WN Mechanics seek mediation

It will basically come to this, they AMFA will not allow it to get to self help. It will go maybe another year, not much past that, a deal will be done, people will complain, but it will pass.People will claim they didn't vote for it, when they really did. Do we keep AMFA after that, probably, who knows.
AMFA won the election in January 2003, receiving the votes of 805 of 1751 eligible voters. Not a majority! They were riding high back then. Today is different. Things just ain't working out. I'm patient. I think if they produce a decent TA they should stay. If they don't, they should leave.

AMFA won the election in January 2003, receiving the votes of 805 of 1751 eligible voters. Not a majority! They were riding high back then. Today is different. Things just ain't working out. I'm patient. I think if they produce a decent TA they should stay. If they don't, they should leave.
Well I went to the road shows, I understand their position afraid of giving the store away for money. Who knows when people will say just give me a deal. It's not like they are not trying, anyone care to have any imput.

Well I went to the road shows, I understand their position afraid of giving the store away for money. Who knows when people will say just give me a deal. It's not like they are not trying, anyone care to have any imput.
I understand our position too. Heavily outsourced, a couple thousand mechanics, with a fleet of over 700 aircraft and no leverage at the table. An independent union, mechanics negotiating, complete control, democracy, you can remove elected officials, autonomy, and all that other pablum that has got us nowhere.
So we have reverted to lawsuits. All SWA has to do is put a 4 man station in Hawaii and that lawsuit is done. No leverage gained with that. Now what?

I understand our position too. Heavily outsourced, a couple thousand mechanics, with a fleet of over 700 aircraft and no leverage at the table. An independent union, mechanics negotiating, complete control, democracy, you can remove elected officials, autonomy, and all that other pablum that has got us nowhere.
So we have reverted to lawsuits. All SWA has to do is put a 4 man station in Hawaii and that lawsuit is done. No leverage gained with that. Now what?
It's the million dollar question, it will come down to making a deal, just to be done. Is it good enough to pass. That's what the membership will decide.

I’ve worked for an airline that didn’t heavily outsource, had over 12,000 mechanics and 700+ aircraft, had no leverage at the table, an AFLCIO dependant union, non-mechanic negotiators, no control or democracy, and all that other pablum that got us the worst concessions in aviation mechanic history and you have a problem with AMFA??

I’ve worked for an airline that didn’t heavily outsource, had over 12,000 mechanics and 700+ aircraft, had no leverage at the table, an AFLCIO dependant union, non-mechanic negotiators, no control or democracy, and all that other pablum that got us the worst concessions in aviation mechanic history and you have a problem with AMFA??
I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt. I think the problem is most people are not involved. If you missed the road shows, I encourage you to go to your next local union meeting, and ask the ALR questions.

I have no problem with AMFA, TWU, IBT, IAM, etc...The name on the door is meaningless to me. If a union can't produce they should be gone in short order. Card drives should be common. Don't keep them comfortable! Dues and legal fees keep flowing and the workers get the shaft.

I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt. I think the problem is most people are not involved. If you missed the road shows, I encourage you to go to your next local union meeting, and ask the ALR questions.
Of course that's the problem! The vast majority give a flying saucer who the union is, alr, director, etc...they pay dues and want results. Just look at the percentages of members voting. It's in the teens. In case anybody didn't notice, unionism is dead in this country and the airlines know it. That's why they are not bargaining. Everybody is frightened to strike or just have an strike autilization vote.

Of course that's the problem! The vast majority give a flying saucer who the union is, alr, director, etc...they pay dues and want results. Just look at the percentages of members voting. It's in the teens. In case anybody didn't notice, unionism is dead in this country and the airlines know it. That's why they are not bargaining. Everybody is frightened to strike or just have an strike autilization vote.
The reason for that is you can be replaced, so you either take a so so deal, or you sit.

I know, go figure huh?

B42942E9-9B3A-4DB7-B800-01B7F17BEF43.jpeg

Latest posts