WN Mechanics seek mediation

Finally
And now we have a recall of the region 2 director? It should be the 4 Alr"s in my opinion. Just sad.
Finally people are waking up, needs to be all 4 ALRs. Rumor is the company is balking on handing AMFA 91 million-dollars if we ever get a T/A. Because AMFA has more legal expenses, that might have to be paid out of that money. If we approve the contract. So can we finally have a debate on what's going on.

Any details on why he might get recalled? This is the first I have heard anything about a recall.
That would be Will Abott I have no problem with Will, I suspect it's coming from our ALR Cramer, it takes two locals to do a Recall. We don't have a problem with Will where I am at.

That would be Will Abott I have no problem with Will, I suspect it's coming from our ALR Cramer, it takes two locals to do a Recall. We don't have a problem with Will where I am at.
Actually it's coming from the previous Region 2 director and signed off by Local 4 Lec.

Will is a great guy! Honest and straight forward. At the rate their going this whole amfa thing may be on it's way out. I was a supporter from the beginning and still believe in the concept but it seems like when people get too comfortable they start looking out for themselves instead of the membership.

Reactions: B737 driver
Actually it's coming from the previous Region 2 director and signed off by Local 4 Lec.
Could it possibly be that someone is butt hurt from being removed from that position? Or could it be another try at removing mostly all Loc 11 as officer positions? Just thinking out loud here.

Reactions: 737MAX7
Will is a great guy! Honest and straight forward. At the rate their going this whole amfa thing may be on it's way out. I was a supporter from the beginning and still believe in the concept but it seems like when people get too comfortable they start looking out for themselves instead of the membership.
The concept is fine. The problem is preaching scope for all these years. Then you secure scope, and then according to our ALR you want us to vote no because you are chasing a pay scale.You announced an AIP over 2 months ago, and SWA communicated more than our union does.

I agree with your post. I too believe 100% in the concept, but I think it's the people.
BTW, FYI, I just heard that maybe there is a fix in the works over the field tech issues, and some are saying a possible resolve may be coming. Not been verified but hearing little tidbits here and there that seem to add up. When I get more info I will post.

I agree with your post. I too believe 100% in the concept, but I think it's the people.
BTW, FYI, I just heard that maybe there is a fix in the works over the field tech issues, and some are saying a possible resolve may be coming. Not been verified but hearing little tidbits here and there that seem to add up. When I get more info I will post.
They claimed they already resolved the field tech issues, it has to do with control of our bonus money.

Can't say I am not surprised. The pilots 401k is not a match like ours. It is a dirrect contribution in their contract language, so if any other group gets a better match then the me too language applies. You have two additional contracts coming up F/As and Gate agents that is when the me too clause if we pass our new contract would apply. That's what our new language states. As far as the field techs supervisors we have always had the same language for them working for training purposes or emergency purposes. If there is abuse you can grieve it.

Last edited:
So obviously the field tech positions are not settled from this update. Wow, a very few positions is holding up the contract vote. My question is, if JS did promise these positions, why would Nitski block it? I guess it's back to mediation. This will send some folks thru the roof.
BTW, this update differs from a company update someone got today from the co. side. Are we still in the who's blaming who mode? Really?? You got to be kidding me???

Latest posts