WN Mechanics seek mediation

Are you referring to Jim Sturgis? 7 year employee I think. He was the latest I saw yesterday but deleted it already. I have no clue if he was in compliance or not.
Jim joined Southwest Airlines seven years ago yesterday—on April 2, 2012—taking on a new role as Southwest's Managing Director of Quality, Programs, and Maintenance Safety. Jim has provided Leadership for the Quality Assurance, Aircraft Programs, and Maintenance Safety Teams and has served as the liaison and point of contact with the FAA concerning all regulatory affairs relative to Southwest Maintenance. Jim has been a valued and well respected member of our Tech Ops Team, and his work and contributions, especially with our Mosaic efforts, is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: swamt
Hey DGAF, who was that in compliance I saw was retiring, I deleted the email. Was he on your wish list?
Pretty much as the others have replied here bud, Jim Sturgis, Managing Director QA Aircraft Standards. Don't know Jim personally, but when it comes to QA, I'm not surprised, the whole skyline program was a complete mess. Also will not be surprised to see more "Decided to retire to pursue the next chapter in their lives" coming to an email near you, lol.

Pretty much as the others have replied here bud, Jim Sturgis, Managing Director QA Aircraft Standards. Don't know Jim personally, but when it comes to QA, I'm not surprised, the whole skyline program was a complete mess. Also will not be surprised to see more "Decided to retire to pursue the next chapter in their lives" coming to an email near you, lol.
One can only hope.

Because someone has to. Wow! That's really good smart antics if you ask me. LOL. Same level as, always vote NO on the first offer. Really? That's a C'mon man moment right there.

I was just talking to one of my friends over at AA, and all of you guys are the talk of the town over there. I don't mean this website, I mean how long we have gone without a contract and where we have been to get to where we are. Obviously no illegal job actions took place, no sick outs, no strikes or walk outs, we just did our jobs and and ensured the rules they bestowed on us are followed and safety/compliance was not sacrificed. Those poor guys have over 4 years with no contract and said, they look at us as a proud and shining example of making it happen. Nice job guys!

I was just talking to one of my friends over at AA, and all of you guys are the talk of the town over there. I don't mean this website, I mean how long we have gone without a contract and where we have been to get to where we are. Obviously no illegal job actions took place, no sick outs, no strikes or walk outs, we just did our jobs and and ensured the rules they bestowed on us are followed and safety/compliance was not sacrificed. Those poor guys have over 4 years with no contract and said, they look at us as a proud and shining example of making it happen. Nice job guys!
Does anyone know when they are supposed to email our backpay numbers? I feel our American brotherhood in arms, will have to follow their rules to move the football.

Wow! I got goosebumps. Tell them thx for the kudos. It was a long time to the end, still not quite there yet, but t least we do see the finish line ahead of us. Different time frame now days, things have to be done legally, efficiently and above all with the the most safety in mind for our passengers as well as for each other and employees.
The co. was desperately trying to force the union to pull some sort of job action illegally so that they could of moved onto to their next play within their playbook of trying to cave the union. This did not work, and the co's attempt failed big time so it took a third party to come in and get it done.
Really hope you guys can use our agreement to help you all out.

Does anyone know when they are supposed to email our backpay numbers? I feel our American brotherhood in arms, will have to follow their rules to move the football.
Haven't heard as of yet.
Your probably correct on our American brothers.

The company just gave the pay info to our economist apr 5th. I’ve heard it could be any time til May 1st to get the numbers.

Hey look. We are still getting blamed for the grounded aircraft from legit maint write ups. They failed to report how they (planners I think) removed the inspection paperwork from the packages on the overnighters for the cargo panels and tape.
And everyone knows, including the co., who did in fact say so, that missing row placards DO NOT ground an aircraft, but SWA was successful in making the media believe that as well as the tray tables. C'mon man.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...t-t.aspx/RK=2/RS=ErVA__l4oOuQZB3m1fTGvg44ZuQ-

Reactions: B737 driver
Hey look. We are still getting blamed for the grounded aircraft from legit maint write ups. They failed to report how they (planners I think) removed the inspection paperwork from the packages on the overnighters for the cargo panels and tape.
And everyone knows, including the co., who did in fact say so, that missing row placards DO NOT ground an aircraft, but SWA was successful in making the media believe that as well as the tray tables. C'mon man.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9IlWApaxclZYAahZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByYnR1Zmd1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1554847232/RO=10/RU=https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/04/08/is-southwest-airlines-stock-a-buy-warren-buffett-t.aspx/RK=2/RS=ErVA__l4oOuQZB3m1fTGvg44ZuQ-
Funny my out of service screen didn't show any missing placards. It showed unscheduled engine changes, lightning strikes, ground damage. Don't worry on the ETOPS pre departure checks, you are supposed to sign that the cargo bins have no damage, part of that 180 mins fire protection rules, but what would I know.

Wow! I got goosebumps. Tell them thx for the kudos. It was a long time to the end, still not quite there yet, but t least we do see the finish line ahead of us. Different time frame now days, things have to be done legally, efficiently and above all with the the most safety in mind for our passengers as well as for each other and employees.
The co. was desperately trying to force the union to pull some sort of job action illegally so that they could of moved onto to their next play within their playbook of trying to cave the union. This did not work, and the co's attempt failed big time so it took a third party to come in and get it done.
Really hope you guys can use our agreement to help you all out.
Spoke to Dan Burgess he said ballot instructions will be mailed out April 24 th, new ballot company, voting would be through May 21 st. So it can be certified by May. They expect it to pass. Your retro pay from April first would be in the June 5th check if ratified. The other retro would be paid the 145.5 million 60 days after ratification. The last except what is held back of the 14.5 million for people terminated would probably be paid by Aug or Sept. The economist still crunching everyone's individuals numbers. Had all kind of good things to say about Kinder. He is thinking he will be Nickelodeon's replacement.

Spoke to Dan Burgess he said ballot instructions will be mailed out April 24 th, new ballot company, voting would be through May 21 st. So it can be certified by May. They expect it to pass. Your retro pay from April first would be in the June 5th check if ratified. The other retro would be paid the 145.5 million 60 days after ratification. The last except what is held back of the 14.5 million for people terminated would probably be paid by Aug or Sept. The economist still crunching everyone's individuals numbers. Had all kind of good things to say about Kinder. He is thinking he will be Nickelodeon's replacement.
Nice!
So our first retro is June 5th. Second retro will be around mid to late July, and then final payment in Aug or Sep.? How sweet does that sound?
I think Kinder would make a great VP over maint. And he should be considered if the chance comes up.
He definitely deserves a pat on the back for coming in here (new guy) and getting an agreement to vote on in one 3-5 day session. The other two groups from the company failed to do so for 6 1/2 years.
Maybe we could outsource him out over to AA to help their mechanics get an agreement?? Sorry guys, couldn't resist.
BTW here's the unions update on the vote dates:

AMFA – SWA 2nd AMT Tentative Agreement Ratification Referendum Notice
April 9, 2019 -- The AMFA – Southwest Airlines (SWA) Negotiating Committee has requested a system-wide referendum regarding a Tentative Agreement (TA). The complete text of the TA was emailed to each member’s company email address for your review and consideration on March 27, 2019. Votes for this referendum will be cast using ElectionBuddy election software.
Read More