Why there will never be a T.A.

dfw gen

Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
This is a page out of the M.O.U. that formed the association. Paragraph "D" clearly states that both a comittee majority AND both the chair and vice chair must agree to bring a t.a. to vote.
Why would the iam bring anything back? If the company offers anything they dont like i.e. medical,pension,catering,different color toilet paper they have total veto power
Its a little clearer why the company went to jetnet, PROBABLY because half of the association is not very interested in a j.c.b.a.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1527690015576.jpg
    FB_IMG_1527690015576.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 564
There ya have it, WeAAz, the IAM's main concern is medical and their IAMNPF. Where as the TWU is focusing more on scope and job protection.

I agree. And if we put them together and support each other as a team maybe we can see some improvements for both sides on all those issues?

But what if the IAM side was saying that we were holding them hostage to keep jobs because the Company offered to keep the Medical and Pension but wanted OUR current work? How would we be reacting?

Think outside the box Metal and consider the shoe on the other foot?

Oh wait a minute they want the Jobs AND the Medical. I forgot.

Reactions: PIEDMONT784
Because of the September 2017 raise is why.
This is about compensation that is the only reason that most of us work for anyone.I want the most compensation that my union can get me. I have adjusted to 2003 benefit cuts and want an ILC as Parker stated that we deserve.

This is about compensation that is the only reason that most of us work for anyone.I want the most compensation that my union can get me. I have adjusted to 2003 benefit cuts and want an ILC as Parker stated that we deserve.

No. The September raise brought us a little bit higher up on what the Company contributes to our 401k over the contribution to the IAMPF which was set with those 2016 raises.

So how much money yearly do you believe will make you satisfied and full I’m curious though?