1,700 layoffs announced

This is pointless, but I feel like it needs to be said.

What you're seeing here is FURY because none of this nickel/diming crap would be necessary if they had just done the right thing to begin with.

I won't list all of the debacles, you all know them.

The fact is, these people have arrogantly, obliviously and unconscionably pursued the lowest common denominator and now they're in trouble, so they're starting to dig.

Imagine if DP had quickly settled with labor. Would have been cheaper and morale would have kept us from the "worst airline in the world" status. Imagine if he had gone for quality instead of cheap with the RES system and there wasn't that melt down and customer loss. Imagine if he had just shown our FFs respect and recognized their value.

Oil still would have gone up. Costs still would have risen and we'd be sitting in mud, but he'd have the employees behind him and the FF cushion to weather the storm.

Now, he has none of this and to see a once reasonably happy company come to this inspires one thing: FURY.

So yes, US is in serious trouble and by default so are a lot of employees. And yes, this stuff has become necessary, because due to their actions they have no where to go but down. How does one get out of a cyclone anyway?

My wife (a kettle when it comes to flying), when I was telling her about the PR, made a good point about the bag fees. Since you have to do a transaction (whether cash or CC), won't that slow down the check-in lines further, meaning you need more agents to help assist pax with bags??

I read somewhere where WN did a study on this and the cost for the above and slower plane turn would outway the $$$$ generated

Well then WN MUST, MUST, MUST be wrong right? :lol: The other carriers along with US especially will never learn. :rolleyes:

Do you all know that the company has absolutely NO IDEA on how they are going to charge for soft beverages? They know they needed to implement this knee jerk idea but have NO IDEA on how they are going to do it. Inventory every soda on every mainline jet? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS! ! ! Also as for taking inventoried soda on your overnight......I use 3 for a long overnight so that will be 3 comped to the cute guy. Sorry this isn't gonna fly all that well.

Do you think the castle has thought of:
I want a Jack and a splash or coke is this two drinks
If above is no how do you inventory
How do you inventory between flights with changing crews on one hour flights
How to you serve a full 737 on 50 minute flights noting your competion is doing it, serving booze free to your FF, and the FA's are required to come back and ask if you want seconds when you got to "ring up" all this cash and CC's
What is you point of sale system, do they take CC's as is consistent with the other airlines
I am stuck on the tarmac for 5 hours do you comp drinks, if so how do you inventory
Will there be policies and procedures and training before this is implemented
Are you going to be trained to handle the ...what you want $2 for a lousy cup of coffee in the morning.
For $2 do I get a green lime or is that extra as well

Well then WN MUST, MUST, MUST be wrong right? :lol: The other carriers along with US especially will never learn. :rolleyes:
Ryanair in Europe is a low fare carrier that has been charging for everything since their start and makes a profit.
Is Dougie on to something or will passengers in the USA simply not buy?

US Airways was the biggest percentage gainer -- up 40 cents, or 14.9 percent, at $3.09. On Thursday the carrier said it try to offset rising fuel costs by cutting 1,700 jobs and joining other airlines charging passengers $15 to check their first bag. Merrill Lynch upgraded US Airways to "Buy" from "Neutral."

There's your plan "B" Freedom. PHX is next. Enjoy that raise now, September is coming soon, then it's back to bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly.

PSA, Piedmont, Empire, and now AWA. Gone and soon forgotten.

US Airways was the biggest percentage gainer -- up 40 cents, or 14.9 percent, at $3.09. On Thursday the carrier said it try to offset rising fuel costs by cutting 1,700 jobs and joining other airlines charging passengers $15 to check their first bag. Merrill Lynch upgraded US Airways to "Buy" from "Neutral."
WHAT?!? An airline implementing fees to cover the costs of daily operations? Unacceptable! I am an American, and I am entitled! Gimme Gimme Gimme!

Where do I complain???!!

Latest posts