Will Oneworld lose JAL?

I am curious to see how much additional capital or money AA will invest into JAL. With the way things are going in the airline financial industry this should be interesting. With JAL in BK this is not over by a long shot.

I am curious to see how much additional capital or money AA will invest into JAL. With the way things are going in the airline financial industry this should be interesting. With JAL in BK this is not over by a long shot.
From what ETCI said before investment will not be allow just a partnership but we will see.

Recent news articles have said that the Japanese gov't will not allow investment by the winning alliance. I think the proposed investments were discussed prior to the JAL bankruptcy filing as a way to prevent bankruptcy. Now that JAL has filed, DAL or AA investment isn't as necessary.

Recent news articles have said that the Japanese gov't will not allow investment by the winning alliance. I think the proposed investments were discussed prior to the JAL bankruptcy filing as a way to prevent bankruptcy. Now that JAL has filed, DAL or AA investment isn't as necessary.
Thanks for the grammatical and lexical unit consisting of one or more words that represent distinct concepts.

The next question is whether JAL will be able to stay in business.
They might depending what route they shed and amount competition that DL, UA and ANA are will to do to try to kill it while it comes out of BK and after BK. No matter what type of investment they get if they dont know how to fix their big loses they'll have problem now and in the future.

They might depending what route they shed and amount competition that DL, UA and ANA are will to do to try to kill it while it comes out of BK and after BK. No matter what type of investment they get if they dont know how to fix their big loses they'll have problem now and in the future.

Well, I know that UAL/ANA issued a statement that said they will compete fiercly and basically sit back and watch JAL struggle as they hash it out, and UAL specifically made a comment about how JAL trash talked UAL during their BK, and now they will see exactly how tough it actually is. I guess that kind of goes for OneWorld too, talking about how none of their carriers have entered BK protection and they are "better qualtiy" airlines, LOL, guess not anymore, they are fighting like a schill girl for the Bankrupt airline, Humorous I tell ya. It will be interesting, you can be sure that if JAL chooses AMR, DAL and UAL ANA, will try to kill it off, and it just may work. JAL/DAL combo would pprobably be too strong to kill, but JAL AMR combo is still as weak as it was before.

Well, I know that UAL/ANA issued a statement that said they will compete fiercly and basically sit back and watch JAL struggle as they hash it out, and UAL specifically made a comment about how JAL trash talked UAL during their BK, and now they will see exactly how tough it actually is. I guess that kind of goes for OneWorld too, talking about how none of their carriers have entered BK protection and they are "better qualtiy" airlines, LOL, guess not anymore, they are fighting like a schill girl for the Bankrupt airline, Humorous I tell ya. It will be interesting, you can be sure that if JAL chooses AMR, DAL and UAL ANA, will try to kill it off, and it just may work. JAL/DAL combo would pprobably be too strong to kill, but JAL AMR combo is still as weak as it was before.
Remember AA has deep pockets so dont count on AMR being weak.... JAL along with AA's strong South America present will surely be a strong hold that nobody can bust apart.
Also where do you see Amr being weak with a strong alliance with BA,AA,Quantas,Cathy Pacific,IB and JAL. No weakness here...
I wonder how UAL is going to do now with DAL and AA entering in the Asian markets . UAL better get it's act together because the big boys are coming to town...

Remember AA has deep pockets so dont count on AMR being weak.... JAL along with AA's strong South America present will surely be a strong hold that nobody can bust apart.
Also where do you see Amr being weak with a strong alliance with BA,AA,Quantas,Cathy Pacific,IB and JAL. No weakness here...
I wonder how UAL is going to do now with DAL and AA entering in the Asian markets . UAL better get it's act together because the big boys are coming to town...
Oh maark, u poor misguided thing. Hal is weaker and nothing has made the as/jal. Partnership stronger, if anything its weaker. Ual/ana/Cal is much much stronger than any as/jal. Partner. star and skyteam can connect to south America just as well if not better with Cal and Delta. Also, of amr has such deep pockets then why all the stalling on negotiations. You live in lala land my friend.

NO deep pocket in the airlines with BA and IB merging they have their own problems. Also BA is talks with their FLT crews. AA is in talks with most of their unions. CX would be happy if JAL is gone more market share in asia for them. only ones that need JAL are Quantas and AA. AA needs them for asian market in/out bound NRT feed from JAL. Quantas needs it because they want more market share in asia. AA should slowly increase their presences in the asian markets. Ok about AA strong hold on Latin America is not completely true because you have DL & CO heading south also and gaining ground and that doesn't include the local carriers. Yes JAL is in a tough situation if those airlines deicide to go to war with them. Even with ATI AA and JAL will be weaker than others because AA doesn't share any markets other than the US. CO UA and DL have some type presences in asia. But after we will see what happens.

A Dallas local station is reporting AA and JAL will have an announcement tomorrow stating they are staying in Oneworld.

NO deep pocket in the airlines with BA and IB merging they have their own problems. Also BA is talks with their FLT crews. AA is in talks with most of their unions. CX would be happy if JAL is gone more market share in asia for them. only ones that need JAL are Quantas and AA. AA needs them for asian market in/out bound NRT feed from JAL. Quantas needs it because they want more market share in asia. AA should slowly increase their presences in the asian markets. Ok about AA strong hold on Latin America is not completely true because you have DL & CO heading south also and gaining ground and that doesn't include the local carriers. Yes JAL is in a tough situation if those airlines deicide to go to war with them. Even with ATI AA and JAL will be weaker than others because AA doesn't share any markets other than the US. CO UA and DL have some type presences in asia. But after we will see what happens.
My point being that Oneworld has very strong partners and I dont see this being a weak alliance. With the tie up with AA/BA/IB and now keeping JAL this should be the foundation for some serious growth. AA is talking about taking delivery 0f 100 787-9. Some A/C for replacement and some for growth. Looks like some good news for AA...