10/30 Ft. Worth Star-telegram

Hackman

Veteran
Sep 30, 2003
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/business/10051860.htm

Written by Trebor Bansetter, one of AA's favorite company men in the newspaper business.

"He pointed out (Mike Boyd, an airline consultant) that United Airlines and Us Airways both got bogged down in bankruptcy and have not been able to make cuts deeper than American's out-of-court restructuring".

AA has the deepest paycuts and concessions, we still can't make it. AA will be coming after our pensions next. The twu will sellout again and let it happen. Concessions for jobs (dues) is all the twu International cares about. Now we see the layoffs coming again. What will the twu sell next? Has Do-little taken a pay cut? HELL NO!!!! In fact he got a raise last year for the largest sellout in history, while the membership suffers. As long as he can do the companies bidding, selling us "without further ratification, he's got it made. The membership can't get him out, he has a job for life in the twu International. The AA pilots and the AA Flt. Attendants have both dumped their unions sell-out leaders, but we in the twu are stuck with ours.

The only solution:

AMFA NOW!!!!!

Hackman said:
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/business/10051860.htm

Written by Trebor Bansetter, one of AA's favorite company men in the newspaper business.

"He pointed out (Mike Boyd, an airline consultant) that United Airlines and Us Airways both got bogged down in bankruptcy and have not been able to make cuts deeper than American's out-of-court restructuring".

AA has the deepest paycuts and concessions, we still can't make it. AA will be coming after our pensions next. The twu will sellout again and let it happen. Concessions for jobs (dues) is all the twu International cares about. Now we see the layoffs coming again. What will the twu sell next? Has Do-little taken a pay cut? HELL NO!!!! In fact he got a raise last year for the largest sellout in history, while the membership suffers. As long as he can do the companies bidding, selling us "without further ratification, he's got it made. The membership can't get him out, he has a job for life in the twu International. The AA pilots and the AA Flt. Attendants have both dumped their unions sell-out leaders, but we in the twu are stuck with ours.

The only solution:
AMFA NOW!!!!!
[post="197068"][/post]​

OK Hack...I'll bite...what will AMFA do or change to whoever is left at AA? I mean really, AMFA hasn't been lighting any fires anywhere have they?

Nightwatch, you have finally admitted that the EVILTWU has sold us down the river. Come to the over to the AMFA side Nightwatch! Join us so we can regain what has been lost by the TWU!

Nightwatch said:
OK Hack...I'll bite...what will AMFA do or change to whoever is left at AA? I mean really, AMFA hasn't been lighting any fires anywhere have they?
[post="197174"][/post]​
I'll tell you simpleton;

AMFA WOULD NEVER AGREE TO CONCESSIONS WITH NO SNAPBACK!!!!

AMFA WOULD NEVER AGREE TO HALF-PAY SICK TIME FOR TITLE 1 @ 2, BUT NO OTHER WORK GROUPS!!!!

AMFA WOULD NEVER AGREE TO GUT OUR CONTACT!!!!

WE HAVE HAD AA/TWU CONCESSIONS SINCE 1983, AND ITS ONLY GOTTEN WORSE. AA AMT'S HAVE THE WORST CONTRACT IN HISTORY, WORSE THAN US Airways, WORSE THAN United!!!!

The twu caves, every time. Management laughs their ass off when the twu shows up for negotiations, all they have to do is say BOO!!! Do-little and the rest of the sellouts cower.

Read this link http://www.freep.com/money/business/northw...0e_20041020.htm

I want my union to fight, and the twu never will, except their own members.

The twu sure has lit some fires, to their own members careers :angry:

Name one, any one, union that was able to negotiate a snapback clause when facing BK. Do not try and throw the pilots at me, that was not their situation. It simply is not done.

Believe this or not I do understand your frustration but certains items do not stack up as you state. If you have been so terribly represented, since 1983, why then has it taken you 21 years to grow a backbone?

Our problems now are not the TWU nor AMFA, our future lies with the way the companies decide to get a handle on this fuel crisis, and it's not looking good.

I read the article Hack, I agree and wish the mechs at NWA the best. The time for concessions are over, if a company, any company, cannot survive without coming to the employers, without ever coming to the consumer, then so be it. Put them all out of business, let these people start flying Jap Air!

Nightwatch said:
I read the article Hack, I agree and wish the mechs at NWA the best. The time for concessions are over, if a company, any company, cannot survive without coming to the employers, without ever coming to the consumer, then so be it. Put them all out of business, let these people start flying Jap Air!
[post="197194"][/post]​

nw, are you saying that the concessions we took will not work? No arguement intended with this question. I get the feeling that we might agree that if management can't run an airline then it is NOT up to labor to work for less and less.

"Our problems now are not the TWU nor AMFA, our future lies with the way the companies decide to get a handle on this fuel crisis, and it's not looking good."

