Who stays and who goes?

Hit a nerve, eh?

I fuller agree that degrees have no bearing here. And you're the one who brought up travel. I don't flaunt my miles, my status, or my knowledge. I just state facts & data, and poke holes in rumors or bad assumptions.

Reactions: 3 people
Despite the fact that you have been trying for years to make all of these discussions personal, this topic is not about you.

You better believe I have posted all kinds of factual data here - which is probably why some people like Veritas, the loyal AAer who knows all the ins and outs of the company, has had such a field day pushing the red button.

http://www.airlineforums.com/user/56-veritas/

There are HUNDREDS Of pages of negative votes for WT.

Who is he and what IS his-her-its beef?

actually, you did bring up travel, unless you are native to France.

Why would I leave a great job in France (where I'm billable in Euros) for Texas?...

Reactions: 2 people
Quoting out of context, eh? That was in direct response to an earlier suggestion that I'd go back to AA when all the current execs and managers go, which is the topic.

Deflecting onto Veritas? Please. If you're going to talk about hundreds of negative votes for WT, then we need to start discussing hundreds of positive votes from Spectator again....

Seriously, you should probably consider going cold turkey on airlines. You've spent years (and likely tens of thousands of dollars, regardless if it came out of your pocket or via grants/fellowships/scholarships) working towards the advanced degrees applicable to your new career. With all the time you seem to spend on the forums, I have to wonder how much time you have left for your family and your day job.

So, as I stated in my topic, Who stays and who goes?

You two would be a good start!!

Since I already left AA, we're halfway to your goal. The only reason I bother checking in anymore is to see if the TWU has been fired yet...

More on topic -- I wouldn't hold my breath expecting to see an exodus anytime soon. There are only a handful who can claim a change in control provision and bail out early.

AMR already filed on the docket what AA and US agreed to for management severance -- I haven't checked to see if it was approved, but if it is (no reason to believe it won't):

* VPs who stay and get cut within 24 months of closing get two years salary, plus a smattering of compensation they would have gotten under the new LTIP
* MD's who stay and get cut within 24 months of closing get one year salary, plus a similar smattering
* Level 5's plus a handful of 3's, 4's, and 6's are being covered by a KERP, which protects them up to a year from closing

Lots of devils in the details, including what looks like a successor to the much maligned PUP...

http://www.amrcaseinfo.com/pdflib/6800_15463.pdf

Since I already left AA, we're halfway to your goal. The only reason I bother checking in anymore is to see if the TWU has been fired yet...

More on topic -- I wouldn't hold my breath expecting to see an exodus anytime soon. There are only a handful who can claim a change in control provision and bail out early.

AMR already filed on the docket what AA and US agreed to for management severance -- I haven't checked to see if it was approved, but if it is (no reason to believe it won't):

* VPs who stay and get cut within 24 months of closing get two years salary, plus a smattering of compensation they would have gotten under the new LTIP
* MD's who stay and get cut within 24 months of closing get one year salary, plus a similar smattering
* Level 5's plus a handful of 3's, 4's, and 6's are being covered by a KERP, which protects them up to a year from closing

Lots of devils in the details, including what looks like a successor to the much maligned PUP...

http://www.amrcasein.../6800_15463.pdf

Don't care when.
Don't care how.
Don't care how much it costs. They obviously have plenty of cash!!

Fire the current group that has led us down this path for the last 10+ years and start anew!

Reactions: 1 person
The man who will lead American Airlines after a merger with US Airways expects to announce a new management team before closing the deal, and he'll give American's current executives a chance to stay on.

US Airways CEO Doug Parker says some executives at American, which resisted the merger, won't adapt and they will be replaced.

Who gets shown the door?

Good question. You can look at the bios of executives to see how the last merger went.

Flight ops staff who came to Phoenix after the merger were the Senior VP of Flight Ops, VP of flight Ops, Director of Flight Ops.

VP of Labor Relations, former PSA.

