WN Mechanics seek mediation

About right. Here’s the 2017 LM-2 figures in a nutshell:
Total assets- $2,185,680
Total liabilities- $312,344
Total receipts- $4,680,314
Total disbursements- $4,571,724
Total membership- 3,357
So your intake is 4.6 million a year, you pay out 4.5 million leaving a cash flow of $109,000 out of revenues. So your reserves of 2.2 million, no strike fund, so no strike vote. So if you got an injunction , and the judge fined you say 7.5 million , bankruptcy. Leaving the poor Alaska guys and us defenseless. Almost like the Confederate charge at Gettysburg. So this tells me our negotiating committee will end up making a deal. For the long term survival of AMFA.

So your intake is 4.6 million a year, you pay out 4.5 million leaving a cash flow of $109,000 out of revenues. So your reserves of 2.2 million, no strike fund, so no strike vote. So if you got an injunction , and the judge fined you say 7.5 million , bankruptcy. Leaving the poor Alaska guys and us defenseless. Almost like the Confederate charge at Gettysburg. So this tells me our negotiating committee will end up making a deal. For the long term survival of AMFA.
Put all the little red x s you guys want, still doesn't change reality.

I can say this DGAF our local FESDO guy has been here everynight. Our stock was down to $51 today. Both sides need to get this done, and move on.
I'm hoping our new guy, which has comitted to being there will have the keys to the wall safe and be able to up the ante and move both sides to a deal that every can live with. When you only meet once a month for 2 days it gets real depressing to say, Awwww F$%^, another month of BS. Over and over and over again....

I'm hoping our new guy, which has comitted to being there will have the keys to the wall safe and be able to up the ante and move both sides to a deal that every can live with. When you only meet once a month for 2 days it gets real depressing to say, Awwww F$%^, another month of BS. Over and over and over again....
Either that or I make $46.77 an hour the next 2 years,-and try to pick up some overtime to keep up with inflation.

Don’t count on it. This is just another one of GK’s soldiers that will plea for unlimited international outsourcing. You don’t climb from tail washer to vp without being a blank blank. Watch what they do, not what they say. If he had such pull, he would have stopped SWA from slapping that lawsuit on us. How can you laser focus for a couple days a month. More smoke is going to be blown around to keep this being delayed. They’ll say a couple nice things and schedule another couple days to keep jerking our chains. It’s worked for 6 1/2 years it will work for a couple more.

You ask that they would turn around and be the end of the conversation. Off the record when we get this behind us, we need to ask for the books and see where AMFA really is financially, almost like an economic stress test like the Feds do for the banks. If we have paid to much in legal fees, we need the Law firm SWAPA uses. If we determine they can't financially function to fight grievances and arbitrations, then and only then should we seek a new union. It needs to be the right business decision and not based on emotions. We need what is best for us ,as a group.
Are you fking kidding? Everyone knows (the ones that really do attend meetings) you can get the exact info you are requesting. At every monthly meeting the finances are discussed, and each and every dime is accounted for, and at the end of the report he always says, "if anyone would like to see the record or look at the books, feel free to contact me to set an appointment and we will go through all the books and records you would like to see and read".
Don't even try that crap driver. You know very well AMFA is totally transparent on the funds and money.
But very interesting post you post now. You are claiming now that you have no clue how much money is available, and yet you have posted that SWA will drain AMFA of all their monies with all these suits, and yet, even YOU have no clue how much money is in there. That's just great, your true colors just came out. YOU really DO NOT have a clue about AMFA's finances, you were just spouting off that AMFA would go broke while fighting all the suits. AMAZING. Never did you think AMFA just might win most if not all the suits and get reimbursed for all legal fees huh driver. Dam you make this easy...

Just take a look at the LM-2 report every Union has to file. It’s online for all to see. I looked at AMFA’s LM-2 for 2017 the other day. We paid Seham 359 thousand and change for legal fees that year. We paid 5 thousand for a mx competition event and over 6 grand to AEI. It’s very detailed right down to the hotels that were used.
Exactly. The info is out there.
Tell him to go get it himself, I am tired of spoon feeding people.