The above sentence is almost true. A major part of the problem we face was started by the twu by allowing concessions by taking AMTs and turning them into osm's. The iam first allowed UAL & NWA to send aircraft overseas. The iam is lying down at USAir when they should be fighting. The iam lied down at UAL when they should have fought. Granted, any airline will try and do what they want. It is up to that airlines particular union to fight and protect their members. Indeed, the future isn't looking good with the actions taken so far from the twu and iam. AMFA is at least fighting and the membership wants them to fight. Again, I am not trying to argue with you here. I am stating fact. It almost seems as if you are understanding now.

Our profession needs to stand together. The AMFA wants us to come together but the twu & iam fear it. For our profession to survive and prosper so our profession's future will retain intelligent, skilled individuals we need to all be united under one union. The twu and iam and ibt are not that union.

Snapbacks?? :D :D :D

As if the new reality in this industry is some kind of temporary situation.

The good ole' days are over. In a couple years, 2004 is gonna seem like "the good ole' days."

With GREEDY,DUMBASS,SCUMBAGS like you running things,FWAAA, you're probalby right. What are you gonna do when your pencil pushing job is outsourced to TEMPCO? If people like you,FWAAA, are continued to be allowed to "run the show", our economy is headed into another great depression. All your wonderful stocks,even money, will be worthless in the "soupline"!

FWAAA.COM

FWAAA said:

The good ole' days are over. In a couple years, 2004 is gonna seem like "the good ole' days."
[post="197228"][/post]​
Well, apparently AA management thinks its temporary judging by the layers upon layers of fat that should have been cut years ago.

Your right the good ol' days are over, and the yet management still see's this as a labor problem. I will not take another pay and benefit cut to cover management mistakes. I will take my skills and leave the responsibilty of safe aircraft maintenance someone else, most likely in China.

Smoking holes in the ground will be the result. Enjoy your flight. :unsure:

Nightwatch said:
[post="197194"][/post]​
Why not SWA? They appear to be able to pay their employees and make a profit.

FWAAA said:

[post="197228"][/post]​

Reality? Do you mean like in that "reality show" Airline? Is that the new reality? SWA? $43/hr, good, I cant wait.

As they airlines continue to cry poverty and rape their employees they still keep paying $400 for cargo panels that are made of about $1 worth of materials, they continue to build billion dollar terminals, they continue to recieve new aircraft as they park servicable ones in the desert, and make unneccisary capital improvements all over the system.

Over the last year or so I've seen them paint the hangar doors, pave the parking lot and install a cable system for fall prevention , never mind the new terminal. They sent everyone to fall prevention class until they realized that if everyone followed the rules set forth in the class that we could not do our jobs, the training has since been removed from our training records. It seems like they are just looking for ways to waste money.

Is that anything like leasing those F250 and F350 lariat pkgs? First time I ever saw a line truck with a CD player and heated seats.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
With GREEDY,DUMBASS,SCUMBAGS like you running things,FWAAA, you're probalby right. What are you gonna do when your pencil pushing job is outsourced to TEMPCO? If people like you,FWAAA, are continued to be allowed to "run the show", our economy is headed into another great depression. All your wonderful stocks,even money, will be worthless in the "soupline"!
[post="197235"][/post]​

Don't hold back, Princess - tell me how you really feel! :D

Hackman said:
Well, apparently AA management thinks its temporary judging by the layers upon layers of fat that should have been cut years ago.

Your right the good ol' days are over, and the yet management still see's this as a labor problem. I will not take another pay and benefit cut to cover management mistakes. I will take my skills and leave the responsibilty of safe aircraft maintenance someone else, most likely in China.

Smoking holes in the ground will be the result. Enjoy your flight.

Nothing is more pathetic than when management goes back to the workers for another bite. Like at UAL or USAir. If AA tries it - tell 'em where to go.

Bob Owens said:
Reality? Do you mean like in that "reality show" Airline? Is that the new reality? SWA? $43/hr, good, I cant wait.

As they airlines continue to cry poverty and rape their employees they still keep paying $400 for cargo panels that are made of about $1 worth of materials, they continue to build billion dollar terminals, they continue to recieve new aircraft as they park servicable ones in the desert, and make unneccisary capital improvements all over the system.

Over the last year or so I've seen them paint the hangar doors, pave the parking lot and install a cable system for fall prevention , never mind the new terminal. They sent everyone to fall prevention class until they realized that if everyone followed the rules set forth in the class that we could not do our jobs, the training has since been removed from our training records. It seems like they are just looking for ways to waste money.

What does it matter to you how much Southwest pays its mechanics if it isn't hiring lots of them? It could be $100/hr and it wouldn't make any difference to your life unless you could get a job there. How many thousand of the former UAL, AA, NW, AS and other laid off AMTs has WN added to their payroll in the last 3 years?

Unless you're an old man nearing retirement, I can't understand why you don't just march over to ISP and get a job with WN. Sprawling WN maintenance base there - multiple hangars, right?? B)

Latest posts