What is up with the E190?

PHX PHLyer

Advanced
Nov 22, 2006
A colleague of mine was flying PHL-MHT and return this week and I had told him to book the flight on the E190 and then report back to me with how he liked it. Today when I asked how the E190 was after he had returned, he said that it was not an option when he was booking in either direction. I thought that was strange as I knew that MHT was one of the original destinations to receive E190 flights.

So I looked on FlightAware and noticed that there appears to only be 1 E190 in the system right now doing DFW & BOS runs. It seems like this has been the case for the past few days.

So what happened to the other E190? And I thought that there were now 3 in the system anyways. I know jetBlue and Air Canada had to take some of theirs out of service to get programming fixed...but I figured since US's were so new that the software would have been fixed before their delivery. Is that where they are? Is US having teething problems with the aircraft? Just curious because I was hoping to fly one to PVD coming up and I dont think they are flying there right now.

A friend of mine had a one day on it today. He had 4 legs to fly. It has been changed to a A319. I wil ask him what happened. He is sapposed to do it tomorrow too. It is still showing a 190 though.

I flew on one of them early in the month and there was paint pealing all around the engine root. It was flaking off. I don't know if it was flaking off anywhere else.

I belive N944UW is undergoing an engine change (already) in PHL.

LGA777

The A/C is in for an enigine change due to a 5th stage turbine duct leak that melted some wiring harnesses and caused some VSV (variable stator vanes) damage. The engine is still unser warranty and should be back in service by friday morning.

It's the fact that it's new. When we had the F-100 it was HORRIBLE and the airbus wasn't that great either. Speaking of crappy though, what is the sense of having a drain in the front galley if you can't use it on the E190? If you pour ANY kind of liquid down there it goes into the air conditioning system. Well isn't that great? The plane is full of bugs that keep it running slow.

It's the fact that it's new. When we had the F-100 it was HORRIBLE and the airbus wasn't that great either. Speaking of crappy though, what is the sense of having a drain in the front galley if you can't use it on the E190? If you pour ANY kind of liquid down there it goes into the air conditioning system. Well isn't that great? The plane is full of bugs that keep it running slow.

Are you saying they didn't block off that drain?

DOH!

Thats an Airways thing. They choose the configs of the galley... youd think they would block it off somehow. I wouldn't trust the mainline F/As not to use it. Look at the sinks on the Airbus.

All planes have bugs ang quirks when they are new. Control, Alt, Delete... I think even F/As used to be able to reboot that thing. Maybe if the company used the crews and mechanics that launched the plane and wored it for years they'd have less "getting to know you" problems. Doesnt change anything with the engine though, whats that all about...

Of course any issue is noticeable when you only have three. No one posts daily reports of broken 737s.