10/30 Ft. Worth Star-telegram

FWAAA said:
What does it matter to you how much Southwest pays its mechanics if it isn't hiring lots of them?

Well AA isnt hiring them either, besides thats a dumb statement anyway, of course it matters, they do the same job that we do, except only on one type of aircraft, yet they get paid a lot more than we do.How would you like it if you pulled into the gas station on empty and the guy told you that you were paying double what the guy in front of you paid and he turned around and said to you"What do you care what I charged him, this is what I'm charging you"?

It could be $100/hr and it wouldn't make any difference to your life unless you could get a job there. How many thousand of the former UAL, AA, NW, AS and other laid off AMTs has WN added to their payroll in the last 3 years?

Another dunb statement. I'm suprised at you. Obviously none of the airlines are hiring great numbers of workers at this time.

Unless you're an old man nearing retirement, I can't understand why you don't just march over to ISP and get a job with WN. Sprawling WN maintenance base there - multiple hangars, right??

No, not yet, but we can hope.If they do decide to build you can bet that I will be making out a resume.
B)
[post="197385"][/post]​

Bob Owens said:
How would you like it if you pulled into the gas station on empty and the guy told you that you were paying double what the guy in front of you paid and he turned around and said to you"What do you care what I charged him, this is what I'm charging you"?

[post="197412"][/post]​

You mean like how airlines charge their customers? Where some might pay many multiples more than other passengers on the very same flight in the same cabin? Doesn't happen to me at the gas station, but happens all the time at the airport.

FWAAA said:
You mean like how airlines charge their customers? Where some might pay many multiples more than other passengers on the very same flight in the same cabin? Doesn't happen to me at the gas station, but happens all the time at the airport.
[post="197416"][/post]​

The opportunity to buy at that price was open to you also. You chose not to buy then. If I buy gas today at $2.00 and you buy it tomorrow at $2.10 is that unfair? Even if we are driving right next to each other on the highway going to the same place? The same opportunity was there for everyone.

Try to spin it however you like. When our wage was where it should be people like you would complain that "compared to other airlines" our wage is too high. Now when we make the comparasion you say "what should that matter to you?"