Why there will never be a T.A.

Sorry,,, I don’t understand

A lot of people seem to believe that the Association presented different JCBA proposals to the Company then the ones originally presented in December 2015?

I think the only thing publicly missing from that were the percentages as far as wages and retirement?

When you work in a station like that it is the main topic in the breakroom everytime a suit comes you get a pain in your stomach

Don't think most in those stations realize it. In SJU, they were guaranteed it wasn't going to happen.

I’m saying...if that weee the case....then From the beginning before a TA is reached on any particular article ....like holidays, why wouldn’t the company just publicly make an offer and then according to what you are stating we couldn’t change it? It’s not just about the Airlines proposals. We also have proposals. So if we publicly state we are getting $40.00 DOS, 5 year too out, 20% 401k, etc.. are you saying the company couldn’t do anything about it?

If you're a Member and you see that they offered 10 holidays at 2.5 time do you think your representative should bargain that away for something else? Probably not.

So by the airline making certain things public it doesn't seem like a viable option to bargain those away to benefit something else.

If the 10 holidays at 2.5 was not publicly disclosed it could be used as a bargaining chip or exchanged for something else within the comprehensive proposal, possibly in the scope realm.

Don't think most in those stations realize it. In SJU, they were guaranteed it wasn't going to happen.
Boy things change. We would have schedule change with a couple of aircraft downgraded an the rumors would fly and by the end of the day the rumors would be systemwide

I actually saw that before I asked you where the language is. That does not say “will outsource”
I says Will remained staffed....so long as.....
That means they have the ability to outsource those stations. Vastly different than Will outsource. I also believe, in most cases where the company has the ability to do something...they more often exercise that right..

Good grief.

It says it will implement 1(c), which is the minimum flight threshold to keep a city TWU.

Nice try on your part.

If you're a Member and you see that they offered 10 holidays at 2.5 time do you think your representative should bargain that away for something else? Probably not.

So by the airline making certain things public it doesn't seem like a viable option to bargain those away to benefit something else.

If the 10 holidays at 2.5 was not publicly disclosed it could be used as a bargaining chip or exchanged for something else within the comprehensive proposal, possibly in the scope realm.

Why do you have to propose as if the Association has no say and hasn’t presented their own proposals to the Company for consideration?

You use the term “Bargain those away” as if the last Company offer was already finite and the Associations proposals are dismissed.

Do you have the ability seriously to get your head out of concessionary negotiations?

“Bargain those away” Jeez Louise.

Good grief.

It says it will implement 1(c), which is the minimum flight threshold to keep a city TWU.

Nice try on your part.

Will continue to assign is essentially the same verbiage as will remain staffed.

The connotation is that the Company “can” outsource if they “chose” to but they don’t necessarily “have” to. Not that they “will” absolutely, outsource.

1(c) "The Company will continue to assign American Airlines TWU represented employees in classifications designated by the Company to all stations wherein such TWU represented employees are assigned currently with 5475 and above annual departures..."

The IAM used to be adamant not showing the proposal because everything was subject to change ex one more week vacation= 30 cents an hour...like that
Yes, thank you.. I understand that and agree. But what I meant is...I didn’t understand the response to my message...I asked 2 seperate questions and got that for an answer.

So, I am saying.if what you say is true then....why wouldn’t the company from the very beginning Just make Everything Public?

Will continue to assign is essentially the same verbiage as will remain staffed.

The connotation is that the Company “can” outsource if they “chose” to but they don’t necessarily “have” to. Not that they “will” absolutely.

1(c) "The Company will continue to assign American Airlines TWU represented employees in classifications designated by the Company to all stations wherein such TWU represented employees are assigned currently with 5475 and above annual departures..."
Weez arent they trying to reduce the headcount? Arent they trying to outsource?Doesnt this give them the opportunity? Now I know the LUS flts dont count towards the threshold but if they dodnt work those they would probably be gone

Yes, thank you.. I understand that and agree. But what I meant is...I didn’t understand the response to my message...I asked 2 seperate questions and got that for an answer.
Once made public its difficult to change but of course not written in stone.If a TA came out and didnt have in it what the company publlised there would have to be a lot of explaining from co and union

Back