Your Choise

DIE with the OLD (IAM) or GROWwith the NEW (IBT)

• YES>>>>IBT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES>>>>IAM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No union is perfect. The fact is that the IAM is on its way out of the aviation business. The IBT is still hanging in there and their eyes seem to be open and are willing to change. The days of the "old union attitude" are limited. If I must choose then the IBT is for me. :)

3 t6 1 :up:

GO IBT GO

sorry Dell MR70 thing don't look good here.
Ok... out of curiosity what has the IBT done for you?

I don't have a dog in this fight but I've been a member in both the IBT and the IAM and IMO the IBT is the weakest union I have ever been associated with.

The one thing Dell Dude and 700 cant say (at least to my knowledge) is that they've been to the hanger in PHX, I have. I've seen your working conditions. I've had several opportunities to talk to mechanics, stock clerks and ramp agents and they all say the same thing. Their over worked and under paid! Why else would the turnover rate be so high?

I don't have a dog in this fight but I've been a member in both the IBT and the IAM and IMO the IBT is the weakest union I have ever been associated with.
The IBT Have Kept US From Getting GREEDY and Have Helped us Negotiate Our First Contract,After Franke and The Boys Tried to Prevent a UNION from Entering AWA. They Have Become A AIRLINE Driven Union,and DO Have Some GOOD Contracts to Back What they Stand For. I am Sure If You Talk To A UPS Mechanic you will find out They Are Happy with them,(IBT). I Agree with Gonzo and The 5 Yr Tech The Differance's of Current contract $ DOLLARS,Compareing the Language and What it means for Money and Benifits,Hands down for The IBT,Union. Yes FOR IBT, Teamster's.

The IBT Have Kept US From Getting GREEDY and Have Helped us Negotiate Our First Contract,After Franke and The Boys Tried to Prevent a UNION from Entering AWA. They Have Become A AIRLINE Driven Union,and DO Have Some GOOD Contracts to Back What they Stand For. I am Sure If You Talk To A UPS Mechanic you will find out They Are Happy with them,(IBT). I Agree with Gonzo and The 5 Yr Tech The Differance's of Current contract $ DOLLARS,Compareing the Language and What it means for Money and Benifits,Hands down for The IBT,Union. Yes FOR IBT, Teamster's.
Mick out of curiousity how long have you been with AWA? Can you honestly say that a newly hired mechanic can buy a house and feed a family on what AWA currently pays its mechanics in PHX?

Mick out of curiousity how long have you been with AWA? Can you honestly say that a newly hired mechanic can buy a house and feed a family on what AWA currently pays its mechanics in PHX?
I Have No Problem,Let Me Ask You A Question!Could you Buy a House and Support a Family When you Were a ROOKIE,and First started a Carreer in Aviation? Did you think that all that HYPE that The A&P schools told you was true that WE WOULD BE MAKING $40.00/HR.Oh That is Wright some Techs Are Making That Kind Of Money.UPS. WITH The Teamsters.

The one thing Dell Dude and 700 cant say (at least to my knowledge) is that they've been to the hanger in PHX, I have. I've seen your working conditions. I've had several opportunities to talk to mechanics, stock clerks and ramp agents and they all say the same thing. Their over worked and under paid! Why else would the turnover rate be so high?
Yes This Industry is WAY DIVIDED.The Question is HOW DO WE GET THE AIRLINE PEOPLE TOGETHER and Stop the Fighting and UNITE! We Need to Band Together or they will take us all to the CLEANERS,and take all of our Retirements and CONTRACT'S,One Way is To WEATHER THE STORM THAT WE ARE IN. Maintain a Product like SWA has They are still strong and GROWING.,That has Been our strength when you compete against SWA you have Learned to PROVIDE THE PEOPLE THAT LIKE TO FLY WITH SOMETHING,Or they Would not come Back and Fly Your Airline.That is why I Attribute Not Getting Greedy With MONEY,ETC:WE have also Evolved in this Modern 21st Century. Lets Continue to SURVIVE the STORMS.I DO Not want to Be like NWA. And Have NO JOB.MWW How DID you know My name ?

Yes This Industry is WAY DIVIDED.The Question is HOW DO WE GET THE AIRLINE PEOPLE TOGETHER and Stop the Fighting and UNITE! We Need to Band Together or they will take us all to the CLEANERS,and take all of our Retirements and CONTRACT'S,One Way is To WEATHER THE STORM THAT WE ARE IN. Maintain a Product like SWA has They are still strong and GROWING.,That has Been our strength when you compete against SWA you have Learned to PROVIDE THE PEOPLE THAT LIKE TO FLY WITH SOMETHING,Or they Would not come Back and Fly Your Airline.That is why I Attribute Not Getting Greedy With MONEY,ETC:WE have also Evolved in this Modern 21st Century. Lets Continue to SURVIVE the STORMS.I DO Not want to Be like NWA. And Have NO JOB.MWW How DID you know My name ?
Southwest's expansion into Philadelphia and Pittsburgh put enormous financial pressure on US Airways (LCC.N: Quote, Profile, Research) at two of its hubs while it fought for its survival in bankruptcy. The carrier nearly collapsed, before it reached a deal last spring to merge with America West Airlines.

SEE What We Have Had To Deal With For the Last 23 Years. All It Did Was Make US WORK SMARTER AND KEEP OUR FLYING PEOPLE AND NOT GETTING GREEDY CAN SURE ADD TO WEATHERING THE STORM'S. MWW.

I Have No Problem,Let Me Ask You A Question!Could you Buy a House and Support a Family When you Were a ROOKIE,and First started a Carreer in Aviation? Did you think that all that HYPE that The A&P schools told you was true that WE WOULD BE MAKING $40.00/HR.Oh That is Wright some Techs Are Making That Kind Of Money.UPS. WITH The Teamsters.
Actually I bought a house 7 months AFTER I started working in aviation but then again I no longer work for U and have never worked for AWA.

Comparing UPS with the new US Airways or any other airline is like comparing apples to oranges. Flying freight from point a to point b is much more lucrative than flying passengers.

Actually I bought a house 7 months AFTER I started working in aviation but then again I no longer work for U and have never worked for AWA.

Comparing UPS with the new US Airways or any other airline is like comparing apples to oranges. Flying freight from point a to point b is much more lucrative than flying passengers.
Any one Can Buy A Home Is It A RED NECK STYLE, Or Perhaps a Trailer? Sorry About The Negative Humor Just could not resist a Poke @ Pride. MWW

Status
Not open for further replies.