WN Mechanics seek mediation

I know a guy over there and he pretty much made it sound like a prisoner of war death camp on the aircraft maint side. Theres no crew chiefs, just the warden.
If you look around every Airline regardless if is a passenger or freight is changing their maintenance program, unless you are a MRO provider, to do less heavy maintenance. It seems like most of the labor money is spent on keeping the flight crews happy. That's like an NFL teem getting a hotshot quarterback and then they have the salary cap left for maintenance. We eventually get something but it takes forever.

I believe there is validity to Mr. McCrady's latest memorandum but he must accept the fact that it is his team that needs to show movement on scope. I have said many times it makes good business sense to give relief on zero timing checks at an MRO but there's no reason we should have to give up heavier checks beyond 3 and 6Y's for that to be achieved. It's our work to give up and if we choose to retain it Mr. McCrady, that's our contractural prerogative.

Reactions: B737 driver
I believe there is validity to Mr. McCrady's latest memorandum but he must accept the fact that it is his team that needs to show movement on scope. I have said many times it makes good business sense to give relief on zero timing checks at an MRO but there's no reason we should have to give up heavier checks beyond 3 and 6Y's for that to be achieved. It's our work to give up and if we choose to retain it Mr. McCrady, that's our contractural prerogative.
You never want to sell your work, unless there is some huge gain, and their is no huge gain. Plus if they want to contract something out, you need protections for the current head count, and station protections. But the big thing about that, it has to be a continuous protection, like our LOAs or in the language of the contract. Not just for 5 years.

hqdefault.jpg

You saw that too huh? ILMAO--Thx...

I know a guy over there and he pretty much made it sound like a prisoner of war death camp on the aircraft maint side. Theres no crew chiefs, just the warden.
I have spoken with 3 mechanics at UPS. One thing all 3 agree on is it's just getting worse and worse as time goes on over there. They too are going on 6 years and no contract. Been on the meat and potatoes for over a year now. Scope seems to the biggie over there as well.

What you can count on for sure is if talks break down or no agreement is reached we'll be informed by the company proptly that our negotiators are unreasonable and they feel sorry for us.
Or we haven't reach take it or leave it yet with company and there are still some more apples to get

Now that is good news indeed. That is an official update from our NC. Looks like the co. might really be willing to get a deal done, BUT, we will see yet again how true that is and how true Mike V's word is, huh?
Yeah I heard that when I got back from a downline, that they said Brett informed them they agreed to leave the scope in place, now have to work on economics. I am glad they finally have scope done. That is a huge step, that really determines your economics.