WN Mechanics seek mediation

Wow. Some big changes over at AA contract talks. I will let you all go to their thread to read it all, too long to post here. But in a nutshell, only the international exec cmte, company and the mediators are allowed at the table any longer. The reg nego cmte was not informed until arriving in SFO for their first day of nego's. They were blindsided for some reason. Loc 514 and 568 updates reflect that they are not happy with the moves at all.
Here we go again with the industrial union BS. AMFA would be fired in a heartbeat if they did that here. Mechanics have yet to chime in over there yet, but will see.

Please stop posting things that aren’t the truth.

It wasn’t just pulled at the table.

For over a year it’s the executive committee that has been doing the face to face negotiations and that fact has been public record.

Since March of 2017

http://www.usaamerger.com/

Wow. Some big changes over at AA contract talks. I will let you all go to their thread to read it all, too long to post here. But in a nutshell, only the international exec cmte, company and the mediators are allowed at the table any longer. The reg nego cmte was not informed until arriving in SFO for their first day of nego's. They were blindsided for some reason. Loc 514 and 568 updates reflect that they are not happy with the moves at all.
Here we go again with the industrial union BS. AMFA would be fired in a heartbeat if they did that here. Mechanics have yet to chime in over there yet, but will see.
We shouldn't throw stones at American, we are looking at 7 years without a contract. If this was an Industrial union you would be talking about a card drive. In your mind our union is a success, hopefully we get a contract this year. I am sure American wouldn't go 7 years.

Please stop posting things that aren’t the truth.

It wasn’t just pulled at the table.

For over a year it’s the executive committee that has been doing the face to face negotiations and that fact has been public record.

Since March of 2017

http://www.usaamerger.com/

Read the updates. It is true. It was pulled the day they were suppose to go back to the table. Reported by the Pres. of the locals themselves.
Kev is right, it's inexcusable...

Yes the exec cmte was brought in a long time ago, we all know this, but they never once went in without the reg nego cmte, and now they are doing it without any notice to the nego cmte until they arrived in SFO.--Blindsided.

Reactions: Kev3188
We shouldn't throw stones at American, we are looking at 7 years without a contract. If this was an Industrial union you would be talking about a card drive. In your mind our union is a success, hopefully we get a contract this year. I am sure American wouldn't go 7 years.
If we were with our old industrial union we would have had a contract with the companies first offer of no raises and just % of profit raises as was first offered in 2012.

Read the updates. It is true. It was pulled the day they were suppose to go back to the table. Reported by the Pres. of the locals themselves.
Kev is right, it's inexcusable...

Yes the exec cmte was brought in a long time ago, we all know this, but they never once went in without the reg nego cmte, and now they are doing it without any notice to the nego cmte until they arrived in SFO.--Blindsided.
Dude you have no idea what you are talking about.

Since 1/17 the whole committee wasn’t in the room.

Please stop posting false information.

Go ask Charlie Brown or PREZ back on the AA board.

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about.

Since 1/17 the whole committee wasn’t in the room.

Please stop posting false information.

Go ask Charlie Brown or PREZ back on the AA board.
Actually. After further checking. We are both wrong. After going over all updates since Nov 2016 I have found some interesting updates.
Yes I was wrong stating they were recently removed. However it has not been since Jan 2017 it actually (according to the updates) occurred around mid 2017 not Jan. All updates starting mid 2017 indicate "EC" only updates. But it seems as if it was quietly done and no announcement was made that threg NC was removed.
Now, WHY were they removed? 2 years later and still nothing.
Why would the elected NC be removed. Now I would fully understand IF the EC joined the reg NC to help expedite contract talks, but to remove the entire reg NC is absolutely wrong and not fair to the membership at large.
Again I do apologise as I was under the influence that the EC and regNC were working together at the table. I still feel very strong that the membership is not being correctly represented by the international level moving in and removing the elected NC from the table. I guess we will all see what this EC agrees to with the company when the T/A comes out and then everyone will know what was agreed to.
On a second note: If this asso. would give better detailed information there would be no confusion. Lack of communication is a key element to a very organized and strong support from your membership. An uninformed membership is the exact opposite.
I will add this to other threads as well, but please answer why this was done and where was it ever announced in writing that the EC was the only ones at the table?? Again sorry for the confusion and misinformation.

If we were with our old industrial union we would have had a contract with the companies first offer of no raises and just % of profit raises as was first offered in 2012.

So swamp rat when do you officially hit 7 years. And thank you for firing shots to start up our WAR again. I guess you just don’t have the ability to even think about living in Peace.

AMFA sucks!!!!!! (You started the fight back up)

36A57F32-DF9B-426B-84C6-2AF717BAC47C.png

Reactions: an-amt
Hey swamp rat why did your Union takendown the Negotiations Clock Count? What is it too embarrassing to be at over 2300 days and counting?

I bet AMFA gets you to 5000 days.

As negotiations continue today SW reported another year of profits and expect stellar performance this year.

GARY KELLY-
"Based on current revenue trends, our cost outlook, and energy futures, we are currently expecting a strong first quarter 2019 financial performance. We are well-positioned to generate stellar annual after-tax returns on capital in 2019, barring any unforeseen events. Our outlook is bright thanks to the never-ending commitment of our superb People to deliver low fares and great service.

https://www.swamedia.com/releases/r...profit-46th-consecutive-year-of-profitability

Reactions: swamt
Agree Birdman. 4th Q was also a stellar Q with a 10% + more profit than expected. When last Q was around 1.75% more than expected. Huge positive Q to end 2018. And as you pointed out that GK said, 2019 will be even bigger year especially when we get Hawaii going in 2019. I have always said 2018 and beyond would be the best time to get a new contract done as far as covering the cost of the contract for the co.
Can't wait to see the PS %'s for 2018.

Below is an article that just came out yesterday prior to our talks.
SWA wants to blame (pretty much) 100% of gov. shutdown (now) on Hawaii delays currently. And AMFA seems to be including all factors. Aside from the gov. shutdown, there is also the AG investigation still going on as well as an agreement on ETOPS still open. I still think like this article points out that the FAA would be much more willing to release the approvals for ETOPS with an agreement with the mechanics of the airline of WHO will be doing the ETOPS maint. and repairs. It really is a no brainer, co. just doesn't want the mechanics to think that they hold any leverage when we do.
It may very well be delayed do to the shutdown, but it's not the only delay like SWA wants everyone to believe...

Southwest Airlines and mechanics get back to bargaining

Well, just from the tax reform itself will more than help pay for our new contract. It's a no brainer to get this done in the first Q 2019 so the cost hit won't even be felt.
Per GK, it's time to "invest" in employees and get the mechanics a contract. Quote below from GK after 2018 earnings report:

"Tax savings from the 2017 tax reform legislation contributed hundreds of millions toward our earnings and record operating cash flow in 2018, and we continued to invest in our People and our Company, while providing $2.3 billion in returns to our Shareholders during 2018."

Latest posts