Why there will never be a T.A.

That is what I thought. Thank you.
So the point of who was there last week is not in sync with what I said about who made the decision to move forward or not move forward in solidarity with all groups.

Nope.

That is what I thought. Thank you.
So the point of who was there last week is not in sync with what I said about who made the decision to move forward or not move forward in solidarity with all groups.
Not true at all...but no biggie

One more time. The folks who are doing the negotiations face to face right now with the company (I think they are known as the Executive Committee) were not elected by me. I did not have the opportunity to vote any of them. It really is a simple answer to a simple statement. Our system is not set up like your IAM...Now if you're asking me did I get to vote for some of the NC who did negotiate the Bulletin Board and Preamble articles, sure Fa was on the ballot I was able to vote on.
Well then, the discussion was....About moving forward together..Fleet and Mtc and Related and who made THAT decision. It was not about who was present last week or who will be present next week.
THAT decision to stick together...was made in the beginning of negotiations by all of the NCs along with the upper leadership of the IAM and TWU.
So all of Those men were elected by someone somehow. ( understandably some were there that you did not have the opportunity to vote for, or your local Pres that you may or may not have voted for)

One more time. The folks who are doing the negotiations face to face right now with the company (I think they are known as the Executive Committee) were not elected by me. I did not have the opportunity to vote any of them. It really is a simple answer to a simple statement. Our system is not set up like your IAM...Now if you're asking me did I get to vote for some of the NC who did negotiate the Bulletin Board and Preamble articles, sure Fa was on the ballot I was able to vote on.

The IAM also has a system of Delegates for their International Elections as well. The challenger needed to gain 25 Locals to have a General population vote which didn’t occur subject to DOL certification. Next go round I believe challengers need to get 75 Locals?

“Machinists Union members have completed the endorsement process for the election of Grand Lodge Officers. The results from the DOL-supervised election are that over 770 IAM Local Lodges endorsed the incumbent slate and 20 or 21 IAM Local Lodges endorsed opponent slate candidates. More than 97 percent of Lodges nominated the incumbent slate.

IAM Local Lodges endorsed each of the following candidates: Robert Martinez Jr. as International President; Dora Cervantes as General Secretary-Treasurer; and Philip J. Gruber, Gary R. Allen, Sito Pantoja, Mark A. Blondin, James Conigliaro, Rickey Wallace and Brian Bryant as U.S. General Vice Presidents”

“The membership has spoken clearly for a second time,” said International President Bob Martinez. “This union overwhelmingly and decisively endorsed our incumbent slate and the new direction we have charted for Machinists Union families. I look forward to continuing our momentum toward growing and strengthening our union.”

It was decided as A TEAM
Like it or not...we are A TEAM
The only team was and still is the Association and the NMB. They teamed up against the memberships will to have a fair shot at the game of democratic unionism.

The only team was and still is the Association and the NMB. They teamed up against the memberships will to have a fair shot at the game of democratic unionism.

Curious. Do you really believe that the US Government NMB actually conspired with either of the Unions and to what end would they gain?

Did you read the NMB decision why they stated there was no need for a vote to be held?

That’s what I thought. So with 6 presidents there, ( I thought somewhere you said you are from DFW) then B Oyer was there and then replaced by W Fa. ( maybe neither of these gentlemen were your choice, but the majority in Dfw voted them in)
Sorry, but Fa who currently is on the NC, is not part of the face to face negotiations right now and has not been for (how long?) Spin away you two, but the people across from the company have never had my support via vote nor have I had the opportunity to support or reject them via a vote.
Again, real simple comment made by me, and simple facts to back it up...no spin, connecting dots, following trails...I have not cast a vote with any of those guys name on it...PERIOD!

Sorry, but Fa who currently is on the NC, is not part of the face to face negotiations right now and has not been for (how long?) Spin away you two, but the people across from the company have never had my support via vote nor have I had the opportunity to support or reject them via a vote.
Again, real simple comment made by me, and simple facts to back it up...no spin, connecting dots, following trails...I have not cast a vote with any of those guys name on it...PERIOD!

Have you asked Fa what he thinks of those guys Negotiating directly for you? Does he have faith and trust in them?

I know my favorite TWU President does (And it’s not my actual elected President either)

Not the issue..I’ll take you for your word that YOU DID NOT VOTE FOR ANY OF THEM. But someone did or they wouldn’t be there.
Again...... The discussion was who made the decision for ALL groups to move fwd together.
That answer IS what I stated earlier. PERIOD!!!

AANOTOK,

The TWU structure has your local elect delegates to the International convention who you elect. They vote for your International leadership, so you do have a voice per se. Did you actually vote for Alex or anybody else in the International, no, but your elected delegates did!

P. Rez

So is the association. What's your point Mister?
Nevermind, once you've been involved with corrupt industrial unions you'll know.

I guess there’s never been a Mom and Pop Little Class and Craft Union that’s had any corruption. Yea right.

So is the association. What's your point Mister?
Nevermind, once you've been involved with corrupt industrial unions you'll know.
My point: Stick to the discussion and don’t twist to fit your own agenda.

Back