This is a link to executive bios:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/aboutus/pressroom/executivebios.html

IMO, one of the best in that crew is Nocella, and the worst is Hemenway. Nocella has had a very good grip on what is going on for a long time, and up to this point has done a remarkable job working with very limited resources. If it weren't for the restricted fleet that US has had, Andrew would have been able to accomplish some decent expansion over the years. I honestly hope that he sticks around for years to come, and given his past I'm sure that Parker is smart enough to keep him. Over the years, I was able to speak with him on a few occasions, and he is very sharp, and doesn't mind speaking with the "common folks" at the airline for their input. Now for
"Big Al", sorry nothing much to say there. But then again, none of the top dogs that came from PSA are noteworthy.

Quoting out of context, eh? That was in direct response to an earlier suggestion that I'd go back to AA when all the current execs and managers go, which is the topic.

Deflecting onto Veritas? Please. If you're going to talk about hundreds of negative votes for WT, then we need to start discussing hundreds of positive votes from Spectator again....

Seriously, you should probably consider going cold turkey on airlines. You've spent years (and likely tens of thousands of dollars, regardless if it came out of your pocket or via grants/fellowships/scholarships) working towards the advanced degrees applicable to your new career. With all the time you seem to spend on the forums, I have to wonder how much time you have left for your family and your day job.
you are such an open book.

Thank you for confirming exactly what I have said all along... you really don't want anyone else challenging you or speaking against you.

You apparently think it is ok for you to have left AA but remain one of its key internet advocates but I am supposed to quit talking about aviation because I don't work in the industry anymore.

I don't think so...

As I noted above, I am not going anywhere WRT this forum and I am committed to shining the Whole Truth on what exists. Veritas should have a similar interest but it has been hiding in the shadows for years, lobbing a steady stream of weapons yet has never bothered to tell us why he/she/it is so fixated on WT.

Reactions: 1 person
IMO, one of the best in that crew is Nocella, and the worst is Hemenway. Nocella has had a very good grip on what is going on for a long time, and up to this point has done a remarkable job working with very limited resources. If it weren't for the restricted fleet that US has had, Andrew would have been able to accomplish some decent expansion over the years. I honestly hope that he sticks around for years to come, and given his past I'm sure that Parker is smart enough to keep him. Over the years, I was able to speak with him on a few occasions, and he is very sharp, and doesn't mind speaking with the "common folks" at the airline for their input. Now for
"Big Al", sorry nothing much to say there. But then again, none of the top dogs that came from PSA are noteworthy.

I just looked at his bio, HP to US Airways and came back with the merger. Interesting how the industry is interrelated and he came full circle. I agree with your views on Al.

Andrew Nocella is US Airways’ senior vice president, marketing and planning. He oversees the airline’s route scheduling and planning functions, advertising, business development, frequent flyers and sales.

Nocella joined US Airways as vice president of scheduling and planning in April 2002 from America West Airlines where he was vice president, planning and scheduling. Previous to America West Airlines, Nocella worked for Continental Airlines in the route planning areas.

Nocella became vice president of revenue management and pricing for
US Airways in July 2003, responsible for all revenue planning and pricing decisions. In February of 2004, Nocella gained the added responsibilities of planning and scheduling to his existing pricing and revenue planning responsibilities and became vice president of network and revenue management. The following year, Nocella was promoted to senior vice president of planning, where he maintained responsibility for planning, pricing and revenue management, and joined the new US Airways after the merger with America West in 2005. He most recently served as senior vice president, schedule planning and alliances.

A graduate of George Mason University, Nocella holds a Bachelor of Science degree in decision sciences.

Hemenway is a major jerk, very arrogant, got his start as a ramp manager. Dealt directly with him in negotiations and in the airbus arbitration, boy was he pissed when he lost that one.

His nickname in negotiations was NVA= No Value Al, when we costed out items, he would say it had no value.

Boda is (or was) a polarizing figure at NW. People either liked her, or spit when saying her name. While I didn't always like what she had to say, I appreciated her no-nonsense demeanor; it's something sorely missing at my current employer.

Adler is still fondly recalled by some F/A's here as well.

Hemenway is a major jerk, very arrogant, got his start as a ramp manager. Dealt directly with him in negotiations and in the airbus arbitration, boy was he pissed when he lost that one.

His nickname in negotiations was NVA= No Value Al, when we costed out items, he would say it had no value.

I've seen Parker go to him when pinned down by tough questions during brown bag meetings. My guess is he retains Al but based on my observations and comments on this forum a change may be in order.

Latest posts