that? If it can, has it said that it will? Why would the company do that anyway?

Isn't the real choice between the company's last offer with a ratification, and the company's last offer without ratification?
[post="237755"][/post]​

It is pretty simple.. The mechanics can vote yes and vote themselves out of a job or vote no and vote themselves out of a job.

If the mechanics vote no the company can impose anything it wants. It has that right. Essentially all the mechanics will become employee's at will. They will have a union but no contract. Until a contract is agreed upon by both parties the companies rules will apply.

Either way the mechanics lose.. That includes 700.

justaumechanic said:
It is pretty simple.. The mechanics can vote yes and vote themselves out of a job or vote no and vote themselves out of a job.

If the mechanics vote no the company can impose anything it wants. It has that right. Essentially all the mechanics will become employee's at will. They will have a union but no contract. Until a contract is agreed upon by both parties the companies rules will apply.

Either way the mechanics lose.. That includes 700.
[post="237759"][/post]​
Mark it down...IT WILL PASS

Why? Because MANY and I mean many that I talk to just want to get severance, unemployment and move on. They are afraid that if they vote it down these things will go away and why it will pass....Watch and See.

But like on my other post, it won't matter anyway, It's over.

justaumechanic said:
Now your talking 700.. Your getting with the spirit.
[post="237764"][/post]​
700uw is wrong wrong wrong___but his spirit is sure starting to shine again, the depression must be lifting some.

700... your pretty smart..... why not start a company and provide the cleaning services to U and other airlines .. you probably will give your employees a higher salary, better bennefits and work rules than this lousy company ever gave you...

kiloromeo said:
700... your pretty smart..... why not start a company and provide the cleaning services to U and other airlines .. you probably will give your employees a higher salary, better bennefits and work rules than this lousy company ever gave you...
[post="237769"][/post]​
He will need to do something along with the rest of the crowd, that's a given.

I am not depressed Curt, and I am not concerned about my future, I do have a few pans in the fire and the cleaning company is one of them.

700UW said:
I am not depressed Curt, and I am not concerned about my future, I do have a few pans in the fire and the cleaning company is one of them.
[post="237775"][/post]​
Honestly, I hope you make a killing. You will if you put as much heart into it as you did this wasteland.

Curt

Latest posts