Win A 2005 Heli Ops Calendar

Heli Ops

Advanced
Mar 9, 2003
Well the latest calendar is at the printers and have decided to give away 50 to the members of the forum here. It has some great images in this year and the only requirement to get one is as follows.

* Post on this thread why you like the helicopter industry you work in. Or if you are a student why you are looking forward to being part of this merry band.

Its that simple. Make your post then send me a PM with name and postal address. Limit one per member.

Cheers and they will make great Xmas gifts :up:

Heli Ops

P.S. Here is the link to the page showing all of the images in this years calendar.

Helicopters At Work 2005 Calendar Images

Looks like no one wants them. Ok guys disregard the offer. Kyle please delete the post when you visit the site again or if one of the moderators reads this, go ahead and delete the post.

Thanks

Heli Ops

heli-ops, hold on there - its midnite in Canada on the westcoast and 3 am Ontario time - everyone is likely asleep!! I'm sure you'll get some replies come morning.

I already have one coming my way, or else I would be pm'ing you.

Good looking calendar.

I tried to edit my post after I realised the time difference but the way Kyle has this forum set up sucks as you cant edit your own posts once they are made. :down:

Makes it hard if you make a mistake and want to change something.

Heli Ops

Heli Ops, don't despair. There are still plenty of interested people in Canada, I'm sure. Just give them a chance to reply... As for me, I just walked in from the local pub so I'm still up this time of night!

As for why I think that the helicopter industry is great. Well, I've met awesome people all over Canada, I've had a chance to see spectacular places that most people would pay big bucks to see, and I'm getting paid to do something I like that provides me with a decent income while working 4 to 5 months of the year! Beats working 9-5, M-F anytime in my opinion.

Great pictures by the way. Looking forward to seeing your calendar one day.

Cheers!

PIC

I have been employed in the helicopter industry for 32 years now have travelled from coast to coast, spent time in India and several countries in Europe all on the company dime.

It's been a blast and with maybe a small change here and there I would do it all again.

:up: :up: :up:

* Post on this thread why you like the helicopter industry you work in.

Well this should be the easiest thing I have to do today...

What's not to like about this industry? :up:

First and foremost, as a whole, the people I've become accquainted with are generally A-1. :p

Always willing to lend a hand when the chips are down to get the job done, always have somthing constructive to add, even if it is is the competition. <_<

I always ket a big kick out of seeing someones face after flying in one of our beasts for the first time. It's somthing you give and lasts them a lifetime :prop:

We are a small group of people which possess the skills (in varying degrees) :blink: to operate a very versatile piece of equipment that can have huge impacts in other people's lives when called upon.

I've operated lot's of "gear" for various industries, but the Helicopter Industry along with everything that goes with it still #1 in my books!
:up:

While most of my time is military, the family aspect of helicopters is what I like. I've had the pleasure of meeting some people, and its great to fly in somewhere, find someone you know who is there, too, and catch up. I'm now teaching ab initio military students, and it seems like fun so far. Now if I manage to get through without adding too many grey hairs, I'll be happy.

i'm not directly in the industry although i follow it closely. while doing some freelance writing and photography when PS still had corvus, i had the opportunity to meet many members of the industry and still like to maintain close ties with them when i get the chance...

bottom line for me is i just plain like helicopters... always have... always will.. :up:

After 30 years in the industry I can't say that I'd want to change a whole lot I've got great memories of unique people who've become life long friends and I can truely say that overall I've had a great ride.

I think I will echo most of the above points, but the things I like best about our chosen industry is seeing most of this country and meeting many many great people ! :up: :up: :up:

For such a simple question its hard to nail the exact answer. I never intended to be a helicopter pilot when I started my flying career a couple decades ago...it just worked out that way...and I wouldn't change a thing.

Helicopters offer a truly unique experience each and every day. Rarely do I land at an "airport" and 1000 feet and below is the norm for cruise. I fly for forestry during the summer months and its usually me, the machine, a keen forestry crew and a new challenge. You can't beat a good fire, a nearby water source, a shortline bucket, and a few other helicopters in the mix for pure fun. Once everyone finds their groove its magic. Geez, only five months to the start of next season...

Heli Ops,

Greatest experience of this industry, specific to Canada. It has to be the vast area of our operations. I have flown in 10,000' mountains ranges that would put most postcards to shame. I have seen the sun rise in the high arctic at -50C. I have sat in a bug infested swampy muskeg area for hours, waiting for the survey crews. I have flown across the prairies, not much to say! I have flown on all three oceans, surrounding us. I have drank beer with plenty o' pilots from across this country.

I AM CANADIAN!

As a student I'm looking forward to the ever changing veiw from my office window. :up:

Easy to jump all over this request!!!!

My office has lots of windows, lots of fresh air, I am my own boss, and I am doing a job that a very small percentage of people get to do. ( I always hear from people how lucky I am to be flying )

Latest posts