Who stays and who goes?

Rogallo

Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
The man who will lead American Airlines after a merger with US Airways expects to announce a new management team before closing the deal, and he'll give American's current executives a chance to stay on.

US Airways CEO Doug Parker says some executives at American, which resisted the merger, won't adapt and they will be replaced.

Who gets shown the door?

A shorter list might be who doesn't get shown the door. If it were up to me, there would be few retained. They've already shown the door to most of the "real" airline people. There's nothing left except the accountants and the sycophants who are adept at giving you the answer you want rather than the answer you need. Well, that is if you are above them in the pecking order. If you are below them in the pecking order, the only answer they give is, "Well, you just don't see the big picture, and there is confidential information that you are not eligible to know and that strongly affects the decisions."

Reactions: 3 people
Since I didn't apply for the job of Chief Online Antagonist of the AA fan club, I can't be fired anyway.
Further, my compensation comes in the form of knowing all of the toes of said fan club that I step on, as evidenced by the continued chorus of boos that come via the post voting system. Based on that measurement, I am a very effective irritant in posting the TRUTH (veritas) that so many have not wanted to see for so long.

Add in the hysterics that so many have about the joint venture between WT and Spectator, and I have to bite my tongue from laughing so hard when I open this site.

I'm not going anywhere. The irrepressible gadfly still has work to do.

Reactions: 3 people
Since I didn't apply for the job of Chief Online Antagonist of the AA fan club, I can't be fired anyway.
Further, my compensation comes in the form of knowing all of the toes of said fan club that I step on, as evidenced by the continued chorus of boos that come via the post voting system. Based on that measurement, I am a very effective irritant in posting the TRUTH (veritas) that so many have not wanted to see for so long.

Add in the hysterics that so many have about the joint venture between WT and Spectator, and I have to bite my tongue from laughing so hard when I open this site.

I'm not going anywhere. The irrepressible gadfly still has work to do.

I whole heartedly approve of this message. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Dont break your arm patting yourself on the back since they are both your screen names.

who said anything about patting anyone anywhere?

this is all about full disclosure and understanding relationships - like who will stay and who will go.

WE are not going anywhere, if for no other reason than for the sport this place provides.

Reactions: 2 people
as much as you would like to think you have a corner on it, frequent travel by air is actually rather common in today's world.

I never claimed to have a corner on it, and I see you've been commuting recently, but that's personal ambition, not a career. While you sit at your kitchen table, hotel room, or student housing writing novellas about how airlines are supposed to be run, the fact still remains I've been getting paid to fly (usually to an airline's HDQ) to actually help them decide which way they could be evolving.

I'd gladly trade places some days. It's a lot easier to go out on a limb when your own name isn't being associated with an opinion. It's another thing entirely to have to write opinions supported by facts and data, and at the same time, accommodate the vision of all the stakeholders involved...

And I'd love the opportunity to finish a JD, but having time for my family is far more important than the letters after my name or a title on some letterhead or a business card.

Sounds to me like you are still trying to prove yourself just like you have been doing for years. Nobody else mentioned degrees or credentials.

Just a quick recap:

I don't really care whether you or anyone else choose to post under your own name. That was your choice, not mine, and not the choice of the vast majority of people on this forum. Your choice, like all, has consequences.

I don't really care what degrees you have or don't or what you do with your family. I don't share my credentials on here and neither do other people which means it is a non-issue to everyone except you. You have struggled for a real long time to understand the concept between what is shared publicly and what is not and your response above demonstrates that you still don't get it.

I don't care where you work and travel and neither do most people on here. This is an aviation chat forum and not about rickshaws in India; not surprisingly, there are a whole lot of people on here who travel around the world. If you want to tout the miles you accumulate flying for business, Flyer Yak is the place for you to hang out.

The topic is about which AA execs will stay and which will go; it's not about you and it's not about me.

Latest posts