what has the association accomplished?

Nope, but it's a separate argument from the class/craft saga.

I meant what I said.

So you’re alright with him (an outsider) telling my fellow employees that they should ignore me and that them having a Card Drive would NOT affect me?

Oh I forgot, you’re also an outsider.

Unbelievable Kev, unbelievable.

I have to admit you motivated me today. Was able to get 54 cards signed in the hgr today!

YAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! God Bless ya Son. One of ya FINALLY figured out my real agenda.

Get out!!!! GO GO GO GO. LEAVE. Please.

And don’t forget to PUMP that Go Fund Me page. This is going to be very expensive to pull off.

WeAAz, the LAA outsourcing number is a percentage of the SPEND....That can be very misleading. The bigger the spend the more outsourcing allowed.

Hey Metal thanks for still talking to me even after swamt said you shouldn’t.

I have a smidgeon of an idea how Maintenance spend works but I will admit that I find it complicated. I was informed that supposedly the numbers in that area really aren’t that far off from Delta and United taken in that context.

Reactions: B737 driver

I have a smidgeon of an idea how Maintenance spend works but I will admit that I find it complicated. I was informed that supposedly the numbers in that area really aren’t that far off from Delta and United taken in that context.
But we were discussing LUV how far off with them?

Oh, I weighed his suggestion heavily;)!
And about that spend percentage. It is not cut and dry like saying 60% of man hours which can be defined and tracked easily.
But when we use a % of spend, it can equate to a higher % of man hours.

Association has successfully:

Prevented membership from a choice in representation

Divided membership into 2 camps with different needs

Collected dues.

And...........

to me, this is where the union has failed me. it has been my experience that a local will back any and every crew chief...due to the simple fact that most executive board/officers are crew chiefs themselves and don't want to lose that power.

Not to hijack the thread, but I am getting that feedback from some pref hired US guys hired at AA stations. Assignments from CC's leading to favoritism, disorganization, or questionable operational coverage. On the US side if Managers regularly create a daily C.F., they will be terminated or reassigned, but to remove a 30-year CC will take an Act of Congress no matter how incompetent.

Post JCBA, I will be very curious to see what system survives with Leads vs. Crew Chiefs.

Not to hijack the thread, but I am getting that feedback from some pref hired US guys hired at AA stations. Assignments from CC's leading to favoritism, disorganization, or questionable operational coverage. On the US side if Managers regularly create a daily C.F., they will be terminated or reassigned, but to remove a 30-year CC will take an Act of Congress no matter how incompetent.

Post JCBA, I will be very curious to see what system survives with Leads vs. Crew Chiefs.
My understanding is CC will prevail.

Not really. Not sure about fleet, but in MX, there is the annual review/evaluation. They can be removed if all the steps are followed.

I dont know the percentages but we have a lot more everybody per aircraft than LUV
We have about 2000 mechanics actually working on airplanes if you remove GSE, Maintenance Control, Inspection, and instructors for 746 aircraft.

Latest posts