Don’t count on it. This is just another one of GK’s soldiers that will plea for unlimited international outsourcing. You don’t climb from tail washer to vp without being a blank blank. Watch what they do, not what they say. If he had such pull, he would have stopped SWA from slapping that lawsuit on us. How can you laser focus for a couple days a month. More smoke is going to be blown around to keep this being delayed. They’ll say a couple nice things and schedule another couple days to keep jerking our chains. It’s worked for 6 1/2 years it will work for a couple more.

Yes, we are all taking this "new guy" with a grain of salt to say the least. If it's unlimited international outsourcing, I, as well as many others, will say no.
The suits are all just chess moves and no concern.
Now the FAA has chimed in, first time in history that the FAA has gotten involved with a contract dispute, per Mr. Mann himself. A very stern letter from the FAA to both Southwest and AMFA to get this done and over with at these next nego's.
I have never, ever heard of the FAA sending letters for both sides to come to terms on a contract. This is huge gentlemen.
Here are some articles that hit the news waves:

F.A.A. Cautions Southwest Airlines and Mechanics Union in Contract ...

Southwest Gets FAA Safety-Risk Warning Over Feud With Mechanics ...

FAA: Southwest Airlines spat with mechanics raises safety concerns

Ok. Now with all the recent news coming out.
AMFA files countersuit. Again, when does this crap stop?
Any hoot, I hope all of you have a great weekend and we can get some good news next week. We are hoping. The company is promising. The FAA is pushing. Both sides are suing. AMFA better not stop an offer coming out to the membership. And, we have some great weather coming this weekend, so, enjoy this weekend and lets get ready for the next week of nego's. Will it get done? No clue. Could it get done? Of course it could. As long as cooler heads prevail.
Whoever holds up us getting an agreement for us, the membership, to vote on, will lose in the long run.
I am talking to both sides here, get in there and get it done people, or we will all be sadly disappointed for life. Does Southwest really want that? I would think not as none of us do.

Ok. Now with all the recent news coming out.
AMFA files countersuit. Again, when does this crap stop?
Any hoot, I hope all of you have a great weekend and we can get some good news next week. We are hoping. The company is promising. The FAA is pushing. Both sides are suing. AMFA better not stop an offer coming out to the membership. And, we have some great weather coming this weekend, so, enjoy this weekend and lets get ready for the next week of nego's. Will it get done? No clue. Could it get done? Of course it could. As long as cooler heads prevail.
Whoever holds up us getting an agreement for us, the membership, to vote on, will lose in the long run.
I am talking to both sides here, get in there and get it done people, or we will all be sadly disappointed for life. Does Southwest really want that? I would think not as none of us do.
One thing I have to admit. Bret is a stand-up guy. He’s going toe to toe with these big shots are our behalf. For that we should all be grateful. It’s like negotiating with the North Koreans.

Are you fking kidding? Everyone knows (the ones that really do attend meetings) you can get the exact info you are requesting. At every monthly meeting the finances are discussed, and each and every dime is accounted for, and at the end of the report he always says, "if anyone would like to see the record or look at the books, feel free to contact me to set an appointment and we will go through all the books and records you would like to see and read".
Don't even try that crap driver. You know very well AMFA is totally transparent on the funds and money.
But very interesting post you post now. You are claiming now that you have no clue how much money is available, and yet you have posted that SWA will drain AMFA of all their monies with all these suits, and yet, even YOU have no clue how much money is in there. That's just great, your true colors just came out. YOU really DO NOT have a clue about AMFA's finances, you were just spouting off that AMFA would go broke while fighting all the suits. AMAZING. Never did you think AMFA just might win most if not all the suits and get reimbursed for all legal fees huh driver. Dam you make this easy...
You just don't get it Local 4 had $500,000 in reserves. Last quarter meeting in end of 2018. So yes I go to the meetings. You just can't stand it, anytime someone points out sometime not to your liking. I do not know what the reserves of Local 11, 18, or 32 . Get a clue before you attack. Let me give you a clue how business works. Our Union is a business just like SWA, our revenues have hardly changed, except when SWA hires more mechanics so more money. You have the normal cost of business proceeds. Lawsuits after lawsuits defending or filed are not the normal cost of your business and eat into your reserves.

Last edited:
Yes
One thing I have to admit. Bret is a stand-up guy. He’s going toe to toe with these big shots are our behalf. For that we should all be grateful. It’s like negotiating with the North Koreans.
Yes.
And I like how the union is only answering in the media when the company goes to the media to try and gain support in their favor. Southwest is the one that started all this media reporting on nego's first. And as Brett has stated, he will not nego or fight this out in the media or public, but they will in the courts where it belongs.
We really are hearing of some movement coming next week. I do not want to discuss any of here publicly as that might deter some of it from coming true. The co is taking steps that appear that they do want to get this done and out of the way. New negotiator coming in with the power to make the real decisions right there and then and has the support from Gary to do so (as he has said). We have also heard of possible "hat trick" coming to the table (I will explain that later after it happens or don't happen at the table). Also hearing that quite possibly might be entertaining slight tweaks to the duty times.
Other movements come from the gov. with the mediators supervisor attending, and with the FAA stepping in and strongly encouraging this to come to a conclusion will help things move along.
I have also heard that some of the ALR's have also said they are ready to get this done. At this point I am concerned about one or maybe even two that might try to continue to be stubborn and quite possibly on an agenda with one of them (pretty sure you all know who that is). Just remember, cooler heads will prevail, let's not blow this. If the company shows positive changes at the table AMFA better do the same or the mediator's sup. just might decide to step it up a notch. I have heard she is coming because she is not happy with the games that have been playing out. So, get in there guys and get it done. I don't care if you guys have to pull all nighters, it would be well worth it if we have it concluded by the end of next week and get back to our happy lives and move forward with growth and prosperity.
I have also heard of some really good news for the mechanics if and after they get this done and I hope that is relayed at the table next week, it would really help to move things along.
The guys are anxious, tired, frustrated, beat down, disappointed, pissed off, stressing etc., you name it. The time is now to get this done and over with.
Good luck to all involved at the table on all three sides.
I honestly will be praying for a good outcome come by Fri.
Good luck to all of us...

Reactions: dgaf
That
You just don't get it Local 4 had $500,000 in reserves. Last quarter meeting in end of 2018. So yes I go to the meetings. You just can't stand it, anytime someone points out sometime not to your liking. I do not know what the reserves of Local 11, 18, or 32 . Get a clue before you attack.
That's just one local. And by the way, that was way more than the teamsters ever reported for local 19 in Grapevine Tx., and at the very end they were negative $$$ in their funds. loc 11 has been pretty positive not sure about the others. For the size of AMFA compared to the other unions, they are doing very well. I grant to you that we are not 1.0 plus million large like your teamsters, but not doing as bad as some are trying to make it look like. A lot of folks that hate AMFA are just upset with how well they have been doing with the smallest size of any of the unions out there. Remember when AMFA first got here, they were all saying AMFA has no money and would be BK in a matter of months if not weeks. And they still are well over 10 plus years.
You know what driver, it takes money to fight for a good contract, it takes money to fend off the company's games, it takes money to defend the co. "unlimited" funds with their propaganda machine (just ask the Pilots). At least AMFA is standing up and fighting and not just caving and agreeing with the co behind closed doors like the teamsters did twice to us. And don't even try to say they did not, I was there when it happened as were many others including strong supporting teamsters witnessed it along with us.
AMFA is not broke. Besides, if they would get us a new contract the income will increase greatly at DOS and at the end of the 5 year deal, plus after hiring more mechanics once a new contract is done...

Reactions: B737 driver

Latest